guypjfreak

That's true, but there's something we can all do now to speed things up on Wednesday/Sunday, and that's to populate each field with our registration numbers and postcodes, then press 'proceed' as if to buy. Obviously we won't be able to, but what that achieves is to tell the browser what we're going to want to put in those boxes. If you open up the page again and simply click (or press arrow down) in each field, you'll see all the details saved by the browser, meaning copy/paste is no longer necessary on that page. Now all you have to do is press tab to get into each field, then arrow down to immediately populate it. Have a practice to get your technique down, and you'll whizz through that page like lightning when the time comes.

EDIT: For clarity, this is my technique: mouse click in the first registration number box, then down arrow twice, tab to the next box, down arrow twice, tab to the next box, down arrow twice, tab... etc., until I've populated all the boxes I need to. I can enter four registration numbers in about three seconds. Then hit enter and pay.

Yes, that's really good advice, just for the auto-complete, thanks!

How exciting.

Surely we've never seen this page up in previous years until actual ticket day? At the very least we may have the full url to bookmark.

But, even last's years link page is starting to be updated for 2015: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Tour/Glastonbury-2014

Another strategy: download and install NoSquint which is a browser plug in (again, this is for Firefox) and shrink the page down to about 70%. You can do that now, and it'll remember your size preference whenever you return.

For me, the registration input screen requires a scroll down before you reach the first 'Your Details' box. That scroll down is an extra second or two, and every second counts. By shrinking down slightly, you'll see that first box immediately. Then you can click on it and do the 'two arrows down, one tab' button trick above to get to the payment screen even quicker.

Edited by kalifire

Right..... I've been practicing.

I can definitely cut and paste 4 registration numbers and postcodes into that page than I can type them out. That's one decision made.

Can I send you my two then? i could do with a lie in...

Right..... I've been practicing.

I can definitely cut and paste 4 registration numbers and postcodes into that page faster than I can type them out. That's one decision made.

I'd be a bit worried about your accuracy considering you missed a word out?

Edited by jeffie

I was going to attempt to get one ticket for a friend on T Day but she is now sorted as she cycled last year and so has already bought her ticket. That means I don't need to buy any tickets. As i said previously, I'm happy to go online and attempt to get through for folk on here. What is the best way of going about it if I get through to the ticket page?

I was going to attempt to get one ticket for a friend on T Day but she is now sorted as she cycled last year and so has already bought her ticket. That means I don't need to buy any tickets. As i said previously, I'm happy to go online and attempt to get through for folk on here. What is the best way of going about it if I get through to the ticket page?

If you're going to do that, the most helpful way will be to gather 6 names and reg numbers beforehand to copy and paste in, for whoever you agree to help beforehand, and get paid afterward if you get through. Asking on here during the Sunday maelstrom is a nonstarter I think. See who responds to your offer and how long you've known them here, or how you validate them (harsh term, but on who will pay you back promptly given that it's your debit card). Threads started turning up before the secret sales with these details on, but didn't see any beforehand for the original T day.

It was a nightmare last year when I offered to help. Had hundreds of messages from people with all details and phone numbers. I did help quite a few but I'm more organised this year. Already have 5 plus a chap to add on as he's going for one ticket. I've sent my 5 to a friend. We're helping each other. Plus obviously the peeps on our list. Best to find a few groups before to help.

If you're going to do that, the most helpful way will be to gather 6 names and reg numbers beforehand to copy and paste in, for whoever you agree to help beforehand, and get paid afterward if you get through. Asking on here during the Sunday maelstrom is a nonstarter I think. See who responds to your offer and how long you've known them here, or how you validate them (harsh term, but on who will pay you back promptly given that it's your debit card). Threads started turning up before the secret sales with these details on, but didn't see any beforehand for the original T day.

Ok. If any regular posters want me to try for them PM me. It can be 6 tickets as I don't need any. As I haven't met anyone on here (apart from Guy PJF) you'll have to trust me with your card details,but not until I'm on the booking page and by phone. (Probably actually met loads of you but didn't realise at the time)

Ha ha, tried that earlier but your account didn't accept the message, if you're still without names, I'd appreciate the help? Cheers.

Ok. If any regular posters want me to try for them PM me. It can be 6 tickets as I don't need any. As I haven't met anyone on here (apart from Guy PJF) you'll have to trust me with your card details,but not until I'm on the booking page and by phone. (Probably actually met loads of you but didn't realise at the time)