Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I agree with people saying Emily made a mess of it saying 2 female headliners last year when they have clearly scrambled for SZA to fit that criteria. 

I have a lot to see but this is going to a be a lot of people's thought process and it's probably true.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

f**k me that’s underwhelming isn’t it?

Thoughts and prayers to anyone trying to find a decent Saturday night option, it’s a wasteland not seen since Sunday 2014.

LCD and Simz in the worst possible slots for acts of their talent.

The spectre of Sunday 2014 already risen in our group chat.

• Upvote 1

Very pleased with that. 

Dua/Coldplay/The National to headline with plenty of other choices Friday if Dua goes south.

Then a long list of hopeful/possibles

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
PJ HARVEY
CYNDI LAUPER
ALVVAYS
ARLO PARKS
BRITTANY HOWARD
CAMILLA CABELLO
CONFIDENCE MAN
FAT WHITE FAMILY
JANELLE MONAE
THE LAST DINNER PARTY
NOTHING BUT THIEVES
OLIVIA DEAN
PAUL HEATON
SOCCER MOMMY
SOFIA KOURTESIS
SUGABABES
BONOBO

FLOWEROFLOVE

The problem for me is that there is very little there to inspire or get excited about. There’s decent stuff across all stages - LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Justice, Michael Kiwanuka, The National, The Streets, Bloc Party, Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Yard Act… but it’s all stuff everyone has seen plenty of times before.

• Upvote 1

I'm well pleased with the line up, specifically Idles headlining Other and Skream & Benga being onsite somewhere?

Our group will be fractured though, half will be delighted at Dua, SZA, Coldplay and will be at the Pyramid for large parts of the weekend, whereas it appears that I'll be doing a lot of walking. So much to see over the stages...

Disclosure / Coldplay could be a clash. I'd prefer Disclosure but also want to be with besties who will all want to see Coldplay.

Nia on West Holts has the potential to be something special, can't wait for that.

For me, best line up of last few years and we've only had the first drop...

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I agree with people saying Emily made a mess of it saying 2 female headliners last year when they have clearly scrambled for SZA to fit that criteria. 

Agree with the logic but not sure who they’d have gone for if not applying that criteria who would have been so much better. They clearly spent too much time and effort on the Madge pipe dream without having a solid backup locked in. 

I'm hoping it means casual fans put the tickets back in, that's all I really care about at this point.

Loads of smaller stuff that I like, would happily watch Coldplay, Dua Lipa and Shania. Can see how it'd underwhelm but also could see how it'd be big for younger people.

I don't think it'll be any less sought after so my guess is those of us without tickets will probably remain that way. They always needed to do a demographic shift and now is the time

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think the lack of a real buzz on here indicates the level of apathy towards the first poster. In the past, this place would have been ablaze with activity and new threads 

Won’t lie, I certainly feel less bad about having to sit this year out now.

20 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Gimme a list of the acts you'd like to see on that list. Mine are:

Paul Heaton

Always

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

As much as it's a stinker higher up, on reflection the undercard isn’t too bad.  One must see in Black Pumas, but would probably also watch Cyndi Lauper, Michael Kiwanuka, Janelle Monae, Keane, Camilla Cabello, Avril Lavigne, Brittany Howard, Corinne Bailey Rae and The Breeders.  That’ll do for me.

I think it's very telling that this place isn't buzzing. I don't think anybody would deny that there's a large population of people on this forum that are kind of music snobs. Near enough everyone on here will say some variation of the "It's not all about the..." line at some point.

But the vibe on here this morning appears to be largely negative - It doesn't feel too far different from the vibe I was getting when 2020 was officially cancelled.

I haven't dared to look at social media yet.

Also, these are all names that have been talked about on here for a long time (I acknowledge SZA was only talked about in the last few weeks).  So it isn't like this is totally leftfield is it?  Probably the main surprises for me are Idles and disclosure as other headliners and no Pulp (even that has been suggested recently so was mentally prepared for it).

Nice surprises for me are Little Simz in a big slot on the Pyramid, Alvvays, Janelle Monae.

Gutted that Idles will clash with Dua Lipa (and Jaimie XX and Fontaines DC)  

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

It’s a very diverse, eclectic lineup. My initial thoughts were there was nothing if magic or sparkle to it - primarily because they’ve mentioned the stage splits already where usually you are just given the mesh of names in first poster drop. 

I can’t criticise the lineup in any way - but again see it as a microcosm of the current state of festivals.