Lorde

jyoung

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Shes in high demand at all the major festivals across the world, loads of hype, again, across the world, about her new album

Sorry, but she is 

2ABD11997C1F7D26C295EA1670AD8677.jpg

16796981_10154553024778732_9700028040489

wertcher-520x300.png

I can agree that she'll be higher than some of these slots and that her album will be more successful here this time but let's not get carried away, she's clearly not evenly favoured worldwide.

You could argue that the fact she is playing a wide variety of festivals worldwide that cover many different genres proves that she is in high demand, regardless of what position she takes on each bill.

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 1

So pleased about this, was really hoping she would be on the lineup.  Poster makes her look like an Other sub which seems about right.  Album's not out until the week before Glastonbury so hard to gauge how successful it will be at this stage.

Her Saturday Night Live performance of Liability is absolutely mesmerising and I will be keeping my sunglasses on for that one so as not to make a fool of myself.

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

So pleased about this, was really hoping she would be on the lineup.  Poster makes her look like an Other sub which seems about right.  Album's not out until the week before Glastonbury so hard to gauge how successful it will be at this stage.

Her Saturday Night Live performance of Liability is absolutely mesmerising and I will be keeping my sunglasses on for that one so as not to make a fool of myself.

The one time of the weekend I won't be mad at rain so nobody can see me weep.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Shes in high demand at all the major festivals across the world, loads of hype, again, across the world, about her new album

Sorry, but she is 

52 minutes ago, jyoung said:

To be fair, she definitely is. Plenty of reasons to suggest she is but when push comes to shove she is 20 years old and has over a billion streams on Spotify. Hard to argue with that.

I don't think she is, she's subbing in America, she won't be subbing at Glastonbury and she won't be subbing in Europe either, RW for example has Bonobo playing higher than her in the same venue. I'm not saying she isn't a recognizable artist but global I think refers to a bit more than what she is atm. I thought Green Light was shit also tbf.

• 4 weeks later...

somebody tell me she wont clash with or play anywhere near radioheads set. A must see for me. Preferably headlining a stage on Saturday. is she big enough for that? Id like to see her on JP as i think it will sound great in there.

She also has great choice in covers in her sets.

11 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

somebody tell me she wont clash with or play anywhere near radioheads set. A must see for me. Preferably headlining a stage on Saturday. is she big enough for that? Id like to see her on JP as i think it will sound great in there.

She also has great choice in covers in her sets.

Think most people are currently in agreement/predicting that she's gonna sub the Other Stage one night, although I don't think we have any indication of what night. Very much hoping to catch her so hope she isn't involved in some shitty clash (which there's always a big risk of at the top end of the lineup),

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think most people are currently in agreement/predicting that she's gonna sub the Other Stage one night, although I don't think we have any indication of what night. Very much hoping to catch her so hope she isn't involved in some shitty clash (which there's always a big risk of at the top end of the lineup),

If she's on Friday and subbing Other there is no way I'm going to be able to catch her if I fancied it tbh.

Me too. She's going to be top tier of bands I want to see this year (I don't really do must see's as I feel I've let myself down if I end up otherwise occupied).

Stumbled across Aine Cahill on the BSR Spotify playlist today - she's on the Avalon and in places has a similar sound. Might be a few people here that would want to check her out.

Her Coachella set was even better than I'd expected.  It was a headliner-worthy performance.  I hope she brings that glass box to the farm!

If she's Other sub and clashing with The xx though, there's going to be a bit of an argument with my girlfriend and so I hope that's not the case!