Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

But its not just tomato juice. Its a meal, a drink, and a hangover cure all in one cold glass.  I'm not a fan of tomato juice on its own, but the special mix of ingredients is pure magic.  You can get a good one in the park.  Imagine this on Saturday morning...bloody-mary-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, karaseen said:

But its not just tomato juice. Its a meal, a drink, and a hangover cure all in one cold glass.  I'm not a fan of tomato juice on its own, but the special mix of ingredients is pure magic.  You can get a good one in the park.  Imagine this on Saturday morning...bloody-mary-1.jpg

Meaty

On 08/04/2016 at 11:47 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Shame that Shangri-La doesn't seem like that now.  It's just a collection of dance music venues and the oddness seems to have evaporated.  Either that or I'm too dumb/drunk/old to find them.

I know it's not popular opinion but the SE corner just seems like a collection of clubs all playing stuff I don't like.  I loved the alleys, but I agree change is good, I just thought over the last couple of years it was a bit samey

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

never had a bloody Mary .. am I missing anything?

To my mind it's a taste sensation - only one that really doesn't agree with me. God know's I've tried to like it, but everytime I get given a glass of it I end up giving it to someone else to drink. I guess it must be like the Marmite question a bit.

7 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Oh god does anyone remember that weird moving rubbish pile installation that had eyes? It looked like it was breathing/expanding. Seeing that on the walk back from the south east corner at 6AM when I was, let's say, a little out of it was so terrifying/strange

Yes, in the Greenfields near the Greenpeace ship if I recall. Freaked a few people out in the day time so would not have wanted to encounter it at 6am!

It reminded me of Marjory from Fraggle rock!

5 hours ago, karaseen said:

9294e80a1b52ef6d66fbfcfe6e59baf3.jpg

I'm sure they'll have been mentioned somewhere else, perhaps a while ago.

Firstly the bloke who used to walk around with the cross and secondly the year Circus Archaos were on the pyramid, which I think was 1990.  Closed with cars rolling down each side of the pyramid as I recall.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not that weird but stumbling across the Dog Faced Geishas, Shangri La, 2010 was a bit surreal!

we went in there one night and in addition to the pig faced geishas serving behind the bar, as we walked in the act on stage was dressed as Boris Johnson and performing the "Sex Olympics" ...

last year in shangrila

I walked into a tent that had a platform hanging from the ceiling with women and men not dressed in very much chasing each other round with whips and stuff. not the weirdest thing I had seen

but it was up there

Certainly not the weirdest thing I've seen, but in probably 1999, in some part of the Green Fields, a young fellow was just wandering along. He was carrying a case which he popped on top of an oil drum bin and then opened. The case contained a proper old-timey wind-up gramophone player. He then wound it up (like you would) and put on an old 78rpm of bizarre old tunes. I found this amusing. Good evening.

On 13/04/2016 at 1:40 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Oh god does anyone remember that weird moving rubbish pile installation that had eyes? It looked like it was breathing/expanding. Seeing that on the walk back from the south east corner at 6AM when I was, let's say, a little out of it was so terrifying/strange

One of my kids loved it. The other was scared shitless.

IMG_20150626_140046.jpg

On 4/14/2016 at 7:25 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Not that weird but stumbling across the Dog Faced Geishas, Shangri La, 2010 was a bit surreal!

Yes, that was weird to the point of disturbing. They had a riot grrl-type duo on when I was there called "100% Beefcock" - the one playing guitar looked like a 95 year old Miss Havisham done up in a ripped mini skirt. They were beyond crap but couldn't take my eyes off them :blink:

11 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Yes, that was weird to the point of disturbing. They had a riot grrl-type duo on when I was there called "100% Beefcock" - the one playing guitar looked like a 95 year old Miss Havisham done up in a ripped mini skirt. They were beyond crap but couldn't take my eyes off them :blink:

Yes! I remember these - 100% Beefcock & The Titsbursters - they combined nuclear burst levels of loudness with being utterly shite. Made me cry with laughter.