Best vegan food at Glastonbury

lac999

Hi all,

It'll be my first trip to Worthy Farm in six years and so my first one since becoming a vegan.

I'm in no doubt that there'll be an abundance of phenomenal food options, but wondered what the standout vegan choices are - either whole stalls worth checking out or specific food on certain stands.

Tikka daal and rice at the Goan fish curry stall (with the fresh green chili sauce) is an absolute must for me. I have a completely veggie day and a completely vegan day and always love the variety. I think I might just love eating! 

My pal is also hopelessly addicted to the vegan chick’n burgers at VFC and they definitely hit that greasy late night spot tbf - been known to partake myself 

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

No Bones Jones is great, near West Holt's (I think it's vegan, may be veggie though can't remember).

NBJ is vegan. The owner's son also has a vegan stall, The Fritter Shack, on your right as you walk from Yeoman's Bridge to the Pyramid. 

2 hours ago, EamerRed said:

For me, Bunnyman's Bunnychow. It's like a hollowed out baguette with chilli and hummous thrown in, and the leftover bread is made into garlic bread. Love it.

Bunnychows isn't vegan, although they probably do a veggie option. 

Anyway, my emphatic answer is NO BONES JONES and THE FRITTER SHACK. Yes I do have a vested interest. However, many would agree with me. There's a reason NBJ has a devoted following over the past 23 years. 

8 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Tikka daal and rice at the Goan fish curry stall (with the fresh green chili sauce) is an absolute must for me. I have a completely veggie day and a completely vegan day and always love the variety. I think I might just love eating! 

My pal is also hopelessly addicted to the vegan chick’n burgers at VFC and they definitely hit that greasy late night spot tbf - been known to partake myself 

I usually eat meat but was almost vegetarian at last year's festival as there was so much fantastic stuff - I think I just had salmon once.  

Oh and I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere in the last couple of days - Twitter? - that VFC isn't there this year.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

I usually eat meat but was almost vegetarian at last year's festival as there was so much fantastic stuff - I think I just had salmon once.  

Oh and I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere in the last couple of days - Twitter? - that VFC isn't there this year.

No not this year, they confirmed in a DM on instagram

No VFC! Oh dear. I’d best work out how  to present this news to my mate, he was there minimum daily last year. Most days twice. This is a proper addiction binge situation, I don’t think daal will hit his drunken late night filth shenanigan cravings 

Bummer re the VFC news. Proper dirty magnificence.

Another vote for Happy Maki and NBJ here.

Also had a great breakfast in the Croissant Neuf field last year with proper plates and cutlery.

There used to be a good place in The Park called The Parsnip Ship, but haven’t seen it the past couple of festivals?

Edited by The Red Telephone

Darn. Was going to try VFC this year as forgot last year.

Leon vegetarian in West Holts field is really great but not sure what they do vegan wise.  They normally are open on the Tuesday so has been my go to place on that day.