Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter if they are not as good at their own gigs as they were at Glastonbury? Treat it as another chance to go out, listen to good tunes and enjoy yourself. You never know, they may shock you and pull off a blinder.

Fair point - do you want to pay for my ticket and £5.50 pints please?

Thinking about booking tickets for Nottingham. Anyone been to Rock City recently? Don't want to tarnish Glastonbury memories!

I went there not long ago to see the Jesus and Mary Chain. Really good venue, good sight lines and it's better than most academies IMO.

Maybe if you'd have said you didn't want to go because of the price of the ticket and pints.

It's a complicated system I use based on how much I think something is worth doing and how much it will cost me financially. I'll try and explain further later.

However, I will say that if the concert was free to get into and they were giving out free drinks, my concern about how much I would enjoy the gig would be alleviated somewhat.

It's a complicated system I use based on how much I think something is worth doing and how much it will cost me financially. I'll try and explain further later.

However, I will say that if the concert was free to get into and they were giving out free drinks, my concern about how much I would enjoy the gig would be alleviated somewhat.

So if Hot Chip played a free gig, with a free bar, you would still be weighing up whether or not you should go?  Wow...

You don't seem to be much of a music fan...

Oh. Thanks for the insight.

Just found your above comment rather bizarre. If you're worried about the cost of a pint in a venue, drink six cans of Special Brew or Tennent's Super outside before the gig. That'll only cost you a fiver. The price of beer at a venue shouldn't have any reflection whatsoever on the quality of a gig by a fucking great band.

Just found your above comment rather bizarre. If you're worried about the cost of a pint in a venue, drink six cans of Special Brew or Tennent's Super outside before the gig. That'll only cost you a fiver. The price of beer at a venue shouldn't have any reflection whatsoever on the quality of a gig by a fucking great band.

I feel really dense that it's only now dawned on me where your username is from.

This is now up on Youtube FYI (my bro suck it on my wall this morning).

(I'm going to leave the fascinating debate about whether I feel that Hot Chip quite justify the expense to me personally now - although I can set up a poll if you guys really want to have a vote over whether I should go or not!)