2024 New Music

Quark

On 1/9/2024 at 2:02 PM, polnico said:

They just don't miss:

Also new Jamie XX is a banger, really hoping for an album in 2024, but I won't believe it till I see it.

Very early in the day to be gunning for most played track of the year but it's a very strong contender. I LOVE it. 

But the man will literally do anything other write the follow-up to In Colour. I wonder if he knows he'll just never beat it. But the last three singles have been excellent. 

The XX are making new music now too so I guess he's busy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Very early in the day to be gunning for most played track of the year but it's a very strong contender. I LOVE it. 

But the man will literally do anything other write the follow-up to In Colour. I wonder if he knows he'll just never beat it. But the last three singles have been excellent. 

The XX are making new music now too so I guess he's busy.

Each time I see him announce gig/festivals or any ig post, my hope goes up... Excited about a new The XX album though!

Loving the newest Kali Uchis album, starts off slow but then gets going with the bangers at the end. Liked her album last year but I think leaning more into the latin influences really sounds great.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 hour ago, ctrlaltdl8 said:

So good - I’ve seen he is playing a festival the week before G in Ireland, absolutely desperate to see him live

He’s touring in May, we’re seeing him at The Roundhouse.

Hoping he might pop up at Glasto, would be great on The Park

Loving Future Islands, though if you're a fan you've heard a chunk of the album in the too many singles they've released from it ahead of time. Great to have them all together though.

Great new Phosphorescent song. He reckons it’s the best one he’s ever written. No tour dates yet to support the April album release. I guess more an EOTR artist but a return to The Park a decade on would be a very nice Sunday afternoon alternative to what sounds like might be on the Pyramid!

Been a busy few weeks so not kept up to speed with posting, so going to hit y'all with a bit of a flurry.  All been getting a lot of airplay chez Quark

English Teacher

Beren Olivia - never heard of her before she popped up on Radio 1 Future Sounds. Surprised by how much I like this one, a lot poppier than I'd usually go for

Jesus and Mary Chain ahead of new album in March

Charlatans' new one is a doozy

And last one, some decent pop-punk from Swim School. On tour atm, worth catching.

• Thanks 1