Acoustic and Avalon stages - who is going to play ?

Mr Boo

14 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

One of them passed away just recently so i think that's probably unlikely.

Karl Wallinger left the band nearly 40 years ago so won't be a factor in current plans.

Realistically, The Waterboys is Mike Scott and whichever group of musicians he wants to play with. None of the other current members have been around long term.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Euphoricape said:

The Bluetones are doing an acoustic tour bizarrely enough so could be there. Haven't seen them since the early Supergrass tour in 1994. Was a big fan back in the day 

I saw them both on that tour too. At the Astoria 2, with Ash coming on as a secret support - it was right around the time Kung Fu came out. My mates met Jarvis at the bar, I was busy watching Ash.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I saw them both on that tour too. At the Astoria 2, with Ash coming on as a secret support - it was right around the time Kung Fu came out. My mates met Jarvis at the bar, I was busy watching Ash.

Nice, Ash were such a good band in their prime. I seen them at Southampton Joiners Arms, 3 quid on the door I seem to remember.

14 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Nice, Ash were such a good band in their prime. I seen them at Southampton Joiners Arms, 3 quid on the door I seem to remember.

I was probably at that gig. Definitely saw Ash at the Joiners in the 90's. I was too young to be there I seem to remember.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

The Astoria was such a good venue. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2024 at 12:52 PM, lendan said:

Richard Ashcroft for the Acoustic? His acoustic set at Latitude a few years ago was epic

That would be excellent. The Verve at the Pyramid is still one of my all-time best Glastonbury memories.

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, clarkete said:

Just to double check, did a search for Fatboy Heaton Abbott acoustic and it didn't turn up, if I take the stage name off it just seems to be their individual names listed in actual or potential line ups

Fatboy in the acoustic? Nah

On 3/19/2024 at 12:52 PM, lendan said:

Richard Ashcroft for the Acoustic? His acoustic set at Latitude a few years ago was epic

Way too big when it comes to Glastonbury I imagine and just don't think it would be great. The Acoustic tent isn't a great place to see someone.

15 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

The Astoria was such a good venue. 

Ben

By far the best smaller/academy venue I've beeb too.

31 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If you’re wondering what will be on the acoustic I’d look at the last 2/ 3 years and most will be there. They can be rather loyal to a fair few acts. 

Avalon 2019 and 2022. So, Oh My God.. seem to be playing Glastonbury, so quite likely I imagine. Dead South could easily slot into their tour. Also Magic Numbers and a few others.

FoA.jpg