Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

This

Best thread at the moment :D

I'm printing this out and showing it to people at work tomorrow who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO IDEA about what GF is all about...which is what i think i put in my original post.

In the years i've taken the kids we had played a game at night (they were young and we couldn't do all nighters) called: Who Can Overhear The Weirdest Comment From Someone Walking Past The Tent.

We'd all hear the comments but you had to stay awake and call it first: MIIINE!

My daughter won when she called first for:

"...and, so, yeahhhhh, i finally got my old beaver stuffed for my birthday"

I think i found it funny for different reasons to the kids...

The lady with the 'gorillas' in the circus field in 2013 was pretty weird. When she started yelling at us to 'come on ladies, touch the gorillas! Give that fur a good tug' in a broad faux-South African accent I didn't know whether to laugh or run away :D

Last year, we were sitting on the hill at the pyramid stage chilling out in the afternoon, getting excited for Rolling Stones that evening.

I noticed three lads sitting not far from us. They got out a set if scales and started weighing out white powder into bags and occasionally snorting some themselves. A little while into this, a steward appeared behind them. They saw him . Ignored him. A few moments later a policeman appeared. They just sat there like they were having a nice chat, even as another 6 officers arrived, searched them and arrested them, they seemed quite chilled out.

Weirdest thing I think I've ever seen at a festival.

I'm printing this out and showing it to people at work tomorrow who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO IDEA about what GF is all about...which is what i think i put in my original post.

In the years i've taken the kids we had played a game at night (they were young and we couldn't do all nighters) called: Who Can Overhear The Weirdest Comment From Someone Walking Past The Tent.

We'd all hear the comments but you had to stay awake and call it first: MIIINE!

My daughter won when she called first for:

"...and, so, yeahhhhh, i finally got my old beaver stuffed for my birthday"

I think i found it funny for different reasons to the kids...

Overheard at Glastonbury 2011, by my sister, who arrived back at camp laughing quite uncontrollably.

She said two guys were walking beside her, one of them asked his mate; "Is anal cheating?" To which his mate replied, very seriously, "no."

Excellent.

I enjoyed the group of boys crowdsurfing to the front whilst Faithless were on in 2010, in a paddling pool.

Yes to this, and also in the same year seeing Police on horseback, with the chief Police officer wearing a huge multi coloured Indian headress

anyone see that old guy last year dressed up as a wizard (if I memory serves me correctly?!) dragging an old milk crate around like it was a pet using an umbrella with a hook to drag it, we watched this guy for a good hour or so on the Sunday afternoon/early evening in the large white tent opposite where the glade used to be. WTF! GOD I LOVE GLASTONBURY!

There was a fair queue for the portaloos in Woodsies and some proper hippy looking type, complete with multi coloured poncho and beard-dreds takes a camping toilet thing and proceed to drop trou' and take a seat for everyone to see. Has a lovely chat with everyone there during. Finishes, stands up, picks up the seat, walks about and offers it to the rest of queuing with his trousers and pants still around his ankles.

I met a girl who showed me her tattoo she got to remind her of her boyfriend.....it said "c**t" on the inside of her lower lip....she then said it's been there for about 8 months but she thought it would only last 6.....I didn't tell her tattoos tend to be forever....

In 2009, on the Sunday morning, walking along the railway line, saw a guy 'dancing' to the 'vehicle reversing' alarm of a sewage draining lorry. He genuinely thought it was music. Transpired he hadn't been to sleep since getting there on Wednesday.

That said, it did sound a little like one of Skrillex's sets

Queuing for a pee at one of the long drops, mate of mine having a pee in one of the central cubicles. A girl was in each cubicle either side.

At the same time both girls start screaming OMG someone's pissing on my foot.

My mate shouts back "Sorry Girls, forgot I didn't have my cock ring in so I'm pissing in 3 directions!"

Laughing so much I nearly pissed myself!

Edited by beermonster_c

Loving this, will have to type this now and read the rest later

The stand out weird moment to me was the saturday morning in '09

the festival was awesome that year - possibly my favourite. sunny, glorious and manic non-stop for me

ended up staying up all night with my trusty wingman alex and come 5am we were in the stone circle somewhere beyond normal conversation and spangled waiting for a sunrise that never came through the mist that had descended across the site. it amplified the constant happy chatter around the circle, thousands of voices and whoops at the little glimpses of sun

realising that was all we were getting we walked off past the tipi field into the park to see several punters running up the hill vanishing into the mist as if they never existed, but a gentle drumming floated down towards us from the rabbit hole so we went to see if anything was still happening at this hour

as we approached the benches and campfire five characters straight out of Wonderland came dancing out of the rabbit hole and did a silent waltz around the circle of benches. they bowed to each other, jumped atop the benches and each turned slowly dancing and moving as if to some unstoppable but glacial muscial force. they faced each other, smiled, doffed their hats and ran off into the mist

we slowly picked our jaws back off the floor and started pinching ourselves. was still trembling thinking i'd lost it the following morning, then found this

DSCF2226.jpg

I love the randomness ..... Nowhere on earth like it, and i love love love this thread

Wandering along in the rain in 2009 (?) and we we walked past a gentlemen near the JP stage in walking boots, a hat and a see through poncho - nothing more ! Brilliant !

Same year sat at the glade drinking a beer and the green police were around evacuating people from the trees... ... One lad went down the slope, the green police waited a moment then followed him in ... You could see his back and the panic as he had been caught - instead of finishing his business he turned around and walked casually away trying to do his flies up at the same time whilst casually sauntering past the bar.... With a large wet stain appearing down the front of his beige trousers .... Obviously couldn't stop.... Everyone cheered ...

Thom yorke dancing with his mates to his own dj set in heaven last year.... Looked like an octopus .... He put on a tune, jumped off the stage, partied , grabbed a drink and then carried on :-)

Walking back to east cv field last year in the earth morning and walking through a night very bust astoglobe (?) field. There was an ice cream van in the corner (with the words I scream) on it ... Picket fence and a load of zombies dancing around it ... As you passed they approached you in full zombie mode.... Very surreal at that time in the morning and slightly spooky