2024 New Music

Quark

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 AM, Talcroft said:

New Four Tet album is a wonder... Mostly slow, ambient journey beautifully constructed to build up to Three Drums. Meditative and left with me with shivers. 31 Bloom will be particularly good in a dark club room. 8/10 would listen again. 

Will give that a listen today

• Upvote 1

Really liking Gary Clark Jrs new album 'JPEG RAW'. It's a mix of blues rock with a modern twist.

The album also has a song featuring Stevie Wonder in it called 'What About The Children'.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the farm as he's got European dates in July and free on Glasto weekend.

https://open.spotify.com/album/09XurHGqbBgvj7SH96UbPV

Edited by AlexR

1 hour ago, AlexR said:

Really liking Gary Clark Jrs new album 'JPEG RAW'. It's a mix of blues rock with a modern twist.

The album also has a song featuring Stevie Wonder in it called 'What About The Children'.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the farm as he's got European dates in July and free on Glasto weekend.

https://open.spotify.com/album/09XurHGqbBgvj7SH96UbPV

Just listened to this.  Love Gary Clark Jr and the new album is a delight.

Listened to the new Mannequin Pussy album and I love it! Might be the best album I've heard this year, over Brittany Howard's new one. Love how the songs switch effortlessly between a dreamy sound and a hardcore sound. Really glad they've been booked for the festival this year. They have gone from a "might see" to a "must see" for me.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:25 AM, bamber said:

Kenya Grace

1st woman to have a self written, self produced, self performed UK No1 since Kate freaking Bush

This is the new one.

Playing at the festival.

Been enjoying her stuff since listening when the lineup came out. Hoping she has a couple of spots over the festival - think something at night would be better than the daytime slot at Woodsies, that being said I think I'll almost definitely be there

13 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Only just this week discovered hurray for the riffraff and absolutely loving almost everything I've heard. Any chance of an appearance at the big G?

I'd go with a chance of about 30% of her appearing. She's available but not doing any other European festivals around the time.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'd go with a chance of about 30% of her appearing. She's available but not doing any other European festivals around the time.

If she was to appear any inkling as to where it might be? I'm pretty much oblivious to the size of artists.

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

If she was to appear any inkling as to where it might be? I'm pretty much oblivious to the size of artists.

She only tends to play very small venues when she plays the UK so my guess would just be early on the Park stage

55 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

This might be the most stacked day for new releases so far this year.

I've spent the morning listening to new albums from Fabiana Palladino, Khruangbin and Vampire Weekend, all released today. None of them on the Glastonbury lineup (yet)