Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Nice to see the old girl.. Sounds good even after all these years.. Fair play Blondie. Future islands.. Lol is he trying to be jack black lol... Mad if you like me hadn't seen the geezer you wouldn't think that was how he would look.. Enjoyed that.. 

London grammar.. Ferr fer ( means beautiful ) nice voice think they'll be great at glasto in the sun.. There a song on there album which I think could be contender for the tune of Glastonbury this year I'll find it later.. 

OB.. I like old grandad sat down playing the bass..... Bongos.. Can't stand em even when played properly... Not for me 

Maybe... Is that lyrics she's got on her hand lol..nope 

B and M..... Talented but not my cuppa tea. The black Chad Smith 

Cool show.. Until he started yakking 

Blondie..... And her old rockers.. It's nice to hear older artist adapt older songs to fit there voices instead of trying to make the song sound as it use to and ruin it.. Go girl..... Isn't one of the band her husband.....??. 

Might watch Fridays show.. 

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

Blondie were superb on the other, loved them. So many hits. 

Yes they were great in the moment, but watching it back later didn't seem quite as good. But they were first on after the secret openers, so I'd be surprised (and pleased tbh) if they were the secret Other Openers this year

I was in the pub and it was on, but no sound. Stupid local weatherspoons! Who were the baobab band? Saw the name and thought they looked ace. But obviously didn't hear them.

Debbie Harry looked like she was having fun, how did they sound?

18 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

In the past couple of weeks, Future islands have elevated themselves a few levels in my book from the "slightly intrigued" to the "I sure hope they don't clash with anyone". Their performance on Jools has kept up this momentum; cracking.

I watched it back and it didn't do the live performance justice! Was so so good

23 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

London grammar.. Ferr fer ( means beautiful ) nice voice think they'll be great at glasto in the sun.. There a song on there album which I think could be contender for the tune of Glastonbury this year I'll find it later.. 

I think you might be thinking of Strong, its a really stunning song. I think that will be this years BBC Glasto song, I think they will be the band of the summer. Beautiful vocals

29 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I think you might be thinking of Strong, its a really stunning song. I think that will be this years BBC Glasto song, I think they will be the band of the summer. Beautiful vocals

Actually I was thinking of Hey you but that's a strong contender.. 

Had an early night last night, so will be watching Friday's later tonight. 

More excitingly just found out the guests for the recording I have tickets to on the 16th, Paul Weller, Alt-J, Little Dragon, Dave, Maggie Rogers and Naturally 7.

BEYOND HAPPY!

2 hours ago, mikegday said:

Had an early night last night, so will be watching Friday's later tonight. 

More excitingly just found out the guests for the recording I have tickets to on the 16th, Paul Weller, Alt-J, Little Dragon, Dave, Maggie Rogers and Naturally 7.

BEYOND HAPPY!

Ah very nice! I've got tickets again for the 23rd so excited to see what I'll get for that! 

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

So I just thought I'd look how you get tickets and found out it's in Maidstone!! (Like 10 mins from me). How did I not know this. 

Anyway.... ticket applications have closed dammit

I live really close too and didn't realise until a few years ago it was filmed there! Worth going if you can apply for next season

Well I'm 90% sure you've got Lorde on 23rd. 

On the press release before the series started the only two remaining that were mentioned are Lorde and XX. With only two more shows left, 23rd and 30th. 

XX are on tour in n.America until 27th. With a gig in Canada on the 23rd. So that's them booked in for the 30th definitely. 

Lorde is performing at radio1 big weekend Saturday 27th May.

The 10% doubt is because it's possible that Lorde and XX are both on the 30th, but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Edited by mikegday

7 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Well I'm 90% sure you've got Lorde on 23rd. 

On the press release before the series started the only two remaining that were mentioned are Lorde and XX. With only two more shows left, 23rd and 30th. 

XX are on tour in n.America until 27th. With a gig in Canada on the 23rd. So that's them booked in for the 30th definitely. 

Lorde is performing at radio1 big weekend Saturday 27th May.

The 10% doubt is because it's possible that Lorde and XX are both on the 30th, but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Ah that's cool! Lorde should be good! 

First band. Not my cuppa tea but jools had fun playing with his keys. 

10 cc... Sounds old. Must be skint 

Something sound machine..... Bloody hell she's giving it some can't understand a word lol. Nope 

Blarrrr blar blar shut it jools 

Sigrid.. Nice not clear enough to get into my head.. Bit strange.. Sort of a yes and a no. 

Well done mum 

Japwhatever.. What is it with these two people bands nowadays.. The only ones to do it properly was white stripes imo.. Na 

Good night josaphine. 

Joan shelly... Nice but to slow to night.. Best tonight tho 

Bloke that started.... Fucking jools on the keys.. I bet he writes a Xmas book.. Jools and the people I've played with...... Twat.. 

Nope.. The backing singers did all the singing.. I'll not be watching Fridays show especially after 10 ccs County jail in a squeaky voice 

By. G