The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

Welcome Iggy. 👋

It's been a tough few months for this community, and like many I've despaired at the way things have gone and have had to bite my tongue on many occasions (unsuccessfully on some 🙈). I'm sure that despite all that has transpired we're all grateful to Neil for creating eFestivals and giving this community a place to thrive and grow, and become much greater than the sum of its parts or contribution of any one individual. However it's been clear for some time that things weren't working out, and it's great to see a positive approach moving forward - I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the direction you take things in, and I wish you every success in your new venture. 

On a personal level, I owe eFests an enormous debt of gratitude because it has given me a group of friends for life, and I know that sentiment is shared by all of our (now several hundred strong) group. I hope that with renewed focus and positivity it can continue to do the same for hundreds of others in the future.

Hope your first day "in the office" so to speak gets better, and if you're on the farm in a few weeks I'd love to buy you a cider. 🍻 

And yes, you too Neil, because despite disagreeing and having quite strong feelings about some of what you've said and done more recently I still recognise the enormous contribution you've made to so many of us over the years via this community. I hope that you can find some peace now and focus on your health. 

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Any chance of changing the topic tittle back to what it was … I’ve no intention of damaging any brand just meeting up with a load of guys in a field for a cider 🙂 

Please may I join, I am not a guy 😉 

Maybe for sake of harmony the thread should be named 'forum meet' , then its not taking your name or efests name, and we may see some harmony - whichever way I'll be there 

Can we have a picture of Iggy and maybe have the first Iggy meet without his attendance 

Welcome Iggy 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm working on it. I think it's fair to say my style is very different to the previous management, for better or worse. I'm quite disappointed at what has unfolded here and I do hope that you all will be understanding as a transition in ownership does take a little while. I do believe Neil's intent is good but this is not the way I would want things handled. I would love to encourage the community to thrive and grow, not stifle it in any way. I'll see if I can reach out to some of the individuals effected to see what reparations can be made.

Welcome aboard Iggy and the very best of luck with your new acquisition - a lot of folks are banking on you, no pressure! 😀🤞

Welcome Iggy.

I’m hoping to attend a meet up, not been to the festival (and a meet up) since 2017 and being ticketless up until this year, I haven’t been on this site much over the last few years.

I remember plucking up the courage to attend my first meet up, mainly to meet people who had helped me secure tickets that year - I met some lovely people, I got insanely wasted, got help getting back to my tent (other half said it was like dragging someone out of the Somme) and had to go for an ‘early bath’ and threw up in my tent.

I hope to pace myself this time and take it steady - but I probably won’t - it is glastonbury after all 

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This might explain why I missed you last year ..... I’d probably been and gone by the time you turned up..... be great to catch up again this year.

Yeah, we were on a late coach so by the time tents were up and we'd got some food and a few ciders en route quite a few people had departed. Be good to see a few more people this time

Well this thread has been quite the ride!

I'm going to try and make it down this year.  I'm sure I've said that most years but this year I'm going to make more of an effort and set a reminder on my phone to tell me to get my arse to the R&F. be good see you all and put some names to faces!

30 minutes ago, Essex_George said:

I'm slightly hungover this morning and reading this thread hasn't helped, will there be a flag at the meet or not?!

at the moment, no.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Wow this is the thread to end all threads: sadness, humour, pathos, anger, fear, disgust, tragedy, surprise, insanity, and finally optimism.

Beats that useless Shakespeare hands down.

🤣 I'm out of upvotes too but this is spot on 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Ah, yes. That’s me. You got me. Can’t believe you so easily saw through the fact I was staff on the Stronger In Europe campaign, am an elected member of the only UK political party which currently advocates for rejoining the EU, and all these posts: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/search/?&q=Brexit&author=blutarsky&search_and_or=or

You're fooling no one with the old 'pro European' gambit.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't even know there was a flag!

apologies for not having mentioned it, i just went looking for the photos of it, which were used in the meet up topics for the last few festivals, the photos is lost, was hosted on some amazon webspace i rented for a while. when i stopped renting it  was meant to be copied across back to here, seems that didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Gives me the prompt to say I've always thought the branding was dodgy.

0JtZCIzb_400x400.jpg

hat wrong with the dancing man ?it gives a strong identity  - my choice of that was one of the better decisions i made when i set this up.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

apologies for not having mentioned it, i just went looking for the photos of it, which were used in the meet up topics for the last few festivals, the photos is lost, was hosted on some amazon webspace i rented for a while. when i stopped renting it  was meant to be copied across back to here, seems that didn't happen.

981322A1-6260-4CB0-8B2F-3742C4617DA6.jpeg