GlastoMap - new version

cerv

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd say around 19:30 on Saturday so?

that big crowd at the Other is presumably for The 1975.

the crowds for Tame Impala and afterwards waiting for Adele were bigger than the photo, so must have been before them at least.

It was sunny for The Last Shadow Puppets so that would fit.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good work on the map front. Looks and works great. 

A question for those that were there this year, how did the position of the JP tent work? Did you have to go through The Wood to get to it? From the map there seems very little room to enter/leave. 

Also, apologies if this is seen to hijack a thread, didn't seem to warrant its own one. 

You could wander through the wood to get to the JP, there was a lovely little bar there and various nice installations of straw badgers, lit-up globes and other delights with loads of wooden seating - it was a great little spot. 

Theres a big path heading from opposite the Beat Hotel that went straight up to the JP as well but that wasn't a tenth as romantic as the wood route! 

Noticeably much busier in Darble/Pylon this year. They've been getting more busy year on year as people cotton on to their advantages, and looking at the picture it looks like they no longer have loads of space in them throughout the weekend. 

@cerv Don't suppose you still have last years picture up anywhere for comparison?

4 minutes ago, musky said:

Noticeably much busier in Darble/Pylon this year. They've been getting more busy year on year as people cotton on to their advantages, and looking at the picture it looks like they no longer have loads of space in them throughout the weekend. 

@cerv Don't suppose you still have last years picture up anywhere for comparison?

I arrived on Thursday but my group arrived Wednesday, they said Darble was just a no-go due to the ground conditions. I think most people continued onwards and pitched further down. By the time I got there Darble had loads of space and had dried out perfectly.

It did fill up throughout the weekend but id definitely said there was loads more space to be had than there was even just a couple of fields over.

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

May have to check it out in 2017 it looks pretty secluded and I'm definitely a fan of the 'chilling when at the tents-party over the rest of the site' way of doing things......and look! Actual grass! 

I dunno, looking at it on the map it looks like a single entrance at the south-eastern corner of that patch (at least that's the only likely entrance point I can see). Given the number of people camped in Baileys and actually along that line of trees I reckon it must be controlled access.  There's no way a patch like that could just go unnoticed, surely?

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

On the site map, it's not marked as a crew field or anything like that. Maybe it's just a bit out of the way, so not that many people noticed it? 

It's definitely marked down as public camping on the official map. It's obviously well screened off with trees and bushes right round.

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's definitely marked down as public camping on the official map. It's obviously well screened off with trees and bushes right round.

Good spot, I stand corrected!

Either well hidden or actually a lot boggier than it looks maybe.  Either way might make a line for that spot next year!

2 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

interesting, what is `back house` just north of baileys campsite? is that staff camping or is it open to public? looks like barely anyone there is all compared to rest of the site......this is where I mean look for the marker 

https://goo.gl/xiUVMa

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

On the site map, it's not marked as a crew field or anything like that. Maybe it's just a bit out of the way, so not that many people noticed it? 

After that map, Back House isn't going to be that sparse next year! That lovely green grass....

17 minutes ago, Keithy said:

After that map, Back House isn't going to be that sparse next year! That lovely green grass....

That looks like pretty much the only camping field that actually was sparse. Even Wicket family field was far more full than last year when we camped there. I know they changed a few bits around, particularly with the move of JPT, but does anyone know if there was an overall reduction in camping space? 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

You could wander through the wood to get to the JP, there was a lovely little bar there and various nice installations of straw badgers, lit-up globes and other delights with loads of wooden seating - it was a great little spot. 

Theres a big path heading from opposite the Beat Hotel that went straight up to the JP as well but that wasn't a tenth as romantic as the wood route! 

Shh, don't tell everyone about the wood else it will be so rammed it will lose it's beauty.

38 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Looking at the map I'm not actually sure how to get in there though...

I've camped in Pylon in 2013 I think - I was going to advise someone who doesn't think they'll make it til Friday to head there, but it looks packed!  Loads of space all weekend when I was there, has it become more popular with the gate moving away, a gradual shift over the last few years, or people squeezed into there due to other fields being muddy?

Edit:  zooming in there's obviously still loads of space in Pylon, just seems a hell of a lot busier...

Edited by p.pete

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I can no longer access the glastomap.com site

All I get is this:
Anyone out there feeling clever?

Image2.jpg

Weird, no-one else has complained of this. Are you using an old PC by any chance? Like Windows XP? Any modern OS/web browser should load it OK.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Ah yes just zoomed in and have seen the route up from Beat Hotel. At first I thought Lower Mead extended to the The Wood, just seen that's not the case. 

14 minutes ago, cerv said:

Unfortunately it appears some people at the festival aren't too happy with the new map so I'm gonna have to roll it back tonight. Enjoy it while it lasts! :-(

Bigger, that's a shame. What's the issue or can't you say?