Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

18 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Managed to bag myself tickets for next week. Can't wait!!! 

Oh good going, I always fail at that! (It's the price I pay for managing to get Glasto tickets). 

He seems to have such a great line-up this series, most of whom are appearing at Glasto this year!

2 minutes ago, billum said:

Oh good going, I always fail at that! (It's the price I pay for managing to get Glasto tickets). 

He seems to have such a great line-up this series, most of whom are appearing at Glasto this year!

I live close to where it's filmed so I don't know if that helps. Blondie, future islands and London grammar next week I think 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

I live close to where it's filmed so I don't know if that helps. Blondie, future islands and London grammar next week I think 

It is a bit of a trek to get to now it's in darkest Maidenhead. But hey, again, what a great line-up!! (two out of three confirmed for this year)

O is it tonight.. Lol 

I've entered for tickets to go to the show....... Not for me but for my son.. He can't stand jools either but at least he'll go.. 

Hang on I did miss it.. Shit that means I'll have to wait for Friday.. Cheers 

Edited by guypjfreak

9 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

Is the Friday just a longer version of the one earlier in the week or different show same acts different songs?

Just longer drivel from jools I'm afraid.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

15 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

Is the Friday just a longer version of the one earlier in the week or different show same acts different songs?

Yes and no.

Tuesday is live. Friday is a longer pre-recorded show (recorded before or after the live show), with the bigger acts performing more than one song.

It does mean the acts will perform the same song twice, one during the live show and again for the pre-recorded. However they sometimes/often(not sure) use the live show version in the friday show if they think it was better.

(someone will probably come and correct me on all of this, but thats what I was told by Declan Mckenna's brother who was there for his filming)

Edited by mjsell

There's a very interesting (and quite techy) article about it all here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/making-later-jools-holland

But it states: "The Friday show is actually recorded 'as live' in one continuous take on the Tuesday evening — it's very rare that the recording has to be stopped for retakes — and it is edited to length on Wednesday. Post-production is minimal and there is no remixing. With all the bands fully warmed up and buzzing after the long 'as live' recording, they then perform again — sometimes repeating the same songs and sometimes performing different songs — for the shorter live broadcast."

Bloody jools 

Looks shit on information anyway.. 

Beth.. Fucking hell she's a big girl... Looks like a gospel singer in that robe.............. Rock gossip.. She's got some movves tho a bit different to what she used to do .. Nooope 

Ah jk can't make it.. Unlucky.. Who the fucks jk.. 

Robert C. Very smooth. But Nooope.. Bad song for Glastonbury Init.. He might not care if it rains but I bet he would if he had to camp in it for a week.. 

Amazon's...... Rock, hair, and some ahhs.. Nooope it's missing something thing sounds a bit like a band working from a garage....needs more power...  They'll go far.. 

Shut it jools 

Ok Wtf strange 

Jain....... I'd watch this.. Bjork with out the screaming....... I love Bjork............ This would be nice in the sun with all the girls giving it a bit of a boogie.. Those other singers are a tab scary lol... Yeeeeep nice.. Best so far 

Fucking hell here we go.. Didn't die of his cold did he... No DARLING.... Bloody hell what a load of b......ks....... Move on girl.. Well done for putting up with him. 

Lp.... Now this bird has written for every one literally everyone... Kind of like this... Apart from the whistling...... Oh and that screaming.. Good song may check out her new album. 

Oooo she's back 

It's likes she's calmed down.. Marriage does that you know... Still a no I'm afraid.. Better than the other one tho. 

Robert C.. There you go he can't help himself... Tis MY show I MUST play the piano.. 

I think old Robert should pull his mike up.. Nice guitar work tho.. This would be OK if jools wasn't playing..... Nice sitting in the sun with a drink and friends.. 

Bloody hell spit it out. 

Eivor.. Put some music behind her and you have a bit of clannad only in a purer form.. Like it but I don't like just drum.. Soz.. Nice till near the end...... 

Amozons... Nooope not liking this.. Needs power. 

The thing about drums I can't stand is when there all sat around a fire banging away.. It all turns into a sort of noise with no tune it just annoying... I can't stand it when hippies like me feel the need to sit with a bongo and bang it.. Lol. Soz on with the show. 

Lp... She looks like a female Prince with a bit of I don't know what ...... A bit strange this one but no whistles.. Yea not bad.. 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

Well Init fucking not a bad show and he has to go and ruin it........ My show my show must bang keys and sound shit with a stupid smile on my face.. What's stevie doing on the drums.. Shit 

Jain.. Using a loop thingymebob.. Preferred the first tune.. There's your bongos old son but he knows Wot he's doing.. Still don't like them.. Funky tune.. Nice

Robert again.. Off for a piss 

Beth.. That's more like it girl give it some wellie I think this suits her better than the other two tunes imo 

Jain takes it this week on a sunny day.. Lp keep writing songs your to scary to be on stage. Robert lift the bloody mike up.. Beth great stuff. Amozons will get better with age.. Faro girl nice. Jools piss off 

Not a bad show.. No Glastonbury players tonight was there..?? 

G

2 minutes ago, General Lee said:

The Future Islands singer is verging on becoming a parody of himself. They're ok though. 

I know what you mean but it works. A bit like Ian Curtis or Iggy Pop or Mick Jagger who danced/performed in a very iconic and specific manner. Adds to the appeal, the dad dancing by someone who does look like a dad who's let himself go but don't give a fook. Musics not bad too.