GlastoMap - new version

cerv

1 hour ago, verrymerry said:

I can't find my tent either but there were only 2 tents and we couldn't get a space together so it's not surprising really.  This is so cool though!

Trying to work out how to get from PGA to Mandala where we normally camp, we'd usually go past cyclist camping, over the road, through what is probably now crew/hospitality and down through lower mead, but I guess this won't be accessible now 

From the map on the official site and the big crew map posted here it looks like the 3 separate John Peel back stage areas will all have public acces tracked between them. So you when you pass the bottom of wicket you should be able to go straight on (where the old gates to hospitality camping were ), come out at the top of the new JP field, and then turn right before the woods. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Heather90 said:

Amazing! Thanks for all your effort

Is it possible to add a scale bar? (I have zero idea about technology so ignore me if this is really complicated) 

Scale bar now added, bottom left. Cheers for the tip @RobertProsineckisLighter

Also added a Get Link option to use instead of the main sharing options to allow you to copy/paste ant markers I know @Brave Sir Robin was after this

23 minutes ago, fur_q said:

From the map on the official site and the big crew map posted here it looks like the 3 separate John Peel back stage areas will all have public acces tracked between them. So you when you pass the bottom of wicket you should be able to go straight on (where the old gates to hospitality camping were ), come out at the top of the new JP field, and then turn right before the woods. 

Ah brilliant, thank you!

Just now, JanieM28 said:

@cerv could be a woman. Just sayin'...

Mea culpa, you have me bang to rights, a big unthinking assumption ( says the man with a wife and 3 daughters........)  :-/

2 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

had my hopes up with the appearance of Bourbon St Bar @cerv but its not at the farm anymore :(

Oh! As in you know it's not there this year or it wasn't there last year? Hard to get everything right unfortunately. I'm pretty certain I had a drink at that tent/spot last year but I have no idea what the name was

26 minutes ago, cerv said:

Scale bar now added, bottom left. Cheers for the tip @RobertProsineckisLighter

Also added a Get Link option to use instead of the main sharing options to allow you to copy/paste ant markers I know @Brave Sir Robin was after this

No problem, Was it straightforward?

7 minutes ago, cerv said:

Oh! As in you know it's not there this year or it wasn't there last year? Hard to get everything right unfortunately. I'm pretty certain I had a drink at that tent/spot last year but I have no idea what the name was

It hasn't been there for a few years now, (2011 was it's last year maybe? I'm sure someone will know for sure) which is a shame as it was a cracking venue! 

2 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

It hasn't been there for a few years now, (2011 was it's last year maybe? I'm sure someone will know for sure) which is a shame as it was a cracking venue! 

OK, so maybe wrong name but still a bar? Like I say I could have sworn I had a drink at that spot last year but could be wrong!

Just now, cerv said:

OK, so maybe wrong name but still a bar? Like I say I could have sworn I had a drink at that spot last year but could be wrong!

Yeah it's still a bar, I remember having a drink in / around there last year, it was banging out loads of old reggae tunes while I was there. I can't remember its name for the life of me however...

28 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

Yes was still a bar there - but cannae recall the name. Sorry wasn't a critism of your brilliant work.

Cool I'll keep an eye out for the name this year and no worries, I didn't read it that way at all

Just to give me an idea of scale and size etc. (as I'm struggling somewhat to get my head around it, please excuse my sheer ignorance), could someone tell me roughly how long it takes me to walk from Pylon (our chosen campsite) to say, John Peel? I might be able to gauge size and distance etc. a bit better then. 

The map looks amazing, I can't quite get my head around the sheer size though! I mean I knew it was big, but I've never seen a photo like this before! Staggering.

5 minutes ago, Caribun said:

Just to give me an idea of scale and size etc. (as I'm struggling somewhat to get my head around it, please excuse my sheer ignorance), could someone tell me roughly how long it takes me to walk from Pylon (our chosen campsite) to say, John Peel? I might be able to gauge size and distance etc. a bit better then. 

The map looks amazing, I can't quite get my head around the sheer size though! I mean I knew it was big, but I've never seen a photo like this before! Staggering.

That doesn't look so far, maybe 5-10 minutes depending on how quick you march and how easily distracted you are

If i wanted to mark of places permanently. I.e someone posts something on these boards that's i think is worth seeking out so I can open it when I get to the site and it would still be marked, what would be the best way to do it? Create a list of links?

Edit: top work by the way. Really interesting to play with

Edited by Stretlow