Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

Problem is, if they bump Flo, then the expected crowd for Foos will disperse, which means loads more people watching Hot Chip, WH will be rammed and will need to get there earlier

i wouldnt go quite that far but it will definitely be busier for caribou and hot chip than it might have been.

i think they'll get a big act in to replace them though, not just bump florence so it shouldnt be much of an issue

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hot Chip are uncomfortably busy I might just leave it. Their recent setlists aren't doing it for me, but then I'm sure the songs I like will be amazing... oh, I don't know.

Have faith, Untz.

The Friday night WH party will be amazing. It won't be uncomfortably busy, it'll be boogietastic! And the live renditions will blow your socks off. Sarah Jones' drumming is just brilliant!

:)

Ben

although the Foos dropout was a massive blow, i'm so stoked that i can now get involved in this thread after enviously watching it for all this time. thankfully my two friends who were gonna watch the Foos with me are totally up for seeing Hot Chip (although one, for some reason, suggested Rudimental as a first option). this is gonna be awesome!

Have faith, Untz.

The Friday night WH party will be amazing. It won't be uncomfortably busy, it'll be boogietastic! And the live renditions will blow your socks off. Sarah Jones' drumming is just brilliant!

Ben

It know it can be amazing and it will definitely come down to how my tag along and I are feeling on the night. I know I won't have a bad time, but whether I'll be having the best time is something else. I think I'm going to go along because even if I'm not feeling it I can always just pop along to the SE corner or cabaret and circus tents very easily.

Hope you have a great time Ben, it'll be a great band/place for your first headliner. I can't even remember who my first Glastonbury headliner was!

Edited by Untz

It know it can be amazing and it will definitely come down to how my tag along and I are feeling on the night. I know I won't have a bad time, but whether I'll be having the best time is something else. I think I'm going to go along because even if I'm not feeling it I can always just pop along to the SE corner or cabaret and circus tents very easily.

Hope you have a great time Ben, it'll be a great band/place for your first headliner. I can't even remember who my first Glastonbury headliner was!

Thanks, Untz. You'll be unsurprised to hear that I'm struggling to keep a lid on the hysteria at the moment!

Well, if you do het to Hot Chip, and by some miracle identify me as me, introduce yourself and I'll look after you for the whole set!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

This is going be fecking awesome!

I haven;t been listening to Hot Chip recently in an attempt to convince mysellf Foof Fighters was awesome, needless to say since their drop out i've been getting more excited by the minute:D

Chic on friday in West Holts was a bit magical, I expect this to be similar!

That was just stunning. 3rd time I've seen them this year but man that blew the others away. I'm still getting shivers from it. A little bit special that was.

Edit: I had a beaming smile at one point thinking that Ben will be having a wonderful time :)

Edited by willsnewman

that was a very special gig.  to see them headlining that stage, and belonging there and owning it.. there's often a softer, vulnerable side to them, but not so much on Friday.  they were so confident, and rightly so.  it was their moment and they took it beautifully.  there was so much affection for them in the crowd, at time it bordered on rowdy - in a lovely hot chip kinda way.

and Sarah Jones' little giddy jig at the end had me beaming!

It really was a last minute descision to see them, but its one of the best I've ever made. As someone who had paid really minimal attention to their career up until that point, I came away cursing myself for not getting it years ago.

Sensational fun, and watching the Dancing in the Dark/All My Friends cover back has gotten me choked up

Probably my highlight of the weekend.

Over & Over was a real moment for me.

Amazing the difference the crowd by you can make, I went to Chem Bros last night and they were great, but the groups by me were more interested in getting out their heads or taking photos...

Probably my highlight of the weekend.

Over & Over was a real moment for me.

Amazing the difference the crowd by you can make, I went to Chem Bros last night and they were great, but the groups by me were more interested in getting out their heads or taking photos...

Hot Chip crowds are the best crowds. Scientifically proven to be more fun loving, more intelligent and better in bed than any other bands' crowds.

Edited by stuartbert two hats