Reactions to the full lineup

goonerben

49 minutes ago, concerned said:

Feels like there is much less on Wednesday this year? CTRL + F for Wednesday on the 2022 lineup finds 25 matches, same on the 2023 only brings up 15.

Hopefully there will be a few interesting bits to wander around and find.... 

More gets added, last year around this time I looked at Wednesday and I swear there was barely anything on. I even had a friend ask if it was even worth going. 

Some of the Wednesday stuff in 2022 might be them adding things the week before or afterwards. 

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

It was 7 a day on the Pyramid in 2019 and 2022

Not been since 2016, of the ones I’ve been to on the Pyramid;

2002 9 Friday and Saturday, 8 Sunday 

2003 8 Friday, 9 Saturday and Sunday

2004 10 Friday, 9 Saturday and Sunday 

2010 8 every day

2013 8 Friday, 7 Saturday and Sunday 

2014 8 every day

2016 8 every day

So it is a drop, but some of those are before the Park or the Naughty Corner existed too. Official capacity’s gone up by 50% since my first and ticket up by 330%.. I don’t plan on spending that much time around the Pyramid anyway, but it does leave a bit of a weird taste for me. 

I don’t know what the going rates are for whatever slots at Glastonbury, but I know the days when a decent slot and a BBC broadcast could help you sell a load of albums are long gone. Might help a few acts get a couple of quid’s worth of Spotify streams… wonder if 7 a day on the Pyramid is gonna be it now or if they’re gonna aim for 8/9 again once the ticket tops £400.. 

• Upvote 1

Ben Howard seems like a bit of a low-key way to open the other stage on Friday. Do we think there’s a possibility someone else could appear before him?

Just to add to the general noise of this thread, I’m pretty happy with this lineup. Not as good as last year, but better than 2017 to my mind.

I honestly don't know what everyone is on about here. For me seeing the lineup has truly put to bed anything about "glastonbudget". 

I would have a clash pretty much constantly with a choice of acts to go and see. 

Every venue in Silver Hayes is open until 3am on four days. That's another 8 acts on levels compared to sonic and about 21 hours more content in that area. 

There's 5 venues on the lineup in Shangri-la now, a new one and reworkings of gas tower and a bigger platform 23. 

BBC intro is doing until 11pm, another 6 hours of operation. 

The pyramid has 1 less act then last year (it wasn't 9 acts a day)

Alongside numerous other changes. It's gonna be great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Where's the poster?" Was my first question. Are they going to wait to make one til the tba's show up and also reveal Pulp as the churnups to make it look better? Picked a good year to not be going at least. Considering people are freaking out over Queens Of The Stone Age thats not an insanely high bar on expectations this year.

A few tough clashes but some nice random nuggets sprinkled in. The scheduling this time really seems to be more for crowd control than anything. Chems dj set being against the  main stage headliners was to prevent any madness. Even Four Tet on iicon had to be a way to not make everyone assume its PHM or something even though its not possible.

example in the glade is going to be really out of place and everyones gonna be standing around trying to listen. But luckily Lekkido will save everyone.

Edited by Suprefan

Last year to me was almost completely wall to wall with stuff to watch, with 2 of the best possible Pyramid headliners ever in the same year and a third that was also decent. This year I have about 3 must sees (Earl Sweatshirt, TWOD and Thundercat) and two of them are on at the exact same time. Added frustration as well at the omission of Denzel Curry who has days to spare where he could have shown up and has been overlooked.

But, there is still loads I want to see or check out, all day and a lot of the night too. It's been said a lot of times now but the festival can only get what's available, and nit picking aside they have got almost all of the best of what was available. So kudos to them. I can't wait.

I don't know what you're all talking about with a weak lineup...you've got Lekiddo several times over, what more could you want?! 🤣

In all honesty though, I think it's a great varied lineup. Not many of my all time favourites but I've still got clashes even amongst all the smaller acts.

Very distorted views on here. This website is full of music lovers who have been doing festivals for YEARS and go to several gigs a year. It's going to look underwhelming to you because you've seen most of it before, duh?! 

I'm a mum, I don't get to party much any more due to costs and childcare so i'm not as versed as a lot of you. Like I said, there's not my all time favourites there (Shy FX randomly wins for me with some of my favourite songs of all time, and he probably won't even play them because....DJ). But there is literally HUNDREDS of acts to explore and discover there and i'm buzzing. So if you're not that excited, I'm sorry to say but it's a 'you' thing. Realistically, it's off the charts as always and you're not gonna find that many big acts all together in one weekend anywhere else!! Stop being ungrateful or just give your ticket back for someone new who's been desperately trying for years because I'm getting bored of this negative conversation now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

In all honesty though, I think it's a great varied lineup. Not many of my all time favourites but I've still got clashes even amongst all the smaller acts.

Stop being ungrateful or just give your ticket back for someone new who's been desperately trying for years because I'm getting bored of this negative conversation now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well said.

Top post.

26 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I don't know what you're all talking about with a weak lineup...you've got Lekiddo several times over, what more could you want?! 🤣

Very distorted views on here. This website is full of music lovers who have been doing festivals for YEARS and go to several gigs a year. It's going to look underwhelming to you because you've seen most of it before, duh?! 

