Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years & Years! You horrible person. My October contains Fall Out Boy, Hot Chip, Speedy Ortiz and Susanne Sundfor, it's going to be massive.

My guilty pleasure! Was me and a bunch of teenagers watching them at Latitude :)

Also trying to squeeze a Berlin trip in... Still should should book the Hot Chip tickets though shouldn't I. Probably big regrets if I don't.

My guilty pleasure! Was me and a bunch of teenagers watching them at Latitude :)

Also trying to squeeze a Berlin trip in... Still should should book the Hot Chip tickets though shouldn't I. Probably big regrets if I don't.

I am off to Berlin in November to watch New Order :-)

Hot Chip in Berlin would obviously be the dream.

I am off to Berlin in November to watch New Order :-)

That will be so good! How long are you there for. I've been meaning to get to Berlin for ages and met some amazing people from there at Glastonbury so seems the ideal chance. Only ever heard great things about the city.

That will be so good! How long are you there for. I've been meaning to get to Berlin for ages and met some amazing people from there at Glastonbury so seems the ideal chance. Only ever heard great things about the city.

I am only going for 3 days/2 nights. Have always wanted to go to Germany to see Depeche Mode, but I could not do it when they last toured.

The opportunity was to good to miss this time though with New Order, especially as they had not announced their Manchester gigs at the time.

I will get to Germany definitely though the next time Depeche Mode tour.

it makes me very happy to see that so many people considered their Glastonbury set a truly special thing. i absolutely loved it but wasn't sure if it was a genuinely brilliant performance or if it was just because i was totally off my nut. i'm sure the latter helped, but regardless of that i just can't help but think i saw something really great that night

I feel like I'm in the minority, because I enjoyed their Oval Space show way more. Though the people I went with there were also big Hot Chip fans so there was much more of a group experience, meaning more fun, for myself. At Glastonbury I very much sat back and watched (though still belting out every word). Would have liked to be down the front, mixing it up with all you lot. I even had my disco pants on.

Really glad they played the two stongest tracks from the new album and nothing else. I was worried before they played that they'd be rinsing their new album to shit.

They knew every single they played that night, would make the people just bathe in the light.

it makes me very happy to see that so many people considered their Glastonbury set a truly special thing. i absolutely loved it but wasn't sure if it was a genuinely brilliant performance or if it was just because i was totally off my nut. i'm sure the latter helped, but regardless of that i just can't help but think i saw something really great that night

Think I'm going to give Brixton a swerve as it just won't match up...

I know what you mean. I remember seeing the Thursday Brixton date a while ago. I asked the hubby if he fancied it and he asked whether we should hold out for a Friday announcement. I said they probably wouldn't add another, given that the first date didn't sell out quickly, so we got tickets for Thursday. I clearly know nothing! Pretty sure I have Rugby World Cup tickets for the 23rd anyway, so it'll be a busy couple of days...

That was my thinking too! Ah well. I can handle a hungover Friday once in a while.