woodsies

Crazyfool01

I wonder if the poster is in running order like we suspect West Holts was. In which case, we're looking at:

FRI: Hot Chip / Warpaint / Maneskin / Slowdive / Cat Burns / The Big Moon / Bru-C / The Sixsters

SAT: Christine & the Queens / Rina Sawayama / Editors / Pale Waves / Digga D / Flo / Wunderhorse / The Last Dinner Party

SUN:  Phoenix / Caroline Polachek / Courteeners / Shame / The Murder Capital / Working Men's Club / CMAT / The Love Buzz 

6 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I asked them about two weeks ago and they said they weren't playing - just said that they only got booked last week. Mad to me how late it can happen! 

Really! That is pretty wild, I guess bits of it must come together at the last minute! I would have been surprised if they weren't there tbh, they are getting a big push at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I wonder if the poster is in running order like we suspect West Holts was. In which case, we're looking at:

FRI: Hot Chip / Warpaint / Maneskin / Slowdive / Cat Burns / The Big Moon / Bru-C / The Sixsters

SAT: Christine & the Queens / Rina Sawayama / Editors / Pale Waves / Digga D / Flo / Wunderhorse / The Last Dinner Party

SUN:  Phoenix / Caroline Polachek / Courteeners / Shame / The Murder Capital / Working Men's Club / CMAT / The Love Buzz 

That looks about right

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

It’s not.

Cat Burns is saturday

The murder capital are 2pm Friday 

4 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Really! That is pretty wild, I guess bits of it must come together at the last minute! I would have been surprised if they weren't there tbh, they are getting a big push at the moment. 

Not sure why, a single song on Spotify. Disappointed that they have a slot when harder working bands haven't been announced. Snacks of having the right type of PR!

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not much there for me. I might be in the minority, but the line up has not inspired me at all so far.

Hoping the Glade & the Park pull it out of the bag.

Looking forward to the HU on the WH, but Im not buzzing like I am usually.

The Woodsies...nothing there appeals much. 

It's gradually picking up for me.  Woodsies and Shangri-La have added quite a few into the mix, but I know what you mean. Musically I'm certainly not as hyped as I was last year, but then every year can't be a banger!

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not much there for me. I might be in the minority, but the line up has not inspired me at all so far.

Hoping the Glade & the Park pull it out of the bag.

Looking forward to the HU on the WH, but Im not buzzing like I am usually.

The Woodsies...nothing there appeals much. 

I'm with you, never been as underwhelmed as this with only 6 weeks to go. 

10 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Not sure why, a single song on Spotify. Disappointed that they have a slot when harder working bands haven't been announced. Snacks of having the right type of PR!

Sure yes, not a comment on how good or hard working they are one way or the other, it was more based on the fact they have a big PR company doing their promo rather than anything else. But that has been fairly well documented.  

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

1 minute ago, Boomtowner said:

They've been playing regular shows the last couple of years largely around the 'Windmill' scene and have improved every time I've seen them. Couldn't be happier for them, none of them with any of the classic industry connections which seem to be the case for a lot of new bands these days. 

There's a fair few full live sets on youtube that have getting a lot of buzz recently which have obviously helped labels take note and get some good PR out there 

I'm more interested in the area than the line up to be honest.  Once in a Blue Moon and the campfire should set the vibe nicely.  Great additions.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm more interested in the area than the line up to be honest.  Once in a Blue Moon and the campfire should set the vibe nicely.  Great additions.

Who or what are Once in a Blue Moon - seems to be about 4 different artists on spotify with that name but maybe spotify is an entirely inappropriate place to be looking?

8 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

They've been playing regular shows the last couple of years largely around the 'Windmill' scene and have improved every time I've seen them. Couldn't be happier for them, none of them with any of the classic industry connections which seem to be the case for a lot of new bands these days. 

There's a fair few full live sets on youtube that have getting a lot of buzz recently which have obviously helped labels take note and get some good PR out there 

yeah by all accounts they have a super duper PR company now which probably helped but they're meant to be class live and the single is great, so why not deserve an opening slot? looking forward to seeing them

• Like 1

Typical that Slowdive finally play the year I didn't get a ticket. Gutted. Loads of stuff here alone that I would be happy with - Warpaint, Editors, Shame, Murder Capital, Working Mens Club, Big Moon just to name a few.

1 minute ago, Riggins said:

yeah by all accounts they have a super duper PR company now which probably helped but they're meant to be class live and the single is great, so why not deserve an opening slot? looking forward to seeing them

They really are good live, seen them a few times and very well deserved of opening the stage!