ghandi

Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

On 04/10/2017 at 10:17 AM, dirty_dog said:

yeah couldn't make it out myself

He said Washington get off your knees we need your help 

Yeah had really started to lose interest the last couple of seasons but this new’un has been a hum dinger so far. Hope it continues throughout.

On 17/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, MattDavies__ said:

I just watched last weeks and enjoyed Beck's song but he seemed to be relying very heavily on the backing singers. Was a bit odd 

Not sure which song you mean but he barely seemed present, you’re right. Didn’t think much to him nor Annie, and Plant’s new songs are a bit crap.

Was a better show this week but particularly vv impressed with Wolf Alice and the boys. Songs off the new album sound decent live. 

Noel’s new tunes are a bit different and I wasn’t too sure to begin with but I do really like the new style. Noticed a woman playing the scissors in the background towards the end of the second song! Not seen that done before and don’t think it will catch on

On 16/10/2014 at 11:12 PM, salvador wali said:

How did "UB40" get away with playing Bearded Theory as "UB40" but on the BBC it's only Ali?

Stumbled across the bbc4 documentary on the ub40 split last night.

Fair airing for both sides I thought. Really sad that they all seem to have blown everything on the legal fees. Ali not attending his Dads funeral a particular low point.

Sad stuff. Based on nothing other than last nights programme I’d say Ali is in the wrong but his brothers and the rest of the original band who’ve split with Ali are on a pointless and bitter road to nowhere :-(

17 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

the rest of the original band who’ve split with Ali

it's the other way round. Ali split with them

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's the other way round. Ali split with them

Aye. Sorry :-) 

Didnt explain that very well.

Hi all, a mate has managed to bag a couple of tickets for next Tuesdays Later with Jools show. Only problem is I have a funeral that afternoon and will be coming from Norfolk so have a fair drive to get to Maidstone

Anyone know what (the latest) time you need to get there to still get in? I know they release more than the capacity due to  expected no showers so youre not guaranteed to get in if more people turn up than they expect -  they advise to get there early. Any idea what time you can still get in?

Ta!

When I went around 5 years ago I was there all day as a guest of one of the sound techs. 

They were rehashing cameras, lights, scripts etc right until the very last minute. 

Then the doors finally opened at 8pm and everyone rushed into place. The hour long show was prerecorded in one take between 8.45and 9.45. 

Then the live show at 10.00 to 10.30

Retakes for the recorded show followed and they finally quit around 11.45 before stripping the set etc. Dexys played one song 3 times for some reason  

Bu the way, in those days when recorded in London there the audience looked like 80%public and 20% BBC staff (judging by their media suits and BBC lanyards)!

I assume if you’re late you can slip into the back row when the cameras are all pointing the other way  

It was a pretty relaxed studio. 

Funfact, I only took one photo whilst there. It was me sitting on the football focus sofa in the next door studio. (I hate football)

After thought......  If your mate is going separately they may be able to save you a space with the door staff. 

Boy Azooga, Gwenno, and the Manics on next week according to Boy Azooga's Twitter.

Thanks for the replies, the tickets say gig starts at 8 so wondered what the latest time it would be safe to arrive and still get in, is 7 too late?

None of the acts excite me particularly, i have always just wanted to go and see how it all works having watched it on the box for so many years. The line up is on the later with Jools bbc site as well now

Baffles me there's people out there that prefer Snow Patrol to Shame.

Pretty rubbish show tonight, Plan B bot really achieving what he's setting out for and that Mama, You've Been On My Mind cover didn't work for me. I did like Jade Bird and think Shame keep getting better after I wrote them off a year ago (my bad).

Seen Shame twice now , and so glad they got the exposure on Jools.. and they absolutely smashed it. Would love to see them in the JP or SE corner next year 

Just caught Boy Azooga on tonight’s live show. Really like the sound of their 3 released tunes so interested to hear the rest of their album next month. Sounded good live and think their shows will be good fun. £8 a ticket can’t complain