Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would other artists please stop hogging Owen Pallett and leave him in peace to finish another glorious opus set in Spectrum?

Imagine an Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem arena tour next year tho.

That tour seems very possible doesn't it. I'd worry that Arcade Fire would seem very flat following LCD though, going on the live footage I've seen of them. AF were probably a more energetic live band when they toured together in 2007. 

Funeral is the best and then I really struggle to chose between the rest. Neon Bible and The Suburbs are both really good albums in the truest sense; some of the the songs don't really work that well in isolation but they both feel very complete when listened to in full, and there's nothing I want to skip on either. The Suburbs seems like it should be too long but it suits the ennui somehow and I could listen to it for hours. Neon Bible more thrilling but more grating if not in the right mood.

Reflektor doesn't have the same cohesion but I just really like most the songs, and the spirit I infer from it. Wouldn't have minded them calling it a day there, in hindsight. 

Edited by bocumaroy

5 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

That tour seems very possible doesn't it. I'd worry that Arcade Fire would seem very flat following LCD though, going on the live footage I've seen of them. AF were probably a more energetic live band when they toured together in 2007.

Arcade fire would be just fine after LCD. They were absolutely magnificent last tour 

My gf and I managed to get front and centre for them at the pyramid 2014 (3 people back from the barrier) when about 5mins before they were due to come on stage the gf appeared to be on the verge of death. She'd been feeling ropey all day and it seemed to hit her hard before one of my favourite bands were about to headline my favourite festival. Do I take her back to then tent to look after her or stay? I stayed, she was uncharacteristically understanding and assured me she wouldn't die. Not my proudest moment. But we were camping in kidney mead which was a short walk away and I kept an eye on my phone through the set, sprinted back afterwards to check on her and all was fine. She loves the band too and said it was utter torture listening to them curled up in a ball back in the tent.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

horses for courses of course but it baffles me that anybody can put Funeral anywhere other than first. absolute masterpiece of an album. modern classic

Funeral - The Suburbs - Neon Bible - Reflektor for me

like many i kind of hope they leave behind the 'party' atmosphere of Reflektor. live it was tremendous, but on the album it kind of pissed me off

Exactly this 

1 hour ago, lobo said:

My gf and I managed to get front and centre for them at the pyramid 2014 (3 people back from the barrier) when about 5mins before they were due to come on stage the gf appeared to be on the verge of death. She'd been feeling ropey all day and it seemed to hit her hard before one of my favourite bands were about to headline my favourite festival. Do I take her back to then tent to look after her or stay? I stayed, she was uncharacteristically understanding and assured me she wouldn't die. Not my proudest moment. But we were camping in kidney mead which was a short walk away and I kept an eye on my phone through the set, sprinted back afterwards to check on her and all was fine. She loves the band too and said it was utter torture listening to them curled up in a ball back in the tent.

If you didn't pop the question to her after that you're a fool, she's a keeper!:D

• Upvote 1

Funeral 

The Suburbs

Neon Bible

Reflektor

For me, Funeral is the classic. I rate Suburbs higher than Neon Bible as I enjoy the theme of the album and think it really conveys it's message, whereas Neon Bible seemed to have some real filler tracks. I've tried to love Reflektor, but it's not happened. As others have said, it's still far and away better than most other music, but it's so far from the quality of Funeral. I don't know why they felt the need to make a double album.  

7 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Funeral

Neon Bible

Reflektor

Suburbs

Sorry guys, Suburbs doesn't do much for me at all. Apart from Sprawl II which is magnificent and should be played at every gig they do ever.

If only they would do it properly - I.e. turn the synths up a massive amount.  I know they want to give a live experience, by playing all their instruments, but the mix ruins the song for me. I'd happily listen to that song with just Régine and the synth line, the rest is filler, but unfortunately you can barely hear the synthesizer. 

6 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Funeral

Neon Bible

The Suburbs

Reflektor

Hopefully that trend doesn't continue on the next album :lol:

after having given all their albums a listen over the last couple of days i think i've changed my mind to this - Neon Bible coming off a lot better than i remember and The Suburbs not quite as amazing as i remember. still great, but Neon Bible is winning it for me at the moment

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

When was the last time half of you schmucks even listened to Neon Bible?

i think the problem with Neon Bible was always that it wasn't Funeral 2, which is why it seems to get forgotten about a lot (which i've been guilty of up until recently). by the time The Suburbs had come out people had made their peace with the fact that the band who made Funeral was gone and so were ready to embrace what came next. it's a great album, and even the songs i'd always considered filler (The Well & the Lighthouse and Windowsill) are sounding ace