Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved it when it was released but have grown slightly less fond of it since. it's a good album, and the two singles are some of the best songs they've ever released (and Dark Night is an absolute banger) but as a whole there's something missing for me. still a toss up between their last two albums for favourite for me

Edited by FloorFiller

I really enjoyed the performance of Let me be Him. Such a brilliant song done incredibly well. Was perfect just before what was the mother of all covers!

aye i was thrilled when they started playing that - one of my favourite songs of theirs

god thinking back, that set was just perfect. haven't bucked up the courage to watch any full sets yet (just Dancing In The Dark) but when i do this will definitely be the first

aye i was thrilled when they started playing that - one of my favourite songs of theirs

I really love that they play Alley Cats at a lot of their shows, it's such a lovely track, and sound wonderful live, even if I'm the only one singing along.

You obviously weren't stood next to me last time they played Manchester.

I'll level with you, Stuart, I may have got very pished before that show, and stood with my eyes shut and arms in the air for that whole song. So, really, I couldn't see anybody else singing along, and nobody near me at Glastonbury was.

Hope they carry on with Dancing in the Dark on their autumn tour

Like a few others on here I also need tickets for Manchester hoping to find them nearer the time on twickets and if not I'll fund the tout scum as I need to go

I may go to Leeds the following night if i can't get a ticket for Albert Hall. For the prices being asked for the Manchester gig, you can get a ticket for Leeds, pay for a hotel and still have enough left over for a few beers.

Did not disappoint and still maintain after reflection dancing in the dark was the moment of my festival, incredible.

With each passing day, it's this moment that keeps shining the brightest. Our group of 4 turned around and saw another group of 4 link arms. We joined their group for a moment just to bellow the lyrics at the top of our lungs. It felt so communal and was just a wonderful moment. To borrow and slightly alter the lyrics from Busteds classic monstrosity, "Thats what I go to glasto for"

I may go to Leeds the following night if i can't get a ticket for Albert Hall. For the prices being asked for the Manchester gig, you can get a ticket for Leeds, pay for a hotel and still have enough left over for a few beers.

That's a shout actually, if you buy train tickets in advance it's like £9 return and I've got a friend living there so I've got a place to stay

That's a shout actually, if you buy train tickets in advance it's like £9 return and I've got a friend living there so I've got a place to stay

I might just drive over and stay in a hotel. We did it for The Charlatans earlier this year and had a good weekend. I do like The Albert Hall though.

Playing to a half empty tent at T in the Park by the looks of it, think I'll wait a bit and put the Glastonbury set on iPlayer instead :P

Shame they got such a small crowd but hardly unexpected given most of the people there probably won't have heard of them. Everything I've seen on the streams apart from Fatboy Slim has looked pretty quiet though.