Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

Not a fan then I take it? hahaha

How anyone can Hate 'Take it easy' 'Life in the Fast Lane' or 'Hotel California' I will never know though. Incredible back catalogue of songs they have. 

The biggest issue they have though is the tribute band 'The Illegal Eagles' are much much better live. 

Seems to be some sort of Marmite thing going on here! For my part I have never understood 'Hotel California' at all. I just hear a sort of whining dirge that for some reason just makes me irritated 😂

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

The Eagles are one of Michael’s last big wishes for the farm, but they won’t do it for the money on offer and they would want top billing, which wouldn’t be on offer either

If he's doing the solo thing next year, Don Henley would cost less, be more likely to accept the lower billing, and from what I've heard put on an overall better show.

Every review I read of a modern Eagles show seems to comment on the complete lack of chemistry on stage.

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I still hold out hope for Michael McDonald/Doobie Bros…

As do I.

Enjoyed an hour or so of Yacht Rock in one of the bars at about 1am on Monday morning. Certainly was more popular than the anonymous beats they had on before.

• Upvote 1

Robbie Williams has a lot of popular songs and a great stage presence, but is he really a 'legend'? I'd be minded to put him in the Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus slot. Same with the likes of Alanis or Bryan Adams.

Bon Jovi would make a great legends act, though.

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Off the top of my head…

Solo artists: Bryan Adams, Cyndi Lauper, Robbie Williams, Billy Joel, Alanis Morrissette, Carole King, Cathy Simon, Howard Jones, Annie Lennox.

Bands: Duran Duran, Soft Cell, Tears for Fears, Def Leppard, The Human League, A-ha.

Agree with these few more suggestions though not likely 

solos- Rod Stewart, mariah Carey, sheryl crow

bands- proclaimers spice girls Aerosmith 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Robbie Williams has a lot of popular songs and a great stage presence, but is he really a 'legend'? I'd be minded to put him in the Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus slot. Same with the likes of Alanis or Bryan Adams.

Bon Jovi would make a great legends act, though.

Was literally thinking Bryan Adam’s could do it this morning. 
kinda feel Bon jovi would be headline or nothing…can’t see them taking a lower slot. Would love to see them in the afternoon though. 

Think Bon Jovi would be more suitable for the Aerosmith/Foos special Pyramid rock slot (that’s now a thing again until it isn’t) rather than the Sunday legend. Probably headline everything else they play but wouldn’t get offered that at Glastonbury, but also don’t really fit the Sunday legend either - I personally don’t really associate that with all out rockers, or even bands, really, as even ELO were prefixed with ‘Jeff Lynne’s’ to keep up the solo act pattern. Jon Bon Jovi’s Bon Jovi doesn’t really work…

Imagine Duran Duran would headline right? Would be a great Sunday legend booking, though.

Might be controversial, and would probably be too many people on stage at any one time, but Hans Zimmer would be a nice way to spend an afternoon. People might think movie music is cheesy, but he’s a legendary composer in his own right.

Makes you realise booking Glastonbury is not that easy…