Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I quite like the BBC introducing stage altho like someone said it seems a bit out of sorts in SH, which according to the GF website Malcolm supports live bands and not as many DJs. For me, that sounds like it doesn't really know what it wants to be - suffering from a kind of identity crisis. Is it furthering the Dance Village and showcasing a shit ton of great dance music, or is it just a big mix of everything? If it's the latter, that's one of the reasons it seems to be not a favourite among many people

the "Dance Village"/Silver Hayes is barely a place for showcasing dance music anymore anyway. most of the bigger DJs are in Beat Hotel/Stonebridge/SE Corner.
Sonic/Wow have all sorts of mix of things on them these days, most notably grime, and the Gully/Blues have always been a mixed bag, with plenty of reggae type stuff. BBC Introducing is often acoustic singer-songwriters, but plenty of other styles, and the Pussy Parlure is the same, all sorts.

I love my dance music, but I rarely go to SH as Sonic is shit (and has increasingly less dance acts), Wow is far too small for a lot of the acts they put on there, and Gully/Blues/Pussy Parlure only intermittently have house/techno acts on.

unfortunately a lot of the well-known DJs tend to be down in the SE corner now, which hugely adds to the congestion there after dark.

if they could scrap the current Sonic tent for a normal type one which could hold several thousand (something the size of the Acoustic tent), they could presumably go until 3am like the Wow tent beside it, rather than finish around midnight, which is presumably because of the noise tht spills out due to having a completely open layout.

they could then have some of the bigger name DJs in there late, taking them away from the SE corner and reducing the footfall down there, and actually giving a bit more character to SH, which is kind of dead after midnight with both Sonic and The Gully closed.

3 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah, fair play, it's tight, but Merago did just enough to inch it and set a good benchmark. I'm salivating at Franky's reaction. Could be a couple of stellar 13:00 posts coming up. All eyes on Franky

Sorry got caught up with work and missed the bloody excitement lol

14 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Sorry if this has been answered Neil, but what was the news on Damian Marley? I would have loved it to happen.

there's no news, tho today's announcement putting Shaggy not on West Holts means there's definitely at-least-one more reggae act to be announced for West Holts.

And Damian Marley is still free on Sunday, and we can't work out who's headlining Sunday. It might still happen (tho Damian's schedule does make it seem unlikely).

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if there was any news - Neil just really wants him to play.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no news, tho today's announcement putting Shaggy not on West Holts means there's definitely at-least-one more reggae act to be announced for West Holts.

And Damian Marley is still free on Sunday, and we can't work out who's headlining Sunday. It might still happen (tho Damian's schedule does make it seem unlikely).

Cheers for filling me in, let's hope so! Do you have any other ideas?

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I thought it was just assumed that Justice were headlining the Sunday?  Or are we still genuinely considering them as an Other sub?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Soulwax > Justice would be ideal for me on WH to close the festival. 

Moderat > Justice please.

I like Damian Marley but I have seen him before and wouldnt want to see him if he was headlining Sunday. If he was, then I'm back in trouble for a headliner.