Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf they're yet to announce anything for the UK, which you imagine is still their core market despite doing it extensively last year.

I imagine a show or two might be pencilled in. Maybe.

Couple of festival shows to promote an autumn/winter tour? We can but dream!

19 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Couple of festival shows to promote an autumn/winter tour? We can but dream!

There's nothing suitable left other than Glasto really - so hopefully that eh

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's nothing suitable left other than Glasto really - so hopefully that eh

I really thought they'd have got booked for one of the Eden Sessions, either this year or last. 

On 2/27/2024 at 7:45 AM, GrumpyRaver said:

It was a nod to it being the anniversary of This Is Hardcore, nothing more than that

They also played it a lot during their last reunion tour, and in fact i think it got it's live debut at The Park secret set in 2011.

7 hours ago, Dark Star said:

I really thought they'd have got booked for one of the Eden Sessions, either this year or last. 

This is exactly what I had thought and hoped. I saw them there in 2002. I’ve asked a few questions and there are no signs of it happening…on the plus side we do have Suede in June…I’m assuming you’re a fan?

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Jarvis Cocker teases more Pulp shows and discusses new project ‘Biophobia’ (nme.com)

It's at the bottom of this piece but Jarvis says that Pulp will be touring both this and next year. Could be interesting to see where these shows will appear, and indeed if Glasto is on the list.

Fantastic news

6 hours ago, Chef said:

Elton style sign off next year? 

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed, but it just feels like a stretch. They've been there to take this year while the festival have seemingly scrambled to fill a slot, and appear to have not even entered the conversation, by all accounts and chatter.

But ninety minutes from Jarvis and the team - if we knew it would be their final tour - would be fitting. Perhaps because it may not be, it seems a little redundant.

There's no way they are headlining unless its their final UK show

which seems unlikely (well unlikely to be true anyway - they will be back again eventually i think)

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, they're not calling it quits for good unless something pretty bad happens.

I thought pre-tour Candida had said it was definitely the last for her for health reasons? So it's a question of if they'd tour without her.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, Chef said:

Elton style sign off next year? 

Well Jarvis has said they're touring in 2025 as per the link above, so I assume maybe there'll be some kind of final encore here in the UK. If the where is trickier to guess - Sheffield Arena would make sense but that was the finale of their first reunion tour in 2012 and they also did a pair of nights there last year anyway.

Though the idea of a Glasto goodbye is an intriguing one, not least given its iconography in the band's history. I guess we'll see first if they are planned to be around for this year's edition.

Edited by charlierc

The venue's website from the announced Amsterdam show says the following:

Fans kunnen zich klaarmaken voor een exclusieve show in de hoofdstad. Onze omringende landen en zelfs de UK worden aankomende zomer overgeslagen.

Translated:

Fans can get ready for an exclusive show in the capital. Our surrounding countries and even the UK will be skipped this summer.

Should I be worried? No Pulp at Glasto?

Edited by sokkovokna

9 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

The venue's website from the announced Amsterdam show says the following:

Fans kunnen zich klaarmaken voor een exclusieve show in de hoofdstad. Onze omringende landen en zelfs de UK worden aankomende zomer overgeslagen.

Translated:

Fans can get ready for an exclusive show in the capital. Our surrounding countries and even the UK will be skipped this summer.

Should I be worried? No Pulp at Glasto?

I've been thinking next year is more likely for a while now

glasto often is an exception to exclusivity things though its worth noting

If they’re calling it an ‘exclusive’, it must be a headline show exclusive as they have several other European festival performances scheduled - Sweden, Norway, Spain, Portugal and Greece. So I don’t think this rules out Glastonbury.

However the talk of more shows in 2025 I think is more likely to rule them out for this year, finish the reunion tour at Glastonbury next year.

Probably the act that, in my mind, make sense that they should be there that I would be most gutted if they aren't there.  They were magnificent last year and I would love to see them in the Pyramid Sub slot.

I'm going to casually ignore the Amsterdam website and cling onto the dream 🙂