Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Totally with you, this is an interesting lineup, thankfully no “old duffers” clogging up the Pyramid headline spots and we have Justice , Janellle, Orbital, Sleaford Mods and a few other cracking acts.

Best is yet to come, post midnight dance. 

This is my take as well, I don't really care about heritage acts and there's a few names on the bill that I've had to miss through clashes when they've played in the past that I've got the chance to see this year.

All in all not a bad lineup for my taste so far.  Be interested to see what gets added to the wider bill.

4 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Got to admit, I'm a bit dissapointed to seeing so many landfill bands in such prominent slots. Would add The Streets to that list and Bloc Party if not doing Silent Alarm in full. I can't recall previous line-ups being that way and it feels a bit like a 00's timewarp. I wouldn't mind so much if it were good bands of that time or they've not played together in 20 years but these could have been seen anytime at your local academy or under.

to be fair Bloc Party last played as Other headliner in 2009, its been a fair while so daytime Other isn't taking up something too prominent for the first time in 15 years. I'd say there's less "landfill" (which I like) than a lot of previous years. No Vaccines, Kaiser Chiefs etc so far.

6 hours ago, Nickyboy said:

Anything that upsets the "rock critic" and bono ghostwriter of the torygraph  is great news. 

He can feck all the way off. 

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Aka worst glasters of a generation.

Depends on the generation. 

I remember only two stages and the line up on either could very much have troughs to balance the peaks, but then nobody who went then did so for the line up. 

42 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Anything that upsets the "rock critic" and bono ghostwriter of the torygraph  is great news. 

He can feck all the way off. 

I once had an argument with him on Twitter about where Glastonbury was because he got it wrong. After several people agreed with me he grudgingly apologised! 

• Like 1

Hectic day following all of that! Only really getting to sit down and go through it all now despite seeing the lineup when it came out this morning. Initially a little disappointed when you look at the top row or two and the pyramid stage but overall the lineup caters nicely to my taste. I'd say close to 30 acts there that I would be semi-interested in - way more than last year and probably more than most years.

It's probably not as strong in terms of quality, LCD Soundsystem are the only ones I would be genuinely thrilled to go and see, but that was to be semi expected from following the rumours the last few weeks I guess. Despite what seems to be a fairly negative reaction online (does this happen every year?), it absolutely shits on every other festival lineup this summer. 

Haven't got tickets this year but think line up overall is not that bad plenty I'd be interested in seeing ...depending on scheduling. 

Would keep me away from pyramid as I'd possibly see Coldplay again . But not interested in dua and don't know who sza is .

But the national lcd soundsystem arlo janelle would all be definitely on my list 

19 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

I suspect The National will be PACKED too. Could be an all-timer for them.

Eh, think you’re overestimating just how popular The National are to a wider audience. Their Pyramid sub slot and the mass head scratching that came along with it suggests they don’t have a lot of people’s ears outside of their core fanbase. They’ll do fine, but they’re hardly gonna pack out the field, even with a weaker Pyramid headliner on at the same time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, airwaves said:

I dislike the term "second class" and that's not what I said. 

In terms of fact or speculation there have been pages of fact? /speculation? on these e-fest pages several of which chatter would imply ate/were "in the know" - and add Stevie Wonder to that list, but of course he's not female 

And do you really believe thay Emily had SZA booked a year or so ago when she first said she had 2 female headliners? 

You implied that they were somehow less deserving of being first choice based on your opinion. That's not a nice thing to say even if you don't like the headliners. And I don't like any of them anyway. I will spend most if not all of my time in the other stages

So we’ve had the traditional annual criticism of the line up by some, it’s not what it used to be etc etc, a lot of it from folk who have never bought into the ethos of the festival and see it as just a succession of acts. In reality it’s a decent line up so far with more to come. Plenty for all to enjoy apart from the inevitable clashes! 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Eh, think you’re overestimating just how popular The National are to a wider audience. Their Pyramid sub slot and the mass head scratching that came along with it suggests they don’t have a lot of people’s ears outside of their core fanbase. They’ll do fine, but they’re hardly gonna pack out the field, even with a weaker Pyramid headliner on at the same time.

Is it? I'm a Belgian, here they're a big band capable of selling out the biggest arena in the country. Can imagine them being the Sunday headliner for many people. Packed is a bit exaggerated, but I can imagine them faring well in that context (as opposed to that weird Pyramid placement). 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

I think the fact they're yet to sell out any of their other June/July UK shows probably hints this as well.