2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

New Los Campesinos! is obviously the best new song of the day 

Ahh so stoked to get home and listen to all of this. The gap between these two albums seems to have lasted forever

edit: and they're playing Liverpool on my birthday! Ace :D 

Edited by FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

The new XX track is different... I really wanted something more The XX (album) than In Colors... It's a nice song but I hope the whole album isn't like that.

Problem is that one of the criticisms that could be made of Coexist was it was a bit too like xx. I think they had to do something different this time around to avoid looking like one-trick ponies. In Colour was an absolutely brilliant record, if I end up with 10 'Loud Places'-esque efforts I've be a happy boy.

I'm a huge fan of that new XX track, they're live on radio 1 right now and it sounds brilliant 

The more I listen to them and think about it, the more I think they aren't going to sub headline, they've been very vocal in the past about wanting to play in darkness, I wouldn't be surprised to see them headline the other stage at all 

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm a huge fan of that new XX track, they're live on radio 1 right now and it sounds brilliant 

The more I listen to them and think about it, the more I think they aren't going to sub headline, they've been very vocal in the past about wanting to play in darkness, I wouldn't be surprised to see them headline the other stage at all 

Yeah agreed, the never felt right as a Pyramid sub for me. It's either stick or twist as far as they're concerned and I'll they they'll stick with where they were the last time. 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

see on the contrary i think the more upbeat nature of this new song only makes them more suited to sub headline. Other headliner is still a very realistic possibility, but i'd love to see them knock it out of the park on the Pyramid and it's definitely where i'm hoping they end up

new song is great i think. definitely wasn't expecting that sample to kick it and it's a great mix of both old xx and Jamie's solo record. hopefully too much of that doesn't bleed in to the whole album and they retain some of their former sound, but yeah, step in the right direction for sure imo

new Los Campesinos! is also great. so stoked to have new music from them. after never having to wait more than 2 years for something new from them this 3+ year gap between albums has seemed like it'd never end. can't wait to go see em in April