Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

With Wiley and BBK believed to be playing, could the headliner of the other stage be Eskimo Dance vs BBK? It'd be stupid in my opinion but would mean Wiley would still be technically headlining the Other stage?

Would anyone at the festival have a clue what Eskimo Dance is?

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Would anyone at the festival have a clue what Eskimo Dance is?

I'm going and I know what it is. It's Wiley's event thing where he and a load of grime acts play the same show - doing Wembley Arena this year.

And you were on about being such a big fan. Your mask is slipping - your Muse is showing!

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm going and I know what it is. It's Wiley's event thing where he and a load of grime acts play the same show - doing Wembley Arena this year.

And you were on about being such a big fan. Your mask is slipping - your Muse is showing!

I've never listened to a Wiley album until this year, I've no idea what Eskimo Dance is. I went through my prediction and named the acts I'd want to see in response to someone asking me which acts I think aren't horrendous. Are you happy with this clarification?

Wembley Arena is a big show tho. Surprised I haven't heard them mentioned before, even on this forum.

Edit: Just looked at the poster for the show and I've only heard of three of the artists (including Wiley) outside of features on his/Stormzy's albums this year.

Edited by Will-2609

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I've never listened to a Wiley album until this year, I've no idea what Eskimo Dance is. I went through my prediction and named the acts I'd want to see in response to someone asking me which acts I think aren't horrendous. Are you happy with this clarification?

Wembley Arena is a big show tho. Surprised I haven't heard them mentioned before, even on this forum.

Edit: Just looked at the poster for the show and I've only heard of three of the artists (including Wiley) outside of features on his/Stormzy's albums this year.

S'alright pal. Was only muckin' around with yer. 

It's not always the same group of artists tho - JME and Skepta have played it before. But yeah a group of acts spearheaded by Wiley aren't gonna be topping Other Stage and if Boy Better Know puzzles people around here then there's not much hope that many at Glastonbury would be aware what the Eskimo Dance club nights are.

Much like most others at this point, I think it'll just be Wiley on his own on the Other Stage at some time during the day.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's not always the same group of artists tho - JME and Skepta have played it before. But yeah a group of acts spearheaded by Wiley aren't gonna be topping Other Stage and if Boy Better Know puzzles people around here then there's not much hope that many at Glastonbury would be aware what the Eskimo Dance club nights are.

Much like most others at this point, I think it'll just be Wiley on his own on the Other Stage at some time during the day.

I was attempting to put 2 and 2 together and ended up making 5! Yeah, it's not exactly water-tight logic but thought it might be a shout.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

:lol: I thought you probably were but didn't know if it was like when thetime threw a paddy in 2013 over some kids getting into NIN and other bands through eFests and going on like they're massive fans.

Aye fair. Wiley's constant tweets about Glastonbury recently do make me think that maybe they've performed a gesture that's really impressed him (such as offering BBK an Other headline spot), but I'm not gonna think about it too much (I inevitably will). Just wouldn't be surprised if when the lineup arrives we see something that makes us realise why Wiley has been so complimentary about the festival recently. It could even be down to this rumoured hip-hop/grime day on the Other Stage, with them giving him and few of his contemporaries decent slots on the second stage to showcase their stuff on a larger stage than usual.

Edited by Will-2609

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

:lol: I thought you probably were but didn't know if it was like when thetime threw a paddy in 2013 over some kids getting into NIN and other bands through eFests and going on like they're massive fans.

Aye fair. Wiley's constant tweets about Glastonbury recently do make me think that maybe they've performed a gesture that's really impressed him (such as offering BBK an Other headline spot), but I'm not gonna think about it too much (I inevitably will). Just wouldn't be surprised if when the lineup arrives we see something that makes us realise why Wiley has been so complimentary about the festival recently. It could even be down to this rumoured hip-hop/grime day on the Other Stage, with them giving him and few of his contemporaries decent slots on the second stage to showcase their stuff on a larger stage than usual.

