Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

I once saw a guy (middle aged guy) passed out and lying prone directly in front of the cider bus counter. Site was bone dry except for the place he had decided to lay which was muddy as fuck with cider spillage. People just stepped over him, got served and stepped back over him as if he wasn't there.
This would have been early Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

If we're including accidents and moments of horror then my top moment of all glastos has to be in 07.

We were camped up by the tree in Big Ground and to get to the rest of the festival you could make your way through a sea of cramped tents or work your way parallel to the hedge to a fence leading to a caribbean food place then the path - but it was on a fairly sharp slope to the right and you had to cling to the fence just in case you lost it on the wet grass....

Or at least he should have - the guy in front of me let go and immediately lost it, his legs skidding out underneath him ploughing a muddy line several metres down the slope with his already caked wellies as he yelped and waved his arms about in vain - and shot feet first straight into the open mouth of a tent to the occupants screaming and shouting "WHAT THE HOLY FUCK?!?!"

Much yelping and hollering continued - all I could do was crouch to try and hide my tears of laughter trying to not follow him down - you know you shouldn't laugh, you know it's awful but sometimes it's just amazing

I was walking through the market area between the Pyramid and Other Stage one year and noticed a big space had cleared around a particular trinket stall. In the middle of the cleared area was two beekeepers dressed in full suits removing a angry swarm of buzzing nasties that appeared to have settled on the stall, there was thousands of them! It was clearly not conducive to shopping!

After a particularly heavy night in Shangri La drinking High Commisioner (please don't judge me), I started to feel a bit rough and decided to head home. One of my mates called it a night as well, and we left together. He soon wished he didn't though, as I threw up all over his back, on his white jacket.

Weird thing is it came up bright green, like the gunge that they used to use on kids TV shows in the 90s.

Not my finest moment, but luckily my mate saw the funny side (after a while).

Something similar once happened to me after drinking Absinth. After a few shots of it I could feel that something wasn't settling right and wanted out asap. Made it to the bogs in the place and projectiled green foam everywhere not just through my mouth but out of my nostrils too! Never seen anything like it before or since.

That was the same night my mate was found hugging the kerb by the police n spent 24 hours in Hospital having his stomach pumped followed by then having is bloods levelled out again before they would let him leave...

Leftfield last year around 9am a man with no top on and jeans around his ankles just wearing boxers and wearing the dirt of days already gone by at glastonbury...walking in tiny shuffled babysteps whistling cheery tunes to himself, he stopped every few steps to twirl his (imaginary) ponytail like an american schoolgirl. All the while bobbing his head around like a nodding dog.

Then what i assume was a friend/acquaintance proceeded to attempt to tie his jeans to keep them up as he kept walking...this was unsuccessful...repeatedly unsuccessful.

Good night was it mate :)

Not the strangest thing ive seen but did make me laugh alot!

• 7 months later...

Sometime in the mid 90's, sitting by the Other / 2nd stage waiting for a band to come on (might have been the 1st year Oasis played - not sure) in the sun mid-afternoon.

A perfectly regular man sitting a few yards from me, on his own, just minding his own business.

He suddenly stands up, removes his t-shirt and then proceeds to remove all of his other clothes (except shoes) and then just walks off, leaving his clothes behind, as if it was the most normal / natural thing to ever happen.

Weirdest thing I saw was '09 when I was watching Bramble FM in the Circus fields and all of a sudden a massive convoy of mutant vehicles went past whilst Bramble FM was on.

Also Les Bubb was a particularly strange act I saw this year, couldn't find a clip of him performing at the big G but managed to find this video. Bare in mind that when I was watching him it was during the downpour on Friday and about 3 other people were watching him at the same time as me.

Was watching Pulp at the Park in 2011 from the top of the hill. I don't know how much people remember about the weather that year, but it had pissed it down Friday and part of Saturday, so the ground was fairly muddy, and like a real Glastonbury moment, the sun came out just as Pulp came on. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen at the festival, and during Common People - their last song - a man walked past where we were sitting and slipped in the mud. It took a minute for my brain to catch up with what was happening, and then I pointed and said to my friends 'it's Thom Yorke!' People around us quickly caught on and also didn't seem able to do much beyond point and say 'Thom Yorke!' Then Colin and Ed came along and helped him up. Thom gave us a smile and a wave and walked off in the direction the tipis, as Pulp finished Common People. 

cant remember the year but around 2005 a man rolling around on the floor shoveling handfulls of mud into his mouth with one hand and trying to video it with his other , the camera was completely covered and so was he security and paramedics were called !! wonder if he was trying to increase his youtube views !!

2015, while I was flirting with the beyond, the people I was with had gone to the toilet (one of the few points I vaguely remember of the night) and seemed to have been gone for a long time. In the mean time, some man came out of the bogs and preceded to sort himself out in front of everyone with his hand, before gracefully pulling up his shorts and walking off back into the abyss.

Edited by The Placid Casual

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

2015, with I was flirting with the beyond, the people I was with had gone to the toilet (one of the few points I vaguely remember of the night) and seemed to have been gone for a long time. In the mean time, some man came out of the bogs and preceded to sort himself out in front of everyone with his hand, before gracefully pulling up his shorts and walking off back into the abyss.

Can't believe I missed this to go to the toilet.

5 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

2015, while I was flirting with the beyond, the people I was with had gone to the toilet (one of the few points I vaguely remember of the night) and seemed to have been gone for a long time. In the mean time, some man came out of the bogs and preceded to sort himself out in front of everyone with his hand, before gracefully pulling up his shorts and walking off back into the abyss.

Was he standing?

Mid afternoon in 2010 I think (I remember it being hot). I'd gone for a walk on my own to get away from the crowds and ended up sat in the shade of a hedge in a fairly quiet corner of the stone circle, having a drink and a quiet smoke.

I was half dozing off when a procession of maybe 6 or 7 kids aged about 10 or 12 came past banging a small drum and waving a flag...

'Do you like Marmalade?' the one who was obviously the leader asked, with some authority.

'Erm, not really..' I replied, a bit dazed and confused

'Then join the revolution!' he shouted, then they all marched off, shouting 'Down with Marmalade!' towards the next group of people.

Hilarious :D

Overheard a spaced out guy with a west country accent on the Other Stage saying in a rather confused voice, "This isn't Oasis."
We were five tracks into Orbital's set. Oasis had already played two days earlier on the Pyramid Stage.

Two guys on a metal path with their arms out wide and a sign above them saying Accidental Touching. People had to walk the path due to the mud, so each time someone brushed by their hands, they apologised to them.

In the dance village years ago, there was a small woman who sat under the speaker. She would scurry out and touch people's legs before back to the security of her 'home.'