Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They mine similar emotional veins to LCD Soundsystem. The wistfulness and melancholy in their Springsteen cover encapsulates this.

Whilst I agree with you, Mr W, ironically I really don't like the Springsteen cover. But then I like <0.01% of ALL covers. I'm not sure why, but I've just never liked cover versions. Possibly because I tend to develop slightly excessively obsessed interest in bands I like. So if I see them live, I get a bit cross if they 'waste' one of the songs in the set with someone else's tune! I honestly can't bring to mind a situation whereby I would hope for a band to include a cover in their set. But then again, I'm an idiot and there are probably loads...

:)

Ben

I'd be much happier if I was seeing Chems Friday and Hot Chip Sunday. At least this way I've got an easy way into Shangri La on Friday night.

Nah, Hot Chip are DJing up at Stonebridge right after so that is the sane place to be rather than being crushed in Shangri La on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah I couldn't find them from their news piece/in the store directly!...Ace as they are £65 is a bit steep!

Every cloud has a silver lining... see you on friday guys!!

Indeed Matt! As silver linings go, this is rather great! Since the leg break, I've seen it as I'll get to see Hot Chip headline West Holts and Foo Fighters on the Pyramid next year! It helps alot!

Not sure how to do that embed tweet thingy.

But the latest hot chip tweet is brilliant.

This Dave Grohl pulling out of Glasto thing. Fabricated because they were bricking it about going up against us on Friday night. Clearly.

— Hot Chip (@Hot_Chip)

June 16, 2015

Yes I've watched the video footage of him "breaking" his "leg". How naive do they think we are? All done on computer. Like the moon landing.

— Hot Chip (@Hot_Chip)

June 16, 2015
Edited by kingcrawler

Top Night in Amsterdam on Tuesday.

Hot Chip are for all intents, a 7 piece now; you can listen to any one of them individually and isolate what they are are doing; each contributing individually to the Wall of Sound, each playing their part in making the whole manifest. Or listen to the whole thing , if you can get your head around it, there is an awful lot going on up there.

I will single out Sarah Jones again though. Each time she hits her drum kit. you know that she does so with passion, every single note. Her whole body pulsates with the underlying rhythm, while she syncopates and fills with profound creativity. I notice that she spends quite a bit of her time on stage grinning earnestly, beautifully  with a candour that can only be explained by a huge and justified confidence in her own ability.  She really is a very, very good drummer, and she knows it, but not in a bad way.

Best live band this decade, no doubt. :)

Her first drum kit:

CGNO83OWIAAjAys.jpg

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

Problem is, if they bump Flo, then the expected crowd for Foos will disperse, which means loads more people watching Hot Chip, WH will be rammed and will need to get there earlier

If Hot Chip are uncomfortably busy I might just leave it. Their recent setlists aren't doing it for me, but then I'm sure the songs I like will be amazing... oh, I don't know.

Edited by Untz