Nah I'm in a similar boat to everyone else. Liked grime years ago but only really got back into it when it got cool again.

I think he'd be pleased with any slot on the Other though when you think he was supposed to be playing an afternoon slot on Sonic when he had his strop. It doesn't really seem like something Glastonbury would do to lend a main stage run to a whole genre so I just reckon Stormzy and Wiley will play and there'll of course be a few grime acts breaking through onto other main stages and lots of smaller-scale coverage in the Silver Hayes line up.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I'm in a similar boat to everyone else. Liked grime years ago but only really got back into it when it got cool again.

I think he'd be pleased with any slot on the Other though when you think he was supposed to be playing an afternoon slot on Sonic when he had his strop. It doesn't really seem like something Glastonbury would do to lend a main stage run to a whole genre so I just reckon Stormzy and Wiley will play and there'll of course be a few grime acts breaking through onto other main stages and lots of smaller-scale coverage in the Silver Hayes line up.

Ah I never listened to grime whatsoever in the past. The last time I heard much about it before its recent resurgence was when I was in my 14 year old "guitar music is real music" stage.

Hmm I guess so. He does seem to be getting pretty naff slots at other festivals such as Wireless so you're probably right. I thought he was probably a bigger booking right now than those slots suggest but maybe said grime resurgence isn't as big a thing in the mainstream as I thought. I wasn't thinking of a full run of grime on the stage, just maybe 4 or 5 acts sprinkled through the day (although I can't think of any outside of BBK, Stormzy and Wiley who they could stick on there, so again I'm mostly likely off the money there).

8 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The new End of the Road announcement has a few I would love to see at Glastonbury, although far too late in the summer to really read anything into it, in fact most of the line up marries up quite nicely to my current iTunes listening habits.

I got to be honest, i'm properly made up with that announcement. I really love Bill Callahan/Smog, but i've never seen him live before. Also, i'm intrigued to see the Moonlandingz, i'm a fan of FWF, and eccentronic research council made one of my favourite records ever, so looking forward to that too. Mind, i presume the moonlandingz will be at Glasto too.

Just now, Mardy said:

I got to be honest, i'm properly made up with that announcement. I really love Bill Callahan/Smog, but i've never seen him live before. Also, i'm intrigued to see the Moonlandingz, i'm a fan of FWF, and eccentronic research council made one of my favourite records ever, so looking forward to that too. Mind, i presume the moonlandingz will be at Glasto too.

They just got announced for Truck in July so seems they're spending the summer in England

2 hours ago, nodolphie said:

Here's someone touring in 2017 but not Glastonbury weekend.  Jarvis Cocker with 'Chilly Gonzales' a pianist.

Dates in March, April, July and Sept.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/508153-jarvis-cocker/calendar

Ooohh, I'd love to see Chilly Gonzalez on the farm, with or without Jarvis (who, let's be honest, will almost certainly be there)

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ed is no. 1 for the rest of the year mate. Music is cancelled.

:( innit. My first thought was 'that's been tactically timed to manage one week at number one before Divide inevitably sells another million post-Glastonbury headline slot' but yeah probably optimistic on my part that.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Probably nowt to do with Glastonbury but couldn't think of a relevant thread, any chance of these being Europe dates?

WHATTTT.PNG

I actually have some vague hope this could be some form of European tour. And that's from someone who saw them at their last UK show almost ten years ago and has been completely and utterly disillusioned with their pathetic touring schedules.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Last I saw Moonlandingz Lias spent the entire time before the gig watching the supports, downing buckfast and chatting to everyone - They were also great live! Fully expecting a 4am Hell stage slot.

10 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The new End of the Road announcement has a few I would love to see at Glastonbury, although far too late in the summer to really read anything into it, in fact most of the line up marries up quite nicely to my current iTunes listening habits.

Including Blanck Mass who seems to be putting it about a bit to the degree that if he now fails to materialise at Glastonbury this year I will be flippin' livid!

Ben