List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

As mentioned in the other thread, a general lack of empathy or respect for the festival/other attendees was rife.  Such as,

Pissing on the land. It was everywhere, often in full view of stewards and unchallenged.

Littering. People just dropping sh*t anywhere. Saw a guy drop an empty cannon the floor not 2 metres from the bins.

Open drug taking and to excess. Saw a bunch taking pills and coke, in a crowd, at the bandstand, at 5pm. Another guy who worked in Small World pushed to the front when Cam Cole was on, did a massive line off his hand, the started slam dancing his mates, which meant they were just slamming everyone else there. Could not have cared less. Jumped on my wife’s foot which is badly bruised. Never said a word.

The more I hear of this stuff the more I don't feel a reason to go back. If you put on a festival that essentially promotes itself as having something for everyone you end up picking up the fringe dickheads of society.

30 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The more I hear of this stuff the more I don't feel a reason to go back. If you put on a festival that essentially promotes itself as having something for everyone you end up picking up the fringe dickheads of society.

all three of those things have been very much worse in the past

it wasn't that long ago that I rememeber people burning big piles plastic coated cups to keep warm

Edited by bob323

I had a great weekend - agree with some of the gripes here, particularly around the open drug taking which seemed worse than i have ever seen it in all the years I have been.

However, specific points

- it was way too busy in places at times, I was getting out of the Pyramid field at the top by Row Mead to go to Woodsies during Arctic Monkeys and the build up of people at that entrance was a big crush, despite there being loads of room further along. There were families trying to get through (presumably to get to family camping) and were stuck, I felt really sorry for them. They need to have crowd control up there during headliners.

- they need more water points in some areas, particularly The Park, the queues were enormous at times

- whilst a lot of people were tidying up after themselves I saw so many people just dropping litter, which was sad.

- people appearing to go and see acts they have no interest in and then talking loudly all through the set - during Cat Stevens (who was ace) for half the set I had some twat next to me shouting into his phone trying to locate his mates and then just talking loudly…the collective relief of the people around me once he and his “crew” left was clear!

5 hours ago, Neil said:

you don't need a kid to experience most of that . i don't have choice about my own powered wheel, which are my alternative legs, a mobility scooter is big and gets in the way but that doesn't give aright to crawl over it (and me), like it's not there.

Oh I know, we were right in front of you with your scooter and a second group close to you with a mob scooter for one set at the pyramid, can’t remember which one, but again it was the left side looking at the stage, far up the field past the second ice cream van, urinals and sound desk.

There was PLENTY of space for whatever set it was, so no need to push and yet I witnessed, with my own eyes, tanked up twats deciding they absolutely have to enter at the very point where you, the other person in the mobility scooter and a load of pushchairs were sitting, regardless of who they knocked flying.

Why can’t they just walk an extra 10 metres around the group that clearly huddled together to a) protect people and kids, and b) cause less inconvenience to others by keeping the much hated pushchair, blanket, chair and wheelchair brigade in one 10m square. 

It’s exactly why I included people with disabilities in my first post, I ‘witnessed’ how much disrespect some folk had for you and the other bloke, (as well as the pushchairs and kids in front) and it’s not right. 

probably had my best glastonbury ever this year, lack of mud helped a lot and also being on the East side. Walking down through the circus fields every day was brilliant - always something going on. Had a 5 and 10 year old with me and they fully embraced it.

my gripes are;

Late night music - all sounds the same and does it really need to be that loud until 5am!

The pass out thing to the van campsite is a bit rubbish - i was so worried about losing my ticket/passout.

Entitled Millennials. urgh. just running through a crowd and stepping on kids because they want a good spot. We were watching Mik Artistik on Thursday at Croissant Neuf on Thursday and a big group just came and stood right in front of us and went on for about 10 minutes because they had lost their mate ( at croissant neuf field!!??) and proceeded to keep shouting her name RAE RAE!!! Mik Artistik is an act you need to actually listen to. They just had no awareness that anyone around them was trying to listen.

Lack of urinals near the other stage ( right had side) which meant men had to queue for toilets too and queues were horrendous there. Try telling a 5 year old to hold it for 20 minutes!

I also think if they crammed less food stalls and shops in the walkways would be a lot easier to get down in the really busy areas. when places had big queues you were contained to the metal path and when its really hard work especially with a pram if you are trying to go against the flow.

13 hours ago, BotanistBarbara said:

More cannabis, less cocaine. 

I love this! I mentioned it to my other half on Sunday! 
It deffo makes for a different festival! 

We love a good whinge don't we!

A couple of things I've noticed over the last 2 festivals (since Covid):

1. The festival is busier, we know they upped the ticket numbers but there are definitely more people in general! Staff / security / scousers!
Generally it doesn't matter, you can still escape the crowds if you need to, but it means getting in for anyone you want to see means having to sacrifice at least one or two acts before.

2. The new one way systems and pinch points don't work! 
Have they got new security this year? I felt like none of them new the festival at all and were just pointing people in random directions! 

3. I was in B&W campervans (for the first time) this year and the bus system just didn't work!
 - We waited 40 mins for the bus to leave on Thursday morning. While the driver had a coffee, bacon sandwich, piss then waited for more people to get on! We left an hour and 30 to make it into the gates but were still late! 
 - The buses got stuck in traffic a lot, which meant for a very hot and sticky journey with no air!!  

- The queue on the Sunday night took 2 hours just to get on a bus! 

Still had a great time! I think it'll just be a different festival ongoing. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Neil said:

i have an ee sim and had great data access all week (including all night radio streaming).

Yup, realise my biggest frustration with the festival was something I could have planned ahead for, and nothing to do with the festival's organisation. Very pleased overall. 

