2024 New Music

Quark

Looking forward to TANGK later today. Not sure if I’ll stream it first or go straight in with the vinyl. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews and I’ve liked the singles put out so far.

Video for Grace is the best thing Coldplay have done in years 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Looking forward to TANGK later today. Not sure if I’ll stream it first or go straight in with the vinyl. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews and I’ve liked the singles put out so far.

Video for Grace is the best thing Coldplay have done in years 🤣

Just given TANGK a first play through and it is really good. I'm relieved because I loved the first 2 and Crawler was a return to form but I did not like Ultramono.  This continues the good work of Crawler.

A few on my playlist for today.

IDLES - TANGK -  I've already listened to and is really good.

Lime Garden - One More Thing - Saw them supporting Bombay Bicycle Club last week. If you like stuff like Goat Girl, Dry Cleaning, Hole then you would also probably dig this. 

William Doyle - Springs Eternal - formerly used to release stuff as East India Company which was electronica.  This is much more stripped back singer/songwriter folky stuff. New album is really lovely.

Vampire Weekend - 2 new track from the album.  Both sounding really good - enjoyed much more than the stuff from the last album (Which I thought was a bit patchy).

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

The new Middle Kids album is really good!
The return of the chilled, summer vibes is just around the corner. 

Touring in the US during Glastonbury which is annoying but hopefully will be touring the UK in Autumn 

5 hours ago, st dan said:

The new Middle Kids album is really good!
The return of the chilled, summer vibes is just around the corner. 

Nice shout, forgot that was today. Have not pre-ordered as I have bought too much recently but might not be long

Hoping for a uk tour

12 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

William Doyle - Springs Eternal - formerly used to release stuff as East India Company which was electronica.  This is much more stripped back singer/songwriter folky stuff. New album is really 

Ah Thanks, will give that a listen

It's been a few weeks, but I gave the new Lyrical Lemonade album a few spins. Some of the most generic production you could hope to hear. They're a production and music video company who basically do DJ Khaled collaborations with others. Some artists featured: Eminem, JID, Kid Cudi, Lil Durk, Chief Keef, Latto, Swae Lee, Joey Bada$$, Lil Yachty and Denzel Curry. This clean, TikTok friendly sound that sands down everything that makes those artists interesting on their own let the whole record down. 

The best tracks are the Juice WRLD (RIP) and Cordae collaboration which came out a few years ago, and Dave's track with Jack Harlow.

Dave destroys Jack Harlow on this which is fine - it's just cool to hear more British hip-hop get attention stateside. If you're a hip-hop head you may enjoy this:

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Nadine Shah and MGMT on my list for today. Any others worth a listen??

Red Rum Club at the top of my list from todays releases. Also planning on giving Royel Otis a listen from last weeks.