West holts lineup

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Gets even better towards the end of the gig. Like Led Zeps  Kashmir.  Clashes are going to be inevitable, and I’m going to need some powers of persuasion and diplomacy to get Mrs C to see them😉

They sound brilliant, I'll deffo try to see them

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A second version of the poster has appeared and they're still MIA. If I was banking on them I'd now be getting a wee bit concerned.

The only new acts on the second version are the newly announced WH acts.

They weren't just going to slip QOTSA in there.

If they're playing, they'll likely be announced with the many other acts that are still TBA for the other stages/Other Stage.

4 hours ago, Deviceing said:

Thinking the initial poster was supposed to have Other headliners on the second line, and they had to change it last minute because QOTSA dropped out. Makes that little outburst a bit more understandable.

Nah, they could have just put out the poster with a second line of LDR, Wizkid and Cat Stevens if that was the case.

They obviously just wanted to put out a poster with the headliners (plus bumped up Lizzo to fend of criticism of the all-male, mostly white headliners), and then the rest in alphabetical order.

Then LDR acted like an arsehole, and they've decided to stick the so far announced Other headliners and other Pyramid sub onto the next line, along with Stevens, now that they're doing an updated poster with the WH acts.

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It’s a total fucking joy

I can't wait, I'm buzzing for her set to be more headline-extra. I think she's a great option against AM. 

On another note...anyone else feel like they've dropped the WH poster early so they can add names to the main poster to disguise bumping some people up to keep them happy?

It seems the WH poster is listed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday Sunday repeat to finish. All confirmations and rumours have so far lined up with this theory and if you separate it out the order of acts looks very sensible. It would put The Hu on around legend time on Sunday based on last years clashfinder (which is annoying).

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 23.28.01.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

It seems the WH poster is listed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday Sunday repeat to finish. All confirmations and rumours have so far lined up with this theory and if you separate it out the order of acts looks very sensible. It would put The Hu on around legend time on Sunday based on last years clashfinder (which is annoying).

If that’s how it panned out then I’d be pretty damn happy to spend a chunk of my Sunday at Holts with that run of BCNR > Sudan Archives > The Hu, even if the Cat Stevens clash would be pretty annoying. 

Could even be convinced to do Joey Bada$$ > Young Fathers > Kelis on the Friday.

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Wanna see the response to The Hu when theyre busting out Mongolian Throat Metal in the afternoon.

What was the Coachella response - video of it looks pants, seems like a ridiculous excuse for a stage.  I think WH will be up for it.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Lol why the hell would they put them on such a small stage. Lets put an arena act on the 3rd smallest stage just for kicks.

You've been told that what's a thing in America isn't actually reflective of the rest of the world before right?  The Chicks have fewer monthly listeners than Rudimental (which is pretty poor by WH standards) and seem to be inexplicably popular in Australia.  Possibly they played Muriel's second wedding?

image.png.20c26b931357c30af8ef0f7a1b4e1040.png

9 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

Mahalia v Lizzo is a brutal clash

14 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

In case anyone is interested here is a playlist of all on the West Holts. Top two tracks plus latest release from everyone on the poster

Thank you for this! I've found it really useful and now have a whole load of acts I want to see on West Holts. In particular, The Hu, AK Dan Guang Chil, Ya Ya Bey, Kanda Bongo Man and Star Feminine Band. So yeah, thanks!