Not liking the line-up?

g-dog

Can I please request that anyone who is not happy, or complaining, about the line-up to not pay their balance, to give me a better chance in the resale. It is the only fair thing to do.

I'm absolutely gutted not to be there (regardless of line-up)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by g-dog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can't believe it's taken so long for a "You shouldn't be going to Glastonbury unless you're unquestionably positive about it" post

I read it as a positive post from someone wanting a resale ticket 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can't believe it's taken so long for a "You shouldn't be going to Glastonbury unless you're unquestionably positive about it" post

I think it is believable but really I just want as many people who dont fancy it to not pay their balance as I really want to go

Edited by g-dog

5 minutes ago, g-dog said:

I think it is believable but really I just want as many people who dont fancy it to not pay their balance as I really want to go

i think most people with a ticket will stay committed to that ticket, the ones who i expect might back out are people who's finances are tight.

28 minutes ago, g-dog said:

Can I please request that anyone who is not happy, or complaining, about the line-up to not pay their balance, to give me a better chance in the resale. It is the only fair thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

I get how you feel. Nothing worse than wishing you had a ticket and hearing those who do have them moaning about it. Fingers crossed that resale will be kind to you but sadly I am one of the pretty happy with the line up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I get how you feel. Nothing worse than wishing you had a ticket and hearing those who do have them moaning about it. Fingers crossed that resale will be kind to you but sadly I am one of the pretty happy with the line up.

I got a ticket through resales in 2015 and 2023....fairly sure there was a lot of moaning both times about the line up which was irritating when I didn't have a ticket and wanted one!

2 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

I find it hilarious when people complain about lineups. They treat festivals like standard gigs when it doesn't work like that. If you want to see specific artists, just go to a gig.

Pretty much every single other fesival (bar Bearded Threory) release the line ups before main ticket sale so people can decide dif its worth it or not.

Just now, Nestacres said:

Pretty much every single other fesival (bar Bearded Threory) release the line ups before main ticket sale so people can decide dif its worth it or not.

But Glastonbury is not every single other festival. In fact, the most popular festivals don't announce the lineups before the ticket sale and they all nearly sell out within a couple of days or weeks. Green Man and Shambala for example are like that.

Glastonbury just happens to be the most popular of popular festivals.

2 hours ago, g-dog said:

Thanks in advance.

I'm with you, gutted i didn't get a ticket and will be trying again in the resale - good luck

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I don’t think you have to be unquestionably positive about it but at the end of the day, this is their product and you either pay the balance or don’t. 

• Like 1

We didn't get tickets and decided against the resale a few weeks ago and spent the money on a holiday to Morocco.

However since the line up announcement this morning even though we don't think its great the excitements its caused has had us questioning if we can get the money together to try. We will see our financial situation around re-sale day. 

I think it is understandable that some people aren't feeling the line-up.  I hope they come round to it and dig into some of the stuff they might not know yet.

I guess it is fair that there are going to be folks who don't like it and are going to not pay the balance.  In a way that is the right choice for them to make if the acts don't appeal to them.  Also a good thing because people who get tickets in the resale will definitely be bought into the line-up and so will mean that potentially get more fans for acts (such as SZA, SEVENTEEN, Dua Lipa) than perhaps in the first sale population. 

You would imagine that there would be people who might have considered Glasto but not tried because there hasn't been a "big ticket" act that they really want to see there who would now try in the resale.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I mean, this isn't really true.

Most festivals absolutely do have tickets on sale long before the lineup.

Yes, most of them don't sell out before the lineup - but that's not by choice, if the demand was there they'd happily do so.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

I mean, this isn't really true.

Most festivals absolutely do have tickets on sale long before the lineup.

Yes, most of them don't sell out before the lineup - but that's not by choice, if the demand was there they'd happily do so.

Well Reading, APE, Isle of wight, End of the Road, Truck, Ynot, BST all have their main ticket sales after a headline or main line up drop. That's to name a few. Yes they do have early bird sales immediately after a festival has finished but no one had theirs main sale 6 months before a single artist is announced.

I'm not overwhelmed by it so far but tend to be interested in the lower ranking stuff anyway. Rarely visit The Pyramid ( twice last year end of Cat Stevens/ Blondie and EJ). Only PJ Harvey caught the eye today. Hoping plenty of good stuff to come and especially on Acoustic, Avalon and Leftfield.

Just now, Nestacres said:

Well Reading, APE, Isle of wight, End of the Road, Truck, Ynot, BST all have their main ticket sales after a headline or main line up drop. That's to name a few. Yes they do have early bird sales immediately after a festival has finished but no one had theirs main sale 6 months before a single artist is announced.

If a festival is capable of selling all their tickets in that "early bird" sale, they would do so (and breathe a huge sigh of relief). the only reason the "main sale" exists is because they still have tickets left over. I'm pretty sure that of the ones you mention EOTR have done exactly that in the past.

Personally I'm not really understanding the negativity, as it's a perfectly reasonable first batch of artists released and at least for myself there is a headliner every evening that I'm really looking forward to.  Last year I had to throw my ticket back in due to finances and it's going to be close again this year, but on the strength of what I'm seeing I'll be pinching those pennies to ensure I'm back in the fields come June.

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's ok to be underwhelmed with the first poster and still be excited about attending

Everyone will moan about people complaining the line up is weak but then moan all their favourite small venues are rammed.

You need massive headliners because the pyramid stage is the biggest area, and that’s where you want the majority of people to be most of the day. It’s not a taste or music snobbery thing, it’s logistics. 

reference: the million threads on here about overcrowding