Glamping...how many

guypjfreak

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Can't remember how long it's been about. It's located just behind The Truth Stage and is fairly exclusive. It's officially a "private members club", invite only. They issue membership cards, which gain you entry.

2017 I think.  

Crew wristband needed to access the production trackway then membership card needed to enter, Membership card states that it's lifetime membership and that use of  phones/cameras are strictly banned within.

1 minute ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

2017 I think.  

Crew wristband needed to access the production trackway then membership card needed to enter, Membership card states that it's lifetime membership and that use of  phones/cameras are strictly banned within.

What goes on in the air stream stays in the air stream? 🤔

18 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What goes on in the air stream stays in the air stream? 🤔

It's a tent type bar, not a trailer.

I fully agree with the no phone rule, not for reasons of privacy but for reasons of sociability.

I'd post a pic or two but, erm......

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

This year will be my 10th Glastonbury and for the first time, I'll be glamping – PYO in Love Fields is locked in. It's super expensive relative to the normal Glastonbury experience but said 'normal experience' is also becoming increasingly expensive. I'm happy to fork out a bit extra as there's a good chance this will be my last one for a while.

The Glamping presence is definitely more noticeable these days but I also don't think it's affected the vibe negatively. If anything I think it's good for keeping an older demographic coming back.

Love Fields has pretty much sold out of PYO this year already... We booked them months after the tickets last year, and they were advertising pitches right up to the week of the festival (when they eventually did sell out I believe.)

Lots of folk who rely on them as a fall back if they can't get official camper tickets are going to be very disappointed this year. 

3 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

This year will be my 10th Glastonbury and for the first time, I'll be glamping – PYO in Love Fields is locked in. It's super expensive relative to the normal Glastonbury experience but said 'normal experience' is also becoming increasingly expensive. I'm happy to fork out a bit extra as there's a good chance this will be my last one for a while.

The Glamping presence is definitely more noticeable these days but I also don't think it's affected the vibe negatively. If anything I think it's good for keeping an older demographic coming back.

We've gone Love Fields again next year, just for the location and how easy arrival was. It's insanely expensive, but worth it between you to be right next to gate D, and able to arrive as and when you like, and drive right up to your pitch. 

The other perks, showers, toilets, power, etc, are nice little bonuses, and that nice cool covered shady bar with plenty of seating was a godsend for time outs last year. But really it's all about location and convenience. 

Edited by Alvoram

On 11/21/2023 at 10:03 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Those prices are off the scale. And to think that two of the options are sold out. Mind you. there are people with silly money out there.

If you intend to go for a couple of years at these prices it'd honestly be a better investment just to buy a house in Pilton.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Indeed the prices do make one's eyes water. 

I know there are people that it's pocket change to but I thought all rich people were tight so the house would still be a better investment. Chances are it would go up in value after a few years as well.

23 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Are you sure you don't want to come next year!

Could be arranged.

I cannot deny that it is tempting. Very.

It is also very nice of you to offer. Very.

I've also just spoken to my wife about it. She says that I should go. Some of my mates are going, and will be celebrating 40 years since they first attended - so that will be special. I also got through for some other friends on Sunday too. 

I'll admit it, I've always felt that I should consciously attend Glasto knowing that it's my last fandango - as opposed to 2014 being my last without ever knowing it at the time. 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Love the idea of the airstream caravan. Well worth it if you could tow it away with you after the festival. They might not notice in all the confusion of Monday morning😊😉

I was drinking in a pub once on a high stool that allows one to look out of the large windows onto Kings Heath High Street in Birmingham. I was just sat there gazing into space (but actually looking at a Brighthouse shop. w*nkers of some renown) when two women from the shop asked me if I had seen two men take their biggest flat screen tv away, and if so in which direction did they go. As I hadn't seen them, there was nothing that I could offer them as solace in getting back their stolen property. I later heard about the grapevine that they actually got on the No 50 bus towards central Birmingham.

They actually stole the tv while the staff were in the shop. It's not as if it was a large department store. It was a relatively small shop, and had two staff members in it at the time.

So, you see that kind of 'thing' can be done, in front of everyone's eyes.

37 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Apologies if already covered, when does Worthy View go on sale? I cant seem to see anything online.

Just keep an eye on the main website, should be in a few weeks time. Remember you have to pay in full for the tent you book, not just a deposit. Car park pass also needed, specifically for WV , not just a general car pass. 

• Upvote 1

What are the pubs around the area like in the mornings during the festival? In the past I've spent 100% of my time inside the gates so have zero knowledge of the outside world. 5 years ago if you said I'd have been considering this it would have seemed very weird.

Our situation has changed this year so I'm staying just outside to suit this. Thinking it could be good to get a brekkie and a pint before coming inside on one of the days

My wife who follows some of the chats on Facebook etc was telling me that every other post is a newbie with questions about glamping..soon it'll be Just vets Camping on the inside lolol

Let's have it... rather surrounded by vets who know what's what than newbies straight from reading and Leeds who still think it is ok to piss on tents... although I believe they have buckets nowadays....lol

And no not all newbie are like this so please don't get upset 😭.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@guypjfreak in answer to your OP, according to the Licence Monitoring De-brief report, there are 29 external campsites

Thank you old son.29...wow

No wonder they could kill row mead this year.. I agree Elton needed it empty because of crowd's but like I said to friends you'll now see stall's all the way along the back of the pyramid stage field now.. probably next year tbh.

Think of all the cash that will make considering it's like £10.000.a small pitch 

They'll be more people outside than inside at this rate.. definitely different dynamics too the festival used to be travellers outside and punters inside now it's glampers outside lol

IMG_20191024_154227852_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_154455767_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_153909485_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_155200437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_154931953_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191024_154944916_HDR.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

On 12/21/2023 at 9:35 AM, guypjfreak said:

Thank you old son.29...wow

No wonder they could kill row mead this year.. I agree Elton needed it's bug likes I said go friends you'll now see stall's all the way along the back of the pyramid stage field now.. probably next year tbh.

They'll be more people outside than inside at this rate.. definitely different dynamics too the festival used to be travellers outside and punters inside now it's glampers outside lol

One of the few that understands 

On 11/22/2023 at 2:47 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Indeed the prices do make one's eyes water. 

I think this year will be our last for a few years. We travel from Belfast and bring 3 kids. By the time you've factored in a ferry to hump the tent etc over and feeding the kids across 5 days it really does start getting into big money. Last time out was mental but at least we have all the camping gear already this time around. 

Edited by gherkin8r

4 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

I think this year will be our last for a few years. We travel from Belfast and bring 3 kids. By the time you've factored in a ferry to hump the tent etc over and feeding the kids across 5 days it really does start getting into big money. Last time out was mental but at least we have all the camping gear already this time around. 

It must cost you a fortune. However, you do get to see / live in (for a while) 'paradise' / Brigadoon., and so do your children. So, well worth it, I'd say. Wishing you a fab time there.