Elton John guest appearances

StoneCircle

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He cant do "Don't go breaking my heart"  without someone. I think he'll do that at Worthy.

Plus, Dont let the sun..  The GM version as a duet is Iconic now. Bigger than the original. His last UK gig, he needs to pull someone out for that in my opinion. Not just anyone either. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen....... Adele"

She'd nail it beyond belief.

I think you're bang on with this.

DLTS is such an iconic song, it'll be someone big.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gaga

Well, HOLY SH1T I’m almost crying just thinking of this as a possibility.

I’ve been dreaming of Gaga at Glastonbury for years now.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Now that would be special.

She can then get the vibe of the Pyramid and return to headline in 2024. 

YES!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Not Britney. Also, temper your expectations. If he bas no guests, will you say it wasnt that good? 

Genuine question to you (as I have absolutely no clue) has Macartney brought out both Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen on the same night on his recent tour?

This is Elton’s last UK date on his last tour at the biggest festival in the world and a performance that will likely be broadcast to millions. People will literally be falling over themselves to guest perform with him.

Nobody will give a shiny shit if he has zero guests, but the notion people should temper their expectations around it is somewhat absurd, there are zero reasons for doing so.

Edited by Jose Pose

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Not Britney. Also, temper your expectations. If he bas no guests, will you say it wasnt that good? 

There is absolutely no way whatsoever Elton doesn’t have any guests.  

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

No one really knows that Gary Barlow did backing vocals on Can You Feel The Love Tonight

but at Glastonbury 2023

THEY'RE GOING TO FIND OUT

Wow, TIL!

Also the suggestion of Adele makes so much sense, I can't explain why but it just feels like she'd be perfect for it 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe Michael's just flat out not a fan.  There have been rumours over the years that Elton wasn't a fan of the place so maybe word had got back to him.  Maybe Emily's had to do some serious diplomacy to make this happen.

This is all speculation tbf.

Is it possible that with the lack of other announcements people are over analysing? 

Maybe the person who does his socials thanked her because she'd been liking tweets about him, or maybe she was actively involved in booking him? 

I'm sure it's meaningless 

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Is it possible that with the lack of other announcements people are over analysing? 

Maybe the person who does his socials thanked her because she'd been liking tweets about him, or maybe she was actively involved in booking him? 

I'm sure it's meaningless 

Of course. But chat nature abhors an info vacuum and there was someone on here with info out of the Elton camp.

5 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Well, HOLY SH1T I’m almost crying just thinking of this as a possibility.

I’ve been dreaming of Gaga at Glastonbury for years now.

YES!!

Still kicking myself for not seeing her there in 2009 as my mates didn't want to. I wouldn't make that mistake again!

Would love Elton to bring her out as a guest

5 hours ago, Padjeq said:

No one really knows that Gary Barlow did backing vocals on Can You Feel The Love Tonight

but at Glastonbury 2023

THEY'RE GOING TO FIND OUT

To be fair, I love that song. I can cope with Barlow if it gets me that on the Pyramid.

19 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I'll ask my mate Angus if he can find out, he always crews for me in T&C. His dad went out with Kiki Dee back in the day. He lives next door to his dad. 

He also went out with Sandi Shaw which caused some ructions!

He must have some stories to tell.