Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is now up on Youtube FYI (my bro suck it on my wall this morning).

(I'm going to leave the fascinating debate about whether I feel that Hot Chip quite justify the expense to me personally now - although I can set up a poll if you guys really want to have a vote over whether I should go or not!)

Ah goosebumps...

Homer - just go to the f'ing gig will you, for all our sakes?!

After all that, I sent that link of them playing Dancing in the Dark to Mrs Homer/Marge and she replied that she wants to go and see them. She wants to go down on the night and try and get a cheapie ticket outside.

Well, there you have it folks: A massive compromise of a situation which sorts nothing out at all really. Tune back in in two months to see how it pans out! (If I get in, I'll clarify how much a pint is too!)

After all that, I sent that link of them playing Dancing in the Dark to Mrs Homer/Marge and she replied that she wants to go and see them. She wants to go down on the night and try and get a cheapie ticket outside.

Good stuff! As long as her hair doesn't get in the view of the stage.

(I also feel that the New Order gig the month after is overpriced (particularly with the pints being £6.50) - but you wouldn't catch me opening that can of worms here!)

That's clever from Barney. Make the southerners pay more, then come back up north to spend it all where things are cheaper.

I agree but I am going. Obviously I'm better at music. Or just you know reckless with money.

How much are they charging for London? I have paid £42 for Manchester and 38 euros for Belin.

In regards to Hot Chip, the prices for Manchester seem to be coming down a little of the tout sites which can only be good news. There are some around £60 now so hopefully a few more will show up a little cheaper.

How much are they charging for London? I have paid £42 for Manchester and 38 euros for Belin.

In regards to Hot Chip, the prices for Manchester seem to be coming down a little of the tout sites which can only be good news. There are some around £60 now so hopefully a few more will show up a little cheaper.

Best part of £50 all in. It's a lot for that venue.

I agree but I am going. Obviously I'm better at music. Or just you know reckless with money.

I obviously bow to your superiority... but I find that reunion type concerts are perfect for picking up cheap tickets. Old people are doubtless more likely to drop out at short notice and can take the hit on a ticket. I got offered a (£30) Ride ticket outside the Roundhouse for a fiver by a tramp. That was on a bank holiday Sunday night too. I stumped up £10 in order to stand from another bloke instead.

I can get to Brixton in 10 mins and the New Order gig is on a Monday night - so I fancy my chances! 

Anyone got the download for the Glastonbury set? They've replaced the one on iPlayer with a highlights montage. I've already watched it back twice (plus Dancing in the Dark several times), but it was such an incredible set!

there's a link in this thread somewhere, i used it a week or two ago.

I obviously bow to your superiority... but I find that reunion type concerts are perfect for picking up cheap tickets. Old people are doubtless more likely to drop out at short notice and can take the hit on a ticket. I got offered a (£30) Ride ticket outside the Roundhouse for a fiver by a tramp. That was on a bank holiday Sunday night too. I stumped up £10 in order to stand from another bloke instead.

I can get to Brixton in 10 mins and the New Order gig is on a Monday night - so I fancy my chances!

Yeah I think you'll be grand. It's all about holding your nerve I reckon. In my case it's a birthday present to myself as it's the day before.

I thought it was all a bit meh overall, and was a tad disappointed with them if I am honest. When they was good, they was very very good, but I don't something didn't click with me, the setlist pacing was bit odd. Very stop/start everytime I thought it had got going. Didn't really get into the crowd either, lot of dicks around I thought. Even when i went further back to avoid them.

I thought it was all a bit meh overall, and was a tad disappointed with them if I am honest. When they was good, they was very very good, but I don't something didn't click with me, the setlist pacing was bit odd. Very stop/start everytime I thought it had got going. Didn't really get into the crowd either, lot of dicks around I thought. Even when i went further back to avoid them.

Yeah that was the only downside I thought, there was a lot of dicks in the crowd, about 15 minutes in we ended up going for a Brothers and then staying around that far back and it was a lot more enjoyable