woodsies

Crazyfool01

Almost exactly as thought that they would try and create a bigger attraction out of the whole NW corner. Excited to see the new area in all its glory. Can see it being a big draw on Wednesday and Thurs night. Should be good competition for the William's Green area.

From the line-up though, looks like my Friday night headliner is confirmed. 

29 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I wonder if the poster is in running order like we suspect West Holts was. In which case, we're looking at:

FRI: Hot Chip / Warpaint / Maneskin / Slowdive / Cat Burns / The Big Moon / Bru-C / The Sixsters

SAT: Christine & the Queens / Rina Sawayama / Editors / Pale Waves / Digga D / Flo / Wunderhorse / The Last Dinner Party

SUN:  Phoenix / Caroline Polachek / Courteeners / Shame / The Murder Capital / Working Men's Club / CMAT / The Love Buzz 

I reckon levels are about right, we may find it aligns with our day info if we stick 3 random tbas in

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Ta - hopefully check it out either Fri or Sat evening - two potential headliners there!

Fri HC is almost nailed for me barring some late addition somewhere else. Saturday will be all about Axl and the lads for me.

It's a shame that Woodsies is in the opposite corner to SEC because I wanted to catch Skindred too after Hot Chip... But now looks very unlikely. Dang it.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Fri HC is almost nailed for me barring some late addition somewhere else. Saturday will be all about Axl and the lads for me.

It's a shame that Woodsies is in the opposite corner to SEC because I wanted to catch Skindred too after Hot Chip... But now looks very unlikely. Dang it.

For Friday my heart says Young Fathers -> Saw Doctors -> Hot Chip but my head and body says something needs to be dropped 😄 

18 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Who or what are Once in a Blue Moon - seems to be about 4 different artists on spotify with that name but maybe spotify is an entirely inappropriate place to be looking?

It's a cafe and music venue that appears at quite a lot of smaller festivals, sometimes functions as an after hours area at festivals like Noisily and Warm up. 

210819_WARMUPFESTIVAL_2021_JakeDavis_@jakephilipdavis-4073-1.thumb.jpg.94ea6507e9cc67dc9587c5e53e1f87ba.jpg 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not much there for me. I might be in the minority, but the line up has not inspired me at all so far.

Hoping the Glade & the Park pull it out of the bag.

Looking forward to the HU on the WH, but Im not buzzing like I am usually.

The Woodsies...nothing there appeals much. 

I’ll be watching hot chip and maybe working mens and thats it. Its fine but its not great and lots of this has been very very easy to see at any festival.

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ooh yeah HC to skindred is one hell of a trek. God damn you glasto!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's a cafe and music venue that appears at quite a lot of smaller festivals, sometimes functions as an after hours area at festivals like Noisily and Warm up. 

210819_WARMUPFESTIVAL_2021_JakeDavis_@jakephilipdavis-4073-1.thumb.jpg.94ea6507e9cc67dc9587c5e53e1f87ba.jpg 

Out of upvotes but looks lovely!  Feel like there was something similar-looking in greenfields about 2009, friend dragged me there for a chai and a smoke a few times but didn't spot anything quite like it in the years after.

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Can see it being a big draw on Wednesday and Thurs night. Should be good competition for the William's Green area.

With there being no stage at WG this year I don't know if crowds will gravitate there on Thurs as usual. I expect anywhere else that has anything on to be absolutely rammed.

6 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I’ll be watching hot chip and maybe working mens and thats it. Its fine but its not great and lots of this has been very very easy to see at any festival.

Feel like this is the problem with a lot of this years lineup - a lot of your standard U.K. festival fodder who are constantly doing the rounds. Still gonna be a clashtastic nightmare for everybody I’m sure, but not too many unmissable must sees (although still a handful, of course).

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Wunderhorse very good.

Newcomer here, any pics of the area? Is it pretty small stage and intimate or no?

Its a massive tent, one of the biggest in the country. probably holds around 10-15k people maybe

Like the look of the lineup and glad to see CATQ confirmed for Sat and not Sun as originally thought. That’s Sat night headliner fixed for me. 

Agree Maneskin will be heaving, but surely not worse than others who’ve played there before eg Killers. last year Sigrid and George Ezra really busy inside and outside the tent too. 

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Skindred rumoured to be thursday night, no? all your scheduling issues could be sorted! 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Newcomer here, any pics of the area? Is it pretty small stage and intimate or no?

Its a new area this year. I assume the tent will be the same as always but some of the other things on the poster are new additions so no one has pic of exactly how its going to look.

Sadly there are no absolute must-sees on there this year, which is a shame. I like that tent. Slowdive is a welcome addition, but they're on the "if nothing else is on" pile. As much as I love Hot Chip, I can't see it being anything different to the times I've seen them over the past few years, so I'll probably forego them for an early night in the SEC

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

Happy that they've tried to expand the area, sounds great.  Will have to wander over on Weds for a look.

The one act I really want to see on the line up is Rina.  Putting her up against Lizzo is a hate crime.

• Like 2