Faithless

westholtschic

41 minutes ago, Franky said:

They had to close off all ways into the band stand last year just to see Showhawk Duo, that got pretty busy, but the point is as soon as it looks like capacity they are very good at closing things off.

Not that it matters because if it's to celebrate Maxi I will be there at 11am !

It was packed at the bandstand. Crossiant Neuf tent last year was packed last year for them as well

2 hours ago, incident said:

See also: Mel C at Williams Green a couple years back.

She'd have been busy anyway given she's a spice girl

that was proper early like 4pm too, example was a tad later at least like 6-7 when theres a bit more bigger stuff on

8 hours ago, stuie said:

This isn’t just Sister Bliss on the ones and twos this time. Faithless Live is appearing at festivals over the summer including Glastonbury, Bestival and Wilderness - celebrating the life of Maxi Jazz. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/faithless-announce-return-to-the-stage-to-celebrate-maxi-jazz-at-camp-bestival-shropshire-2024-3580014

Anyone else read “celebrating the life of Maxi Jazz” and think Sister Bliss has had a big tax bill?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Anyone else read “celebrating the life of Maxi Jazz” and think Sister Bliss has had a big tax bill?

She wouldn’t be relying on a Glasto pay day if that were the case! 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:51 AM, Fred Zepplin said:

But this is a busy set with nothing else on. If the glade can take 2000 people it doesn't matter if people turn up 5 minutes before or an hour before. If 10000 people turn up an hour before there's going to be issues

Did you see example.s crowd last year... I'd never seen the glade area so rammed.. impressive 

15 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Did you see example.s crowd last year... I'd never seen the glade area so rammed.. impressive 

Ive only seen videos of it, looked rammed. I go with my kids now 4 and 6 so avoid areas I know will be busy which is basically any where with live music on Thursday now. We went up to the park mid afternoon on the Thursday and the whole area was rammed we just gave it a miss. They really could do with utilising the pyramid field somehow on the Thursday to get a few thousand people there.

8 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Ive only seen videos of it, looked rammed. I go with my kids now 4 and 6 so avoid areas I know will be busy which is basically any where with live music on Thursday now. We went up to the park mid afternoon on the Thursday and the whole area was rammed we just gave it a miss. They really could do with utilising the pyramid field somehow on the Thursday to get a few thousand people there.

they killed row mead last year,,,,,,camped there 15odd years,,,,,, I can't see them opening it again.. they'll put food stalls up the back of it and make loads of money 💰🤑...so that will be a nice place for kids etc..outside the jp stage issue nice in the afternoon and it's got a bar so we like to chill there..not got Tix for this one.. first time in 20 years lolol.. have a good one..

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

they killed row mead last year,,,,,,camped there 15odd years,,,,,, I can't see them opening it again.. they'll put food stalls up the back of it and make loads of money 💰🤑

Not sure they will.

Firstly because they installed a new (permanent) path along the top of Row Mead, which for me shows intent to use (and keep) it as a much needed extra access/egress route (which they also need to better link to the path going through The Woods, but I'm sure they realise that). But also because I think that if they did want to add stalls, there's a better location - taking space out of Big Ground and/or Kidney Mead would be the first place they'd call upon.

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

they killed row mead last year,,,,,,camped there 15odd years,,,,,, I can't see them opening it again.. they'll put food stalls up the back of it and make loads of money 💰🤑...so that will be a nice place for kids etc..outside the jp stage issue nice in the afternoon and it's got a bar so we like to chill there..not got Tix for this one.. first time in 20 years lolol.. have a good one..

I haven’t got tickets this year either. Unsure about trying in the resale yet. Some of my best few hours at Glastonbury were chilling on the pyramid field with my mates and a few cans on the Thursday whilst they were doing sound check’s playing Neil Young songs 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yep lol

how they can even begin to play without him is a bit pathetic really

Well that’s just silly. If the prodigy took the same attitude then they wouldn’t play again. Saw them last year and they were great

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Well that’s just silly. If the prodigy took the same attitude then they wouldn’t play again. Saw them last year and they were great

Its not the same act though is it?

you’re free to enjoy it as you would a maxi jazz-less faithless but its not what it was.

honouring his life is fine but both reek of ploughing on for money without a key part of the act

Just a personal thing for me. I can see a band with replacement members (although original lineup is far preferable) but continuing without a lead singer just seems odd and is a step too far for me.

mind you people still go see adam lambert’s queen 😂

Also this whole faithless issue could be undone by just moving them to fri, sat or sun.

there would be no bother on the glade if they headlined it on a main day

thats the most sensible option and as a retro / throwback act theyre correctly placed on glade

20 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Just a personal thing for me. I can see a band with replacement members (although original lineup is far preferable) but continuing without a lead singer just seems odd and is a step too far for me.

Queen still sell out arenas! Times move on. RIP Freddie but Lambert is very good. 

32 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

you’re free to enjoy it as you would a maxi jazz-less faithless but its not what it was.

honouring his life is fine but both reek of ploughing on for money without a key part of the act

Although Keith was the face of the Prodigy, I don't think musically the act has changed much with him not being around as the Prodigy is basically Liam Howlett, and Keith didn't sing on many tracks. 
I also think the fact that Sister Bliss has been touring solo as Faithless (DJ) for years now makes it seem less unworkable to do it without Maxi; but I do agree playing live without him would be weird and hopefully she has a tasteful solution up her sleeve.   

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

image.png.d1c6f3abe13dd266fbf2ecfc9bf6d6c1.png

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Drifters-esque levels of piss taking that they tour as Wet Wet Wet.  Isn't the bassist the only original member?

Only one original member, but the other grey guy joined in 1983 so think he's valid! 

20 hours ago, incident said:

Not sure they will.

Firstly because they installed a new (permanent) path along the top of Row Mead, which for me shows intent to use (and keep) it as a much needed extra access/egress route (which they also need to better link to the path going through The Woods, but I'm sure they realise that). But also because I think that if they did want to add stalls, there's a better location - taking space out of Big Ground and/or Kidney Mead would be the first place they'd call upon.

See your point but that same path could've been putting there for the same thing I've suggested umm 🤔.. let's hope they retain row mead it's a beautiful place to life for 5 day's LOL 

On 3/22/2024 at 7:55 AM, Memory Man said:

You’re right - they should stop making a living by continuing to be part of the brand they worked hard for decades to build. 

On 3/22/2024 at 8:33 AM, tomf3 said:

Although Keith was the face of the Prodigy, I don't think musically the act has changed much with him not being around as the Prodigy is basically Liam Howlett, and Keith didn't sing on many tracks. 
I also think the fact that Sister Bliss has been touring solo as Faithless (DJ) for years now makes it seem less unworkable to do it without Maxi; but I do agree playing live without him would be weird and hopefully she has a tasteful solution up her sleeve.   

100% this. Keith was just a dancer for the first two albums, didn’t pick up a mic until Firestarter but still only did vocals on 3 tracks on Fat of the Land, did nothing at all on the next album (if you discount his awful take of Hotride being used in a remix), before becoming more prominent on their later (in my opinion, far inferior) albums. By that reckoning, you could argue that the Prodigy shouldn’t tour without Juliette Lewis. They also have another frontman who appears on every album, and cumulatively significantly more tracks.  Maxi Jazz, by contrast, was with Faithless from the start, sings on all their biggest tunes, and was undoubtedly their front man. Touring without him is tantamount to Underworld touring without Karl Hyde. 

Edited by GrumpyRaver
  • Upvote 1