Acid_Haze

Echo and the Bunnymen and James are both playing shows over the summer. Either of them a possibility?

Echo and The Bunnymen stand a chance of being there, not headliner on Other though I wouldnt imagine. as for James, I dont think its likely, saw this on twitter the other day

@wearejames now that the booking window is shut for @GlastoFest i think its only fair that you let everyone know u r playing #Glasto2015

They responded saying HA HA I wish

so doesnt look good really..although you never know. Im seeing them at Bearded Theory, so am not too bothered they arent playing.

As for Jamie T, I concur, no-one else on the Other thread agreed with me though...reckon he'll be sub

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I am loving that the line up hasn't been announced - from a kind of 'Its Michael and Emilys party and they'll play how they want to ' type of way

I hope they don't announce until after the resale, they have said they want people to come down to the farm for the festival, not just the headliners/ music / line up and if they sell out with the resale, they have proved that they are doing what they aim to do

Infact selling out with 2 headliners annouced, one of which is hugely 'unpopular' I think proves that the punters who attend go for experience, the greatest weekend ever and have trust it will be brilliant whoever plays !

I am loving that the line up hasn't been announced - from a kind of 'Its Michael and Emilys party and they'll play how they want to ' type of way

I hope they don't announce until after the resale, they have said they want people to come down to the farm for the festival, not just the headliners/ music / line up and if they sell out with the resale, they have proved that they are doing what they aim to do

Infact selling out with 2 headliners annouced, one of which is hugely 'unpopular' I think proves that the punters who attend go for experience, the greatest weekend ever and have trust it will be brilliant whoever plays !

Please increase your font size! Getting too old for size 4 now!

Well the Kaisers confirmed they were doing it on the Thursday afternoon, so (at least) the bit about the bus breaking down is bullshit

Other stage was so good last year with so many brilliant bookings. Hoping it surprises me as rumours so far are not appealing to me!

Don't think I really watched a full set there, tried to watch Paolo but could barely hear him so went into the pyramid field (fortunately) just as Arcade Fire came on.

The more I've thought about the situation with the lack of line up - the more I've thought there must be a genuine reason behind it.

The festival will all be aware of the backlash on Twitter/Facebook from people who want the lineup to be released. It would be pointless to cause these bad feelings if the lineup was completed and available, and was just sat there waiting until they decide to release it. They won't want people to become annoyed at the lack of an announcement - so surely they must still be finalising acts.

I don't get why they don't just release a simple statement along the lines of 'we are just finalising the acts and the lineup will be released as soon as all is completed'.

I don't think anybody would have an issue if this was the case. I think a lot of people seem to just think they have the lineup sorted but are just holding back releasing it - which I assume isn't the case at all. As it would make little commercial sense to do so and bring on this backlash, especially after the whole Kanye saga.

The thing is though, West Holts have said all of their acts are signed and the line up for them is all sorted, they could easily just release that stage? Or Allow Shangri-La or Arcadia to release theirs? I can only assume that they are just holding it back to release in one hit for the biggest impact.

The more I've thought about the situation with the lack of line up - the more I've thought there must be a genuine reason behind it.

The festival will all be aware of the backlash on Twitter/Facebook from people who want the lineup to be released. It would be pointless to cause these bad feelings if the lineup was completed and available, and was just sat there waiting until they decide to release it. They won't want people to become annoyed at the lack of an announcement - so surely they must still be finalising acts.

I don't get why they don't just release a simple statement along the lines of 'we are just finalising the acts and the lineup will be released as soon as all is completed'.

I don't think anybody would have an issue if this was the case. I think a lot of people seem to just think they have the lineup sorted but are just holding back releasing it - which I assume isn't the case at all. As it would make little commercial sense to do so and bring on this backlash, especially after the whole Kanye saga.

I don't understand why they feel need to have a big announcement and not let smaller stages/SE corner areas have their own little announcements, if that's in fact what they are doing. It's all very mysterious and some communication about it would probably calm a lot of people down.

The thing is though, West Holts have said all of their acts are signed and the line up for them is all sorted, they could easily just release that stage? Or Allow Shangri-La or Arcadia to release theirs? I can only assume that they are just holding it back to release in one hit for the biggest impact.

I questioned the same thing at the same time! But why would they do that? Wouldn't it make sense to have more announcements to keep the hype/publicity going? I'm probably overthinking it, I should go do some studying.

Purely speculation but I wonder if with all the exclusivity agreements going about they've come to an agreement with some of the other festivals that they can share more acts if they go later with any announcement. The later it is gives all acts and other fests more chance of selling their own tickets. If they get too many returns this time they'll have to change tack but if it works for them and (say) IOW then it means stronger lineups for future years and glasto punters will be happy with a late announcement in future (assuming this one lives up to expectation)

People I trust always seem to recommend Supper's Ready to me, but I've never worked up the motiviation to sit through it. Am I missing out?

It's a prog epic, but I doubt the current Genesis folks would not be able to do it justice live.

However ... if you ever get the chance to see trib band The Musical Box perform they do it almost as good as the 1972 Genesis did.

The Libertines management did hold discussions with Glasto about playing (no idea which stage/position), but they priced themselves out of contention. A friend of mine has worked with one of the band members a fair bit over the last few years and this came directly from them. It could maybe happen, but from what I was told it didn't seem likely as management asked for far too much.

This makes me really sad. They're playing so many other places and probably got an absolute bomb for Reading and Leeds. Why's it all about the money? When did they sell out that badly? What happened to the small gigs for the fans, and doing it for the music?

Off topic, anyone here go in 2005? and did you watch The la's?

Yes and no.

My friend did, though, and she said that you could walk right to the front. There was no one there. I was watching the end of Primal Scream and then Basement Jaxx on the Pyramid, in case you were wondering what they were up against.