Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

12 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Sounds like you trampled through a really nice part of the Green Futures field (circled below).

FG_Website_Map_v4.png

no It can't be there we didn't come out at the glade, came out much further up. but I could be wrong. To this day I have gone back looking every year to see if I can see anything that looks familiar and never have. I went round that area it didn't seem big or wooded enough from my memory

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

no It can't be there we didn't come out at the glade, came out much further up. but I could be wrong. To this day I have gone back looking every year to see if I can see anything that looks familiar and never have. I went round that area it didn't seem big or wooded enough from my memory

it doesn't come out right by the glade, but a little further up the track.

It defo sounds like that bit of the site from what you've said.

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

One year possibly ten years ago

my friend and I were in the stone circle after a pretty messy 48 hours, we started to wonder back and found we had gone the wrong way. we thought we could take a short cut and ended up at a fence. we scaled the fence (it wasn't that big) and ended up walking through a wooded area. in the middle was a little village wooden huts and they had gardens. I fell over a few garden fences and slipped through gardens. I came to another fence scaled that and i was on the railway track.  i was just shouting sorry as I destroyed peoples garden fences. 

please some one tell me this area actually exists

I have done exactly the same thing, although my encounter was almost pitch black and I remember seeing a pond and a muddy path. I told my mate the next morning, it was like nowhere else I had experienced at Glasto, a world within a world, and really quiet, and a little bit scary because it was so dark and I was abosultely mullered

I vowed to find the place the next day, with the pond, fences and paths, almost maze like, and wandered around the Greenfields area and eventually found where it was I stumbled around the previous night

It was the Permaculture Garden at he corner of the Greenfields right next to the track, you don't notice its there at night its quite well hidden and really quiet

Lovely place, one of my favourite areas now when I am hungover and need some peace and quiet whilst eating a pakora and drinking warm Stella

That's where you were my friend, your experience was exactly like mine the first time I stumbled through that area !

11 minutes ago, Divein said:

I've said this before, but I once saw a deer run into the metal fence that separates bbc introducing backstage camping and oxylers

I saw a deer legging it round one year as well.

also I went roller skating one year at 7am round a wooden rink did that really happen? 2002ish time probably in lost vagueness?

Wouldn't say this is specifically the weirdest thing I've seen but I'm not prone to massively vivid hallucinations, even in my worst states, so wondering if anyone can corroborate if this tent was actually there or not...

So this was 2010, in Shangri-La, and either Saturday or Sunday night (or early morning if you will) .... I wandered into a quite large enclosed tent .... and was confronted by what I can only describe as a WW1 or 2 hospital ward, with rows of old-fashioned iron hospital beds, with little tables on the side and chairs for visitors. 

There were some helpers that were helping girls get into all-white ye olde nurse's uniforms (no funny business, all above board and behind some screens) and blokes were getting changed into old-style striped pyjamas, getting into ward beds and then the nurses were going round with clipboards and checking on them.  If I recall, there was no actual music playing, and a few people in old-fashioned military uniform jovially walking around and chatting to people.  I didn't get changed myself, just had a look around for a few minutes, noticed the friends I walked in with weren't there anymore and went back out to find them.

For some reason I've never thought to ask any of the people I was with (one being my sister) whether this actually happened or is all in my head - it's not something that has worried me and because it wasn't f**ked-up in the usual chemical mongy way, it seems quite a sedate experience and something I only fleetingly think about.  I came close once to emailing the Shangri-La people to ask, but didn't get round to it.  However, my 'memory' of the event seems far too detailed and unhazy to be a trip.

Then I saw this thread and thought I'd ask some nice but completely random people if they also experienced this tent and could identify with this brief-but-odd experience.

Edited by Janaka

4 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Wouldn't say this is specifically the weirdest thing I've seen but I'm not prone to massively vivid hallucinations, even in my worst states, so wondering if anyone can corroborate if this tent was actually there or not...

So this was 2010, in Shangri-La, and either Saturday or Sunday night (or early morning if you will) .... I wandered into a quite large enclosed tent .... and was confronted by what I can only describe as WW1 or 2 hospital ward, with rows of old-fashioned iron hospital beds, with little tables on the side and chairs for visitors. 

There were some helpers that were helping girls get into all-white ye olde nurse's uniforms (no funny business, all above board and behind some screens) and blokes were getting changed into old-style striped pyjamas, getting into ward beds and then the nurses were going round with clipboards and checking on them.  If I recall, there was no actual music playing, and a few people in old-fashioned military uniform jovially walking around and chatting to people.  I didn't get changed myself, just had a look around for a few minutes, noticed the friends I walked in with weren't there anymore and went back out to find them.

