So anyone adamant they are not going next year ?

cidy

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

Me and 3 mates (all 40) have just booked tickets to Warehouse Project in October, got a feeling we'll feel the same!

Im 39 & went twice lasr year. The crowd was a bit more diverse than I expected.

Plus the new younger crowd I think dont care as much. The 18-23 ish crowd are much better than the crowd of the same age pre around 2016 ish. They are much more into raving than just being seen. IMO.

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just seen this thread pop up. I'm still not going. Quite looking forward to picking a less intense festival for next year though.

i recommend womad for atmosphere and enjoyment. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

I'm on the fence. I have a lot of stuff going on next June/July that I don't even know if I can get the time to go there/rest after. I will still go for tickets and then decide on the lineup come payment day and I'll also know what will be going on by that point. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I'm on the fence. I have a lot of stuff going on next June/July that I don't even know if I can get the time to go there/rest after. I will still go for tickets and then decide on the lineup come payment day and I'll also know what will be going on by that point. 

Apologies if camping with us lot finished you off 😂

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Apologies if camping with us lot finished you off 😂

Haha don't be silly! I want to come, just my schedule for work has changed slightly so I think I can only get there Thursday night and I have a wedding in Berlin on the Thursday after that I need to arrive for by the Wednesday. Just so many things to juggle. 

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not at the moment, a bit burnt out in hedonism in general.

womad is good for that as its not particularly hedonistic, but can be as wild as you want it to be.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Potential hernia not painful at the moment can't even get an ultrasound appointment will depend on results of that and if it becomes painful or not .... 

I had an hernia at the festival in 2022, it was okay for the most part. But it does depend on the site. 

mine took around 10 months from initial referral to operation and that was nhs referring me private, I didn’t have a scan but it was about the size of a grapefruit. 

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I had an hernia at the festival in 2022, it was okay for the most part. But it does depend on the site. 

mine took around 10 months from initial referral to operation and that was nhs referring me private, I didn’t have a scan but it was about the size of a grapefruit. 

will have to see how it goes .... a friend on here was quoted a lot longer for nhs recently ... and then went private . fingers crossed . Might not even be that but GP seems to think there's a good chance of it 

Will try for tickets but missing out does not hold much fear this time around. I’ve done 2017, 2019 & 2023 and enjoyed the first two much more than this year. There is no festival like Glasto but this years line up was poor for my tastes, and of the few acts I wanted to see there were clashes. That, along with being cooked out of my tent at 8am made it less fun for this 50yo who needs a bit of a lie in when staying up until the early hours!

Did Ynot a couple of weeks ago and line up and being far less crowded made it not far off Glasto for enjoyment for me.

I really fear a wet Glasto - I’ve only done those dry years and it seems very crowded. Really not sure how it (or me) would cope in a wet year.

1 hour ago, Northtim said:

Will try for tickets but missing out does not hold much fear this time around. I’ve done 2017, 2019 & 2023 and enjoyed the first two much more than this year. There is no festival like Glasto but this years line up was poor for my tastes, and of the few acts I wanted to see there were clashes. That, along with being cooked out of my tent at 8am made it less fun for this 50yo who needs a bit of a lie in when staying up until the early hours!

Did Ynot a couple of weeks ago and line up and being far less crowded made it not far off Glasto for enjoyment for me.

I really fear a wet Glasto - I’ve only done those dry years and it seems very crowded. Really not sure how it (or me) would cope in a wet year.

Don’t fear it! All that happens is folk adapt to the conditions, move about less, maybe spend more in bars , smaller stages etc. 2016 was the most recent muddy one and even old timer me coped ok. There will always be clashes, though I agree this year there were some difficult choices ! 

I'm in my early 50s and hit my 20th anniversary this year with my 16th festival, which was also my first volunteering.  Was also a very different feel for me after my wife decided that 10 was enough for her and bowed out (hence me giving volunteering a go).  Found the night shift pretty challenging, needed better footwear to tackle the shifts and then going out, and the "blackout" tent I treated myself too turned out to be an oven (now replaced with a F&B), so was fully broken by the end of it all after 7 nights on site, but I've still got some more in me.  All being well will be back volunteering again in 2024.

I felt a bit off kilter this year on the Saturday. Couldn't really put my finger in why - perhaps a few friends having failed to get tickets, or maybe the heat. I had partied less hard than I used to on the Friday so I wasnt too hungover, but then maybe I had FOMO 😛 Either way, its absoloutely not enough to make me not want to go! Ticket reg announcement confirms that. I'm just not very confident about tickets.... 

My mortgage renewal offer has come through for January, going to be losing £400 a month to the interest increases, my disposable income has basically been wiped out. 

I can’t see tickets being below £350 so for 2 of us with parking, travel and spending money it quickly becomes a lot more of a sacrifice. Combined with how busy it feels now, constant queues and crowds, maybe not.

Will still probably get caught up in the ticket hype though 

42 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

My mortgage renewal offer has come through for January, going to be losing £400 a month to the interest increases, my disposable income has basically been wiped out. 

Ouch I feel your pain, you can accept that and you you can look for a cheaper deal right up to renewal time. Rates are starting to drift downwards again.