This time next week I'll be...

JoeyT

Work done, on my way to Wembley Arena to see Rancid ahead of the early start on Wednesday morning to Victoria Coach Station. The irony is the gig was originally scheduled for Brixton which is only a 25 minute cab home. It getting moved to Wembley Arena means I'm now going to be getting home a lot later than I would have liked. Ahh well, let's be honest, I won't be sleeping much owing to the excitement anyway!

Urgh. About to fill 7.5hrs in front of a keyboard while I know the gates are open. For personal/family/work reasons I know I can’t justify going on the Wednesday but it doesn’t make it any easier when wednesday comes!

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Hoping to be wandering over to my first shift as an Oxfam steward.

Genuinely praying I get the 6am - 2pm shift on the Weds so I can be at the gates to welcome everyone in!

That’s a great shift, it was my first ever shift for oxfam at Glastonbury in 2019 and I got to see Emily and Michael opening the gates and lots of happy people flooding through. Loved it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Hoping to be wandering over to my first shift as an Oxfam steward.

Genuinely praying I get the 6am - 2pm shift on the Weds so I can be at the gates to welcome everyone in!

Exactly my thinking. It would be great to get a shift in early and see the smiling faces.

On 6/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Round about this time I’ll be in Bristol picking up 2 friends, then heading to Templemead to meet my son, and heading south to be spending the evening near the A37.

Watch out for the clean air zone. Huge fines if you don't pay the access charge.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Watch out for the clean air zone. Huge fines if you don't pay the access charge.

One of our kids inadvertently took our 2013 Golf in there. Road tax for the vehicle is zero. But it still needs to pay I think £8 for the clean air zone. They didn’t spot the envelopes and the fine went up to £180 before we even knew about it. 

Sitting miserably at my desk wondering what I'd be doing normally at this time

Which would be lugging half a ton of crap across a hot dusty field...

I'd take that over the desk tbh.

44 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

hopefully at this time I'll be finishing putting up the tents and having a celebratory drink before mentally and physically preparing myself for the second run.

It's getting very real.  

Hoping this is what I’ll be doing by this time as well. Question is.... do I have the celebratory drink before the second run, or not? Think I might just steel myself, get the second run done, in order that I can fully enjoy it.

Note: this approach also rules out the possibility of getting over excited, and visiting the Cider Bus after the celebratory drink and before the second run is done.