Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

Loving this, will have to type this now and read the rest later

The stand out weird moment to me was the saturday morning in '09

the festival was awesome that year - possibly my favourite. sunny, glorious and manic non-stop for me

ended up staying up all night with my trusty wingman alex and come 5am we were in the stone circle somewhere beyond normal conversation and spangled waiting for a sunrise that never came through the mist that had descended across the site. it amplified the constant happy chatter around the circle, thousands of voices and whoops at the little glimpses of sun

realising that was all we were getting we walked off past the tipi field into the park to see several punters running up the hill vanishing into the mist as if they never existed, but a gentle drumming floated down towards us from the rabbit hole so we went to see if anything was still happening at this hour

as we approached the benches and campfire five characters straight out of Wonderland came dancing out of the rabbit hole and did a silent waltz around the circle of benches. they bowed to each other, jumped atop the benches and each turned slowly dancing and moving as if to some unstoppable but glacial muscial force. they faced each other, smiled, doffed their hats and ran off into the mist

we slowly picked our jaws back off the floor and started pinching ourselves. was still trembling thinking i'd lost it the following morning, then found this

What a great story, put a big smile on my face (even bigger than the one i'm already wearing cos it's friday!)

Wierdest thing I ever saw was in 2010, was walking back into the action after a quick trip to the tent for more cans, must have been about 1am i reckon. Coming over the railway line beside the Glade there was a portaloo sat right in the middle of the path, decked out in fairy light and with house music blasting out from inside. There was a crowd of about 30 people raving away all around it. Stood there perplexed for a minute or two and then the whole portaloo lifted a couple of inches off the ground and walked off, crowd in tow.

It's brilliant what people come up with haha.

I was there in 1999 and witnessed the van drive through the crowd at Super Furries. Could swear it was just a white transit and not an ice cream van though as I was right next to it.

Weirdest experience I had was earlier that afternoon. I woke up and had a space cake for breakfast. It was really hot and after a couple of ciders sat out in the sun decided to retire to the tent. A combination of being twisted and sun stroke set in. A dwarf came in and left and apple in the corner. 30 seconds later he came back and left another apple. Eventually the whole tent was full and I was getting hotter and hotter. Finally I'd had enough and ran out gasping for air realising it was all in my mind. As soon as I got out of there I felt fine, grabbed a beverage and wandered across to the main stage where I stayed pretty much the whole day.

Oh and I once saw an old hippy walking round completely in the nip save for a traffic cone on his bonce.

In 2009, on the Sunday morning, walking along the railway line, saw a guy 'dancing' to the 'vehicle reversing' alarm of a sewage draining lorry. He genuinely thought it was music.

I've done that in a pub dancing to the tunes / noises that were coming out of the fruit machine. I was told about this the day after the evening out. Apparently I was really going for it, and the whole pub was watching (and no doubt laughing).

I've done that in a pub dancing to the tunes / noises that were coming out of the fruit machine. I was told about this the day after the evening out. Apparently I was really going for it, and the whole pub was watching (and no doubt laughing).

That's a special kind of wasted.

On site or in the distance? Pretty impressive either way!

Just outside the perimeter on the south side, it was back in the 80's so I think it would have been inside the super fence nowadays. Walked up the hill to take a look the following morning and it was pretty impressive carnage. The tree was dead for sure. There was a photo on the web somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it now. Most of the people I was with were tripping on acid at the time so their memories are sketchy, but the image is imprinted on my brain. It was spectacular. By far the biggest strike I've ever seen, instant flames, the wood was chard in places. It must have been half a a mile away but I clearly remember seeing the trunk part.

Edited by bamber

anyone see that old guy last year dressed up as a wizard (if I memory serves me correctly?!) dragging an old milk crate around like it was a pet using an umbrella with a hook to drag it, we watched this guy for a good hour or so on the Sunday afternoon/early evening in the large white tent opposite where the glade used to be. WTF! GOD I LOVE GLASTONBURY!

He was walking around looking for bottles - when he found one, he bent over, removed his hat, poured the contents of said bottle over his head, then put this hat back on, added the bottle to the collection in his crate and carried on.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years back, I watched this guy in a Borat-style mankini, sprinting across what was then JazzWorld.

He got half way, then someone I presume was a complete stranger to him, intercepted him and brought him down with a massive rugby tackle. Poor guy was splattered, then he just got up and kept running.

Still wonder if he survived...

1. Woman masturbating on the bandstand

Also saw a woman masturbating in the stone circle one time.

The view from Pennard hill at midnight. Michael Jackson had just died and Glastonbury lit up in mobile phones...

Sat on the floor chilling during Paul "don't want to be here" Simons set and the crowd around me all seem to take a step back. I instantly wonder why then look behind me to see a guy in his 40s dancing completely naked. Had a chat with him he works in a bank. He said he always got given room to dance.