Acoustic stage 2024

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

It's missing a big US act that I'm a shoe-in for - your Martha Wainwrights/Steve Earle's of this world but still some interesting additions.

Exactly. Last year was a lot of "could be nice" names too, but also Steve Earle. He ended up being one of my highlights of the entire festival.

Think this is the 4th/5th year on the bounce that nothing has inspired me to visit the Acoustic tent.  Maybe I'm not the grumpy old fart Mrs 4AM says I am.

9 minutes ago, angelin said:

Not as good as previous years.  Cyndi should’ve been there and not on the pyramid. 

But then the Pyramid would be even weaker than it already is. And it's already ridiculously weak.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, angelin said:

Not as good as previous years.  Cyndi should’ve been there and not on the pyramid. 

Didn't she already headline it before and people worry about popular acts in that field? 

She could go down very well on the Pyramid 

32 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

As a man in my mid 20s, I can't wait to find out which acts I currently listen to will end up in the acoustic tent in 10 years time

I would say it’s your 40s they will start to appear, I’m 43 and this is the most acts I’ve ever had an interest in seeing

The only time I’m thinking don’t miss Richard Thompson at the Acoustic and he’s not playing! 

I always find a couple of interesting acts on their line up but this time I’m seen the ones I’m really interested in. Maybe give Judy Collins a go. 

cool fact(i think)for any 90s kids out there. mark billingham on the crime writers thingy was one of the dopey guards for the king/sheriff of nottingham in the kids TV show maid marian.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Bloody hell, how did I miss Russell Crowe?  Thinking about it Albert Lee, followed by the Manfreds and then Russell Crowe might be an ok afternoon.  God, I'm old!  I wouldn't stay for Ralph McTell though, that's too far!  (though I must admit to shedding a few tears at his rendition of Streets of London in the Leftfield a few years back).

That’s right, he appeared on left field 2016 and just as we wandered in he did streets of London. Was a bit of a tear jerker right enough. Don’t think he was announced on the bill. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s right, he appeared on left field 2016 and just as we wandered in he did streets of London. Was a bit of a tear jerker right enough. Don’t think he was announced on the bill. 

Yes, I've seen him full in a few times. He filled in on one of Billy Bragg's radical round ups a few years ago, and in 2019 he filled in for someone on the Acoustic Stage. He must live close by. He fully deserves his billed spot this year! I think it's a definite thank you.

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I can see myself watching 25 minutes of The Bootlegs...they are they headlining it is a bit of a mystery....and popping to Russell Crowe just to say I've seen him. 

Yeah I traditionally go the bootlegs for a bit of Sunday afternoon macaroni and cheese and a bit of a lift. Headlining seems weird

3 hours ago, DJL said:

This puts me off a bit to be honest. I don’t mind a bit of acoustic during the day and I like OCS but I can’t picture watching an acoustic act as my Saturday night headliner

Generally speaking I prefer stripped back acoustic guitar and vocals to a big electric rig 

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It is, though them headlining against The Stones was funny.

If nothing else is on, and with the earlier finish, I might still go. Generally a fun gig.

I went to that over The Stones 🥴

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Certainly is. I’m up for a bit of 54321, Do Wah Diddy and Pretty Flamingo too.

Last setlist

The Sweet did a song called Fox on the Run, if it's the same song it's a massive banger.

Admitedly i'm not a massive OCS fan (I do like a few of their numbers though) but what a downer would an acoustic set be as a headliner? Especially if it's raining. It's exactly goona set you up for a night in NYC Downlow.

2 hours ago, Barneym said:

I would say it’s your 40s they will start to appear, I’m 43 and this is the most acts I’ve ever had an interest in seeing

Well I'm excited for The Vaccines' sub headline set in there in 2039!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

cool fact(i think)for any 90s kids out there. mark billingham on the crime writers thingy was one of the dopey guards for the king/sheriff of nottingham in the kids TV show maid marian.

Top fact

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

The Sweet did a song called Fox on the Run, if it's the same song it's a massive banger.

Admitedly i'm not a massive OCS fan (I do like a few of their numbers though) but what a downer would an acoustic set be as a headliner? Especially if it's raining. It's exactly goona set you up for a night in NYC Downlow.

Are we sure it us acoustic.  Lots of sets are not in that tent