Overheard at Glastonbury 2023

deebeedoobee

Last year, friend turns to me as we're standing up near the Glastonbury sign -"Whats that pointed thing down there with the light on top"  - wouldn't mind, but she's been to Glastonbury over 20 times!

2 hours ago, SighMo said:

Heard this old guy by the icecream van shouting into his phone explaining that he’s at the Pyramid, the pointy one 🤣

We call it The Pointy Stage I think was originally a joke we thought was funny now we just use it normally 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Guy I think taking his mate round on his first time. Passes Greenpeace, tells him "So that's the rave tree, it's quality. Gets lit up at night and they've got a DJ booth in there". Slight pause. "It's not a real tree though".

Did you watch The Lottery Winners at green peace....I thought I recognised you but wasn't sure ? 

Just now, gazzared said:

Did you watch The Lottery Winners at green peace....I thought I recognised you but wasn't sure ? 

I did not, saw them at Avalon. Didn't spend much time at Greenpeace this year, which is unusual!

• Like 1

I was doing my business in a long drop around 8am when I heard a guy say “Lads I’m gonna have to go to bed, I haven’t slept since Thursday!” (This was Sunday morning) to which his mate replied “Stop being a pussy and do another bump of ket”

The pain in his voice when he said “Ok” was hilarious 😅

• Upvote 1

Also not so much overheard as it was a conversation I was part of but me and my 3 mates all dressed up in sequins etc, I had an Elton jacket on, glasses, full outfits going on. Walking from camp towards Pyramid.

My mate said “Do you think this is a bit much for QOTSA?” 

Tickled me enormously.

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I didn't really over hear a funny but saw something funny but maybe a bit sad... Loads of lads near spike bar doing balloons, ket and pills but then started to put suncream on each others backs.... Like ya know f**k my lungs, brain and other vital organs but can't burn that's just stupid 🤣

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Also not so much overheard as it was a conversation I was part of but me and my 3 mates all dressed up in sequins etc, I had an Elton jacket on, glasses, full outfits going on. Walking from camp towards Pyramid.

My mate said “Do you think this is a bit much for QOTSA?” 

Tickled me enormously.

I was in full sequins for QOTSA, josh winked at me. He was a fan.

13 minutes ago, gorfield said:

not heard but seen.... bad taste I know.

356299107_818688976033667_4539067714191576441_n.jpg

Similarly not particularly funny but walking out of Example at the Glade and a posh girl said to her friend whilst looking at her phone ‘Oh my god, they’ve found wreckage of the submarine’

to which the friend replied: ‘What? Sorry I don’t know anything about that’

Group of posh girls (very late teens/early 20s) camped behind us in Paines ground On Sunday morning 

Girl 1 ‘has anyone seen my towel - it was here yesterday and I want to have a shower’

Girl 2 ‘oh yeh sorry I used it to blow my nose into last night as I’d done so much coke and it needed clearing’ 

(the same group on the Thursday also had a 30 min conversation about who’d had anal sex and who of their friends they also thought had!) 

• Upvote 1