Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only date in the month of October I'm busy. The bastards

Me mam's Birthday, so would usually be the only day in October I'd be busy, but she's treated herself to a holiday this year, so any offspring duties are the weekend before or after. This might read like I'm an ungrateful child, I'm not, I love my mum. I just don't know if I love her more than Hot Chip, I don't think any good can come of us finding out.

im in leeds but tempted to go to the manchester albert hall one as its on a saturday and leeds is the day after on a sunday. really don't like sunday gigs....

Do it, the Albert Hall is great, you might even be able to get a train to Leeds afterwards. You can, however get some very nice rooms for the night at £20ish if you're smart about it. Since I moved out to the middle of nowhere, it's often a complete no-brainer to go for a hotel for the same price as taxi fare. Groupon is your friend.

Do it, the Albert Hall is great, you might even be able to get a train to Leeds afterwards. You can, however get some very nice rooms for the night at £20ish if you're smart about it. Since I moved out to the middle of nowhere, it's often a complete no-brainer to go for a hotel for the same price as taxi fare. Groupon is your friend.

yeah we often get the train back to leeds after gigs, going to laura marling tonight at the albert hall as it happens, first time there so looking forward to checking it out.

so groupon good for cheap manc hotels you say... i will check that!!

Still not sold on the new song. I like it but I don't love it. Alexis' autotuned singing just doesn't really do it for me I don't think. It may grow on me. So much love for the other two released though.

If Glastonbury clashes (or lack of) all go to plan, I will be seeing Hot Chip 4 times this year. And I'm pretty sure every time will be different and fantastic.

Was at their wee gig in Birmingham which was amazing, small, intimate with a perfect set list.

I'll be seeing them again at the Art School in Glasgow in a couple of weeks, where I expect more new material I suspect a more prepped live tour show.

Then of course Glastonbury will be INCREDIBLE and a whole other kettle of fish.

And then come October I'm taking my three younger brothers to their Barrowland show; who knows what October will be like.

SPOILT! Never too many hot chips.

Yeah don't like the autotune vocal.

Sorry to be a bit of a pedant, but that's a vocoder effect, not autotune, I think.

Autotune is what fat, ugly, unshaven men* writing and recording songs in dingy studios use to make bands like 1D sound in tune when they sing. Shit still, but in tune shit!

:)

Ben

*I have no evidence that this is true, but would like to think so, to substantiate my prejudices.

Don't know why you're so down on the track, I think it's endearing. You are correct it's not on the album, though, it will be a bonus track on the special edition, so you don't have to worry about hearing it live if you don't like it.

Just not for me that track. I do love the new album though. Dark night?? in my fave tune on it but the whole album has had my head rocking in the car.

Yeah don't like the autotune vocal.

Agree, not the best one I heard. Huarache Lights and Need You Know is fantastic though, for some reason the female vocal sample on Need You Know really does it for me. I love any band who uses samples creatively like that.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Sorry to be a bit of a pedant, but that's a vocoder effect, not autotune, I think.

Autotune is what fat, ugly, unshaven men* writing and recording songs in dingy studios use to make bands like 1D sound in tune when they sing. Shit still, but in tune shit!

:)

Ben

*I have no evidence that this is true, but would like to think so, to substantiate my prejudices.

to my ear it sounded like they used autotune. You can use autotune for fun effects other than tightening up vocal work.

I'll listen again to double check though.

Anyone up for signing a petition for them to release a version without autotune/vocoder? That aside I quite like the tune.

How did people get hold of the leaked album. i have no knowledge of such things but want to give it a listen before the oval space gig...

Anyone up for signing a petition for them to release a version without autotune/vocoder? That aside I quite like the tune.

How did people get hold of the leaked album. i have no knowledge of such things but want to give it a listen before the oval space gig...

i think it is available on certain sites but i tend to avoid them. I heard it on youtube about a month ago but was removed after a day or so.