Forgot to mention twats who film sets on their phones - nobody is going to want to watch your blurry, constantly moving video footage when they can watch it all professionally filmed on iPlayer. Just stop it, put your phone away, watch the bloody show with your eyes and seer it into your memory

• Upvote 4

is this topic a conspiracy between you all to stop first timers wanting to try for tickets for next year?

because its working on me, haha

all sounds so anxiety inducting and i will stick with my usual smaller festivals

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

is this topic a conspiracy between you all to stop first timers wanting to try for tickets for next year?

because its working on me, haha

all sounds so anxiety inducting and i will stick with my usual smaller festivals

It's possible to have a "smaller festival" experience at Glastonbury if you're just sticking with smaller stages. Because it's so vast everyone can have multiple different experiences of it – as a night time dance festival, seeing big mainstream acts, just cabaret/theatre, or small-mid stage stuff that you might see at eg Green Man. It's perfectly manageable if you go in with the right mindset.

• Like 1

Many (not all, I hasten to add) Sunday ticket holders have an air of entitlement to them when it comes to taking up space, thinking they can reserve space for friends etc

I'm not sure if it's a case of "Keep us happy or we can have this cancelled" or what, but it is quite noticeable exactly who the Sunday tickets holders are. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Didn’t go this year but from this thread and a couple of other threads it looks like it’s slowly changing from the classic Glastonbury vibe to more of a Reading/Leeds vibe… 

nah, I went 07-11 inclusive, and the "post match" threads each year were exactly the same as this, but usually featured more robbery

My biggest gripe is Pylon Ground been turned into crew camping.

As a result Darble was particularly packed by Thursday evening. Any green travellers not wanting or able to find space in Darble were left facing a long walk across the site with all their gear. 

Seems a very odd decision to me, the festival should be doing all it can to encourage green travel not making life harder for us. Hopefully will be reversed next year. 

• Upvote 2

People that don't know how to safely use a flare. They add to the atmosphere and look amazing, but a really dangerous. There were loads of people in the medical tents with burns.

We were really lucky at Jamie Webster, the guy next to us started to swing it round and we got covered in red powder. Wife has a couple of small burns and my clothes are knackered. Could have been a lot worse.

55 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Many (not all, I hasten to add) Sunday ticket holders have an air of entitlement to them when it comes to taking up space, thinking they can reserve space for friends etc

I'm not sure if it's a case of "Keep us happy or we can have this cancelled" or what, but it is quite noticeable exactly who the Sunday tickets holders are. 

They usually don't have mud and sh*t all over them.

33 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Sound bleed from Stonebridge to the Park is ludicrous. It was even a problem during the Pretenders, FFS, so how it works for gentler acts is behind me. 

I don't understand why this happens year after year.  It totally spoils the Park stage atmosphere and makes it hard to listen to a lot of acts.

Surely that person responsible for the Park area is aware of this - as everyone else is.

• Upvote 1

Just now, buddiepaul said:

I don't understand why this happens year after year.  It totally spoils the Park stage atmosphere and makes it hard to listen to a lot of acts.

Surely that person responsible for the Park area is aware of this - as everyone else is.

Yep, it’s been terrible for years. Really puts me off going up there, which is a shame as it’s a lovely part of the site otherwise with a great lineup. 

15 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

People that don't know how to safely use a flare. They add to the atmosphere and look amazing, but a really dangerous. There were loads of people in the medical tents with burns.

We were really lucky at Jamie Webster, the guy next to us started to swing it round and we got covered in red powder. Wife has a couple of small burns and my clothes are knackered. Could have been a lot worse.

My husband absolutely freaked when one went off near us during AM and Elton. He works in martime and was saying about how bad the burns can be. 

Trolleys on the way in slowing entry down and basically making life very difficult; particularly in the zig zag queue which seemed to go on forever at Gate B.

Other than that, no complaints whatsoever. Had a truly wonderful weekend.

Edit: Actually, the sound not being particularly good at certain moments (GnR/Skindred had noticeable issues with guitar levels and some gigs felt a little quiet). All peaks and troughs I suppose, the sound for QOTSA, Royal Blood and Arctics was excellent though I was a bit closer for all of those acts. 

Edited by JA_Watts

Overall I had a brilliant festival. I didn't experience the bottlenecks and dangerous overcrowding that I felt last year apart from on Thursday. Thursday night really needs sorting out tbh as too many people on site trying to do the same limited things. Only other issue was getting off site. We always leave later in the day on the Sunday and usually drive straight out but it was chaos getting out of the Orange car park and I believe people earlier on had to wait hours and hours not ideal when people are already very tired

My first time, and I absolutely adored it.

Main issues are sadly out of Glasto's control:

People talking through sets (f**king hell, why are you here??? At the front of Unknown Mortal Orchestra??? To chat the whole time with your back to the stage????????)

Huge amounts of drug use at the sets we were going to. People just blase with their baggies knowing that it's a festival and no-one will stop them. I'm 25, don't do drugs, nether do any of my friends, but I don't have an issue with you cracking into something as long as you're fairly 'sound' with it. We were in the pit for Elton, and there were a coked up group of 8/10 people our age who were just a complete waste of a spot. Nonstop hugging, chatting anf bouncing around even when Elton was talking to the crowd. Just f**k off to Reading like.

The sitters make me physically irate, to the stage where I stopped avoiding them when trying to pass - if my feet catch you on the way through, stand up.

The only 'issue' I had that the fest themselves can amend is the common view that midnight onwards seems to offer the same DJ set across 70 stages. I like DnB 'a bit' and can boogie away to it for maybe one evening, but it's borderline everywhere after midnight. Add in to that the stages that play it during the day, and it really sours the taste by Saturday/Sunday.