The Levels

Skip997

8 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Aye we were up the Park hill Thursday night and hadn’t been through Silver Hayes so it was quite striking how noticeable the Levels was from there.

They’ve done a really good job with SH, very impressive

Yep it's still not really an area I'd spend much time in but that's me, not them.

It feels like something now. A proper defined area

Think my only issue with Silver Hayes generally is just how far away it is from the SEC. I assume SH cant go on past 2 30 as its closer to resident, but if you want to carry on the night in the SEC it is an almighty walk at that time, so the temptation to stay in the SEC from earlier is strong!

1 hour ago, amongstit97 said:

Think my only issue with Silver Hayes generally is just how far away it is from the SEC. I assume SH cant go on past 2 30 as its closer to resident, but if you want to carry on the night in the SEC it is an almighty walk at that time, so the temptation to stay in the SEC from earlier is strong!

It’s perfect if you only want a couple more hours of music after the headliners though, think it’s open until 3 most nights, maybe just 2:30 on the Sunday?

I thought the crowd management was so good on this stage. For Sub Focus they allowed people in until it was full and then they closed the entrances and turned them all apart from one in to exits. I stood outside and watched but my partner was in there and said it was perfect. 

Silver Hayes as a whole has taken so many big leaps - when I went in 2016 it felt quite soulless, but this year it really felt amazing. Lonely Hearts Club is a great venue also. The only change I would like to see is Lonely Hearts Club having more hip hop I went for Earl Sweatshirt and thought it was great. Silver Hayes 2016 had an insanely good hip hop line up. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, gblock said:

It’s perfect if you only want a couple more hours of music after the headliners though, think it’s open until 3 most nights, maybe just 2:30 on the Sunday?

Yeah I agree. After AM we went back to our tent in Hitchin Hill and then went to watch Fat Boy Slim and Dimension in Silver Hayes. It was so nice not having to walk all the way down to the SE corner

2 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

Yeah I agree. After AM we went back to our tent in Hitchin Hill and then went to watch Fat Boy Slim and Dimension in Silver Hayes. It was so nice not having to walk all the way down to the SE corner

And having to walk all the way back! Went Levels and Arcadia after QOTSA as I was running on 2 hours sleep, perfect end to the festival for me

Sound quality was excellent, great production and plenty large enough as the festival has expanded in numbers.

thumbs up! Only minor issue is no bar or toilets inside so if its full or close you have to go out & come back in

i didnt get the “crowd management” at all. Its completely open so i didnt feel the barriers were necessary as such. i suppose the gaps being designated either in or out does make sense, maybe.

meant there was a bit of a crowd crust but then there was room much further in.

what was the actual point of the containers? You couldn't go in or on them so they served no purpose really? I guess could have been a crowd control thing