Acoustic and Avalon stages - who is going to play ?

Mr Boo

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A couple of years ago when they headlined acoustic on the Friday night. I wasn't there but I remember it being mentioned that they'd gotten him on stage and so it was another one ticked off.

On that front though I think it would be nice if Showhawk Duo got a spot on the acoustic stage as well. They get so busy on a Thursday now that they would probably be a great opening act for the stage one day.

Wow, I was there and didn't even notice that. Looking on YouTube, but can't find the video. If anyone has one or knows which songs he came out for, let me know.

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A couple of years ago when they headlined acoustic on the Friday night. I wasn't there but I remember it being mentioned that they'd gotten him on stage and so it was another one ticked off.

On that front though I think it would be nice if Showhawk Duo got a spot on the acoustic stage as well. They get so busy on a Thursday now that they would probably be a great opening act for the stage one day.

Are you sure about this? Fatboy Slim seemed to be playing a set at Sonic at the same time Heaton and Abbott were playing acoustic 🤔

Edited by CharlotteB
According to Clashfinder

44 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I was there….right at the front and it didn’t happen.

Thanks, thought I was going mad. I was thinking "did I go to pee when that happened?" Lol

1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:

Are you sure about this? Fatboy Slim seemed to be playing a set at Sonic at the same time Heaton and Abbott were playing acoustic 🤔

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I was there….right at the front and it didn’t happen.

Weird I wonder why someone said he did it's hardly the most shocking appearance if he did but I definitely saw someone say it.

In which case Fatboy Slim on the Acoustic Stage is still needed. Maybe a collab with Showhawk Duo.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, foolee said:

Was hoping they’d be Pyramid. Way too big for Avalon these days and feel like they’ve played it before but could be wrong. They’re playing Bristol on the Thursday night so hopefully they’ll play somewhere. 

Could Busted open the Other stage?

57 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Weird I wonder why someone said he did it's hardly the most shocking appearance if he did but I definitely saw someone say it.

In which case Fatboy Slim on the Acoustic Stage is still needed. Maybe a collab with Showhawk Duo.

Just to double check, did a search for Fatboy Heaton Abbott acoustic and it didn't turn up, if I take the stage name off it just seems to be their individual names listed in actual or potential line ups

Just now, clarkete said:

Just to double check, did a search for Fatboy Heaton Abbott acoustic and it didn't turn up, if I take the stage name off it just seems to be their individual names listed in actual or potential line ups

I definitely saw it and I was sure in multiple places so may not have been on here but I remember reading it and telling Mr Gigpusher that looked like we had missed a moment unless my cheese dreams are getting so vivid I can no longer distinguish between the dreams and reality.

28 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I definitely saw it and I was sure in multiple places so may not have been on here but I remember reading it and telling Mr Gigpusher that looked like we had missed a moment unless my cheese dreams are getting so vivid I can no longer distinguish between the dreams and reality.

I've extended my search to two different search engines to no avail.  If it wasn't you, I'd blame you being a bit tipsy 😉

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've extended my search to two different search engines to no avail.  If it wasn't you, I'd blame you being a bit tipsy 😉

It looks like Fatboy's set at Sonic started just before Heaton & Abbott at Acoustic and finished at the same time. So, logistically unlikely.

Edited by CharlotteB
...unless he left a record spinning and nipped off for ten mins

I hope the Avalon have another class act from way back when, I’ve really enjoyed the likes of PP Arnold, The Zombies & Lulu there. Suzi Quatro would be fun! 

Also, the folkie Sam Lee is playing Glastonbury so I’d imagine the Avalon or the Acoustic for him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I hope the Avalon have another class act from way back when, I’ve really enjoyed the likes of PP Arnold, The Zombies & Lulu there. Suzi Quatro would be fun! 

Also, the folkie Sam Lee is playing Glastonbury so I’d imagine the Avalon or the Acoustic for him. 

Glad to see Sam Lee is playing. Last time he was in croissant neuf and he didn’t sing lovely molly, maybe this time! 

Love with Johnny Echols are touring in July so be good to see them.

Also think Grace Petrie will be at one of them as new album out this year. 

Skids are touring and free on the Sunday night. They'd be great at Avalon. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I remember loads of people talking like it could happen beforehand, maybe it just felt like it did after that.

Maybe I read it after the fact as that was the year I returned from Glastonbury with COVID and assumed someone was saying it did happen. I have never been more tired than I was after that Glastonbury so that would make sense.

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe I read it after the fact as that was the year I returned from Glastonbury with COVID and assumed someone was saying it did happen. I have never been more tired than I was after that Glastonbury so that would make sense.

A fever dream you say?  🤔

4 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

Think I posted the same on another thread but I swear Gabrielle was on every prediction I saw this year and missing from the poster. Has made me think she might pop up on Avalon stage.

Perhaps she was... Out of Reach. 

• Upvote 2