I'm a mum, I don't get to party much any more due to costs and childcare so i'm not as versed as a lot of you. Like I said, there's not my all time favourites there (Shy FX randomly wins for me with some of my favourite songs of all time, and he probably won't even play them because....DJ). But there is literally HUNDREDS of acts to explore and discover there and i'm buzzing. So if you're not that excited, I'm sorry to say but it's a 'you' thing. Realistically, it's off the charts as always and you're not gonna find that many big acts all together in one weekend anywhere else!! Stop being ungrateful or just give your ticket back for someone new who's been desperately trying for years because I'm getting bored of this negative conversation now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Usually I’d agree with this sentiment but there’s definitely a case to be made that this year has suffered from the relative lack of touring acts (just like every other major fest). In particular, Sunday on the main stages pre-8pm looks really pretty feeble - highlighted by the choice of Cat Stevens as the Pyramid Legend. Much as that set will be brilliant it’s a clear step down from the Kylies/Diana Ross’ of the world that people have come to expect. I can go along with the idea that “it’s Glastonbury so there’ll always be something to do” but in a year with a big ticket price hike it doesn’t look great. 

A cynical person might suggest that a higher-than-usual amount of the main stages budget has gone on Elton and GnR (particularly Reg as he rearranged existing tour dates to play). 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

In particular, Sunday on the main stages pre-8pm looks really pretty feeble - highlighted by the choice of Cat Stevens as the Pyramid Legend, much as that set will be brilliant.

That's what the main stages are for though.

Not inc West Holts

Edited by Skip997

3 hours ago, -TLR- said:

he showed himself to be such a delusional idiot that day - he had his band set up and was conducting them like he believed he was Bruce leading the E Street Band.

don't think i've ever seen an "artist" with an opinion of themselves so far removed from reality.

and those people dragged along a full size door, painted green, and he didn't play it!

And the audience wanted Merry Christmas Everyone and he refused to play that as well! 

I love the line up.

I don't think the main stages are as strong as previous years, in fact once you take into consideration clashes I think I'll only be seeing 5-6 acts across the big 5.

But when you throw in Silver Hayes, SE Corner, Glade, Glade Dome and San Remo I've got 40-50 acts/DJs I'm really keen to see. 

Big change up from last year when I think I saw 8 on The Pyramid alone!

21 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Usually I’d agree with this sentiment but there’s definitely a case to be made that this year has suffered from the relative lack of touring acts (just like every other major fest). In particular, Sunday on the main stages pre-8pm looks really pretty feeble - highlighted by the choice of Cat Stevens as the Pyramid Legend. Much as that set will be brilliant it’s a clear step down from the Kylies/Diana Ross’ of the world that people have come to expect. I can go along with the idea that “it’s Glastonbury so there’ll always be something to do” but in a year with a big ticket price hike it doesn’t look great. 

A cynical person might suggest that a higher-than-usual amount of the main stages budget has gone on Elton and GnR (particularly Reg as he rearranged existing tour dates to play). 

Kylie shite for me but pleased that she had a massive crowd and they all had a great time ...Diana was great now shite but again huge crowd and everyone has a great time. Cat Stevens is brilliant...not for me but still brilliant and Iam sure he'll have a great crowd.,...point being each year they'll be a different style of legend or tea time slot and it won't always suit what we personally like .

Probably not as much on there for me as last year but that gives a good opportunity to discover new stuff and drift about without much FOMO

To be fair I'd be happy with a couple of hours of Eavis playing the Spoons and singing out of tune so Im easily pleased as long as Im there!

Edited by rubenz

Apart from a couple of redeeming acts it’s the worst pyramid and other stage line-ups I’ve seen since I started going in 2004.

The other areas look decent to good though.

Anyway, it’s glastonbury so it will be amazing. I didn’t manage to get a ticket this year and I’m very jealous of you all. 

1 minute ago, Chip Batch said:

Apart from a couple of redeeming acts it’s the worst pyramid and other stage line-ups I’ve seen since I started going in 2004.

The other areas look decent to good though.

Anyway, it’s glastonbury so it will be amazing. I didn’t manage to get a ticket this year and I’m very jealous of you all. 

Worst for you great for others... That's the beauty of Glastonbury 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people get berated for not liking a line up. Music is subjective and it's not going to please everyone. "give your ticket up then" posts don't really add much to the conversation.

For me there's a strong handful of acts I want to see but definitely a lot less than normal, I have large 4-5 hour gaps on some days and everyone I want to see is all crammed together which sucks. That's not to say I won't discover someone amazing when I have a chance to go through all the unknown bands.

For me though under first impression it feels like they are trying to save money where they can. There's Williams Green being scrapped so I feel like we've lost a big chunk of decent sized acts performing on the Wednesday which really used to get my weekend started. The comedy acts are pretty weak for me this year. And too many TBA's. Why can't they just release the line up in full. Might be in the minority but would scrap secret sets altogether. Let people see who they want to see and be done with it. 

For me personally after 6 years out of the game due to getting married, kids, the pandemic, this line is a very long awaited tonic to the rigours of every day life and there's plenty on the line-up for me to be happy about.

Not really sure what people are moaning about and as others have said, if certain bands aren't touring, then you can't magically make them come and appear at the Farm, not unless they LOVE the place like Coldplay - and even then people would moan.

Obviously, it's all subjective, it's fantastic. Friday is Clash-City.

Talk of it being #GlastoBudget is just farcical, when they've just invested in a new massive artistic sculpture/performance circle at WG, created Woodsies into a proper area instead of just a single tent on its tod, and they're remodelling Silver Hayes with the Levels AND invited one of the best SH line-ups ever to grace the festival.

There. I've had a beer and deep into the Clashfinder and it's mint 😁

• Upvote 3