Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Absolutely brilliant at Finsbury last night. Barn stormer of a set.

Ah if only they had done Glastonbury. I wonder what the chances of them still playing next year. 

I’m not normally someone who chases nostalgia but would still love to see them on the farm. 

51 minutes ago, lander89 said:

Has anyone been to Sheffield before? assume there's no golden circle there doesn't show on the main map but you can never know these days, will get there a few hours before opening if there is one but will arrive later if they don't.

arenas rarely have them, i think they're a safety feature of outdoor gigs

4 hours ago, lander89 said:

Has anyone been to Sheffield before? assume there's no golden circle there doesn't show on the main map but you can never know these days, will get there a few hours before opening if there is one but will arrive later if they don't.

Until about 2010 Sheffield Arena had a very, very, very, very weird Front Standing and Rear Standing setup.

The standing area was cut in half through the middle. Wasn't gold circle or anything, just two designated blocks. Very odd.

On 6/29/2023 at 1:57 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Ticketmaster have added LOADS of seats and standing tickets for both Sheffield nights. Just got standing for Saturday at face value!

Legend, I couldnt attend on saturday in the end due to work, just bagged some tickets for next friday, thanks for the info

4 hours ago, briddj said:

Until about 2010 Sheffield Arena had a very, very, very, very weird Front Standing and Rear Standing setup.

The standing area was cut in half through the middle. Wasn't gold circle or anything, just two designated blocks. Very odd.

Finsbury Park appeared to be split into 3 standing blocks so, if nothing else, would be consistent with such aggressive crowd splits if they still had that.

38 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Finsbury Park appeared to be split into 3 standing blocks so, if nothing else, would be consistent with such aggressive crowd splits if they still had that.

Yes but at Finsbury Park it's free flow, subject to capacity. 

12 hours ago, fullfathom5 said:

Agreed, nice we got Razzmatazz at the end too.

I was disapointed they didn't play Lipgloss, my favourite of theirs. Razzmatazz is probably my 2nd though so at least we got that. It was a good set but I felt it missed something. I had been listening to His n Hers and Different Class a lot over the last week and felt like live they didn't really sound right, I only ever saw them once back in the day and their first reformation (Glasto '99 & Hyde Park in 11) so maybe they never sounded like the records live. Maybe not having Steve and Russell there took something away, the bass player looked like he was phoning it in. Sorry to be so negative, I realise some other folk loved it so maybe it's just me - maybe the sound just wasn't the best where we were stood.

And don't get me started on the queue for the bar.

Edited by Johnnyseven

9 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I was disapointed they didn't play Lipgloss, my favourite of theirs. Razzmatazz is probably my 2nd though so at least we got that. It was a good set but I felt it missed something. I had been listening to His n Hers and Different Class a lot over the last week and felt like live they didn't really sound right, I only ever saw them once back in the day and their first reformation (Glasto '99 & Hyde Park in 11) so maybe they never sounded like the records live. Maybe not having Steve and Russell there took something away, the bass player looked like he was phoning it in. Sorry to be so negative, I realise some other folk loved it so maybe it's just me - maybe the sound just wasn't the best where we were stood.

And don't get me started on the queue for the bar.

Was there at Finsbury Park, loved it - and no sound issues where I was standing.  I'd never seen Pulp before, and didn't imagine I ever would as a reunion never looked likely.

I'd give the set 10/10... but interested to know opinions on set length?  I was at Guns n' Roses in Hyde Park the day before - they played for a mammoth (and very energetic!) 3 hours.  I think that goes beyond what anyone would expect from a band.  But... it was weird to then have Pulp play for just under 90 minutes.  Felt a little short for a big headlining outdoor set.  I think a couple more songs from His n' Hers and one from This is Hardcore would have been enough.  On the other hand, the set really packed a punch, and I guess bands play the length of set they are comfortable with, which is how it should be of course.