For some reason I've never thought to ask any of the people I was with (one being my sister) whether this actually happened or is all in my head - it's not something that has worried me and because it wasn't f**ked-up in the usual chemical mongy way, it seems quite a sedate experience and something I only fleetingly think about.  I came close once to emailing the Shangri-La people to ask, but didn't get round to it.  However memory of the event seems far too detailed and unhazy to be a trip.

Then I saw this thread and thought I'd ask some nice but completely random people if they also experienced this tent and could identify with this brief-but-odd experience.

I can't help, but wish you every success in your quest to find the truth.

a lady waking off in the PS field ..she got carted off by old bill but had been seen doing it around the site lol and a toilet tent filled with wot i guess was helium ballons floating across the site towards the tor ...thought i was seing things but no mates saw it as well funny as fuck ....years and years and yaers ago saw a bloke with a remote control unit in his hands controling somthing when looked closer it was just a carrier bag floating in the wind lol ...classic

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

years and years and yaers ago saw a bloke with a remote control unit in his hands controling somthing when looked closer it was just a carrier bag floating in the wind lol ...classic

I have a mate who used to sit in his bay window pretending he was controlling the people walking past his window. I think if you combine that with your remote control unit then you've got the makings of a good bit of fancy dress - or the makings of a Restraining Order!

1 hour ago, Divein said:

I've said this before, but I once saw a deer run into the metal fence that separates bbc introducing backstage camping and oxylers

My GF and I saw a group of badgers in the nature reserve about ten years ago. We were on the path near the long drops and happened to notice them through the fence. We watched them for about ten minutes, running around in broad daylight in the woods.

We've had a quick look for them every year since and never seen them again.

22 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

My GF and I saw a group of badgers in the nature reserve about ten years ago. We were on the path near the long drops and happened to notice them through the fence. We watched them for about ten minutes, running around in broad daylight in the woods.

We've had a quick look for them every year since and never seen them again.

So, there are wild badgers on site afterall? Tommmy was right.

On 17/01/2016 at 1:27 PM, The Nal said:

Kanye West headlining the Pyramid Stage.

Nothing weird about that whatsoever by the way, I saw a tent full of people high on LSD react to the spectacle of an oak tree being split in two by a lighting bolt, That was a bit special

Not that weird but on my first Glastonbury I saw:

• Someone be placed on a bin and then completely fall in
  • A lot of weird stuff when I popped my head into the circus tent thing.. like a man wrapped up in tape or something
  • A really convincing Russell Brand impersonator mid rant in the dance area (around Shangrila)

On 17/01/2016 at 1:27 PM, The Nal said:

Kanye West headlining the Pyramid Stage.

Nothing weird about that whatsoever by the way, I saw a tent full of people high on LSD react to the spectacle of an oak tree being split in two by a lighting bolt, That was a bit special

I also once accidentally stumbled through the permaculture area (2010 on the Thursday night) and ended up in a little pond.  I knew there was a path through to the railway track, but missed it and somehow was trudging through the area they had carefully set up.  A bedredlocked chap with a torch appeared after awhile and was very friendly as he led us out of the area we had probably callously trashed in our stoned meanderings.

From stories on here I don't feel quite as guilty anymore, it clearly happens quite a lot :P

17 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I also once accidentally stumbled through the permaculture area (2010 on the Thursday night) and ended up in a little pond.  I knew there was a path through to the railway track, but missed it and somehow was trudging through the area they had carefully set up.  A bedredlocked chap with a torch appeared after awhile and was very friendly as he led us out of the area we had probably callously trashed in our stoned meanderings.

From stories on here I don't feel quite as guilty anymore, it clearly happens quite a lot :P

'Bedredlocked'!

Is it a word? It is now!!!

Excellent wordsmithery, Spindles! Love it!

2 minutes ago, dexydexy said:

this guy last year was great! just dancing by Arcadia

Probably would have been even better if he was left to dance how he wanted without worrying about someone filming him then posting him on the Internet to laugh at 

If Glastonbury isn't a place we can all get Gillespied without ending up on YouTube then we have a problem 

9 minutes ago, sloseph said:

Probably would have been even better if he was left to dance how he wanted without worrying about someone filming him then posting him on the Internet to laugh at 

If Glastonbury isn't a place we can all get Gillespied without ending up on YouTube then we have a problem 

i thought he was great. wasn't being mean spirited in any way. it's people and moments like that that make glastonbury for me. if you want to take it another way, crack on.

22 minutes ago, dexydexy said:

i thought he was great. wasn't being mean spirited in any way. it's people and moments like that that make glastonbury for me. if you want to take it another way, crack on.

Yeah sorry that came across a bit more directed at you than I meant it 

I don't think you're laughing at him, my issue is that someone filmed him